2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE
2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE
Our legendary FJR has many features to accommodate the requirements of our customers.
Making it easier to use, and more comfortable while still maintaining the performance, handling and power characteristics that make it so much fun to ride. The YCC-S (Yamaha Chip Controlled Shifting) system provides effortless city and stop and plus increased open road comfort thanks to its “auto” clutch. We have also addressed numerous customer requests by designing an air flow management system that reduces the amount of heat to the rider. The bike is more adaptable to an individual’s riding preference with an adjustable handlebar and seat. Bodywork, lights, mirrors, and instrumentation raise the level of quality once again, while a unified braking system with standard ABS add to the FJR’s exceptional functionality.
– 1298cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled in-line four engine delivers massive power and torque (145 hp @ 8500 rpm and 99.1 ft-lbs of torque @ 6000 rpm) for an unequaled spread of muscle over a wide RPM range. Red line is a low 9,000 rpm for extended engine life.
– State-of-the-art engine uses advanced technology found on the legendary R1 such as a slant block design, stacked “Tri-Axis” transmission, fuel injection etc.
– One-piece cylinder and upper crankcase assembly provides tremendous engine rigidity that’s lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
– Engine is a fully stressed chassis member, allowing for a lightweight frame design.
– Lightweight forged pistons with carburized connecting rods provide superb strength and reduced reciprocating mass for outstanding engine response and durability.
– Ceramic composite cylinder bores ensure greater heat dissipation, reduced frictional losses and extended cylinder wear life.
– Specially designed four-valve per cylinder head features compact, side-driven double-overhead camshafts providing outstanding low to mid rpm torque and horsepower for effortless sport touring and effortless passing power.
– Advanced electronic fuel injection (EFI) system is ideal for long-distance sport-touring. The 42mm throttle body fuel injection system with 4-hole Nippon injectors delivering crisp, seamless throttle response regardless of weather or altitude. This system also enhances fuel economy, reduces emissions and offers instant, choke-free starting.
– A new progressive throttle pulley is utilized on the throttle body for improved throttle feeling
– EFI system features a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS), which monitors throttle position and, in conjunction with a variety of sensors (air intake temperature/pressure, atmospheric pressure, coolant temperature, crankshaft position and engine rpm), ensures precise injection intervals and ignition timing for optimal engine performance.
– Specially designed, low-vibration crankshaft features two gear-driven secondary counterbalancers delivering a smooth ride, which enhances both rider and passenger comfort.
– Compact engine design uses a stacked “Tri-Axis” transmission (transmission shafts are stacked to minimize powerplant size front to back). The stacked design reduces engine length and centralizes mass, thereby allowing the engineers the ability to place the engine in the “sweet spot” of the frame for optimized front and rear weight distribution which provides excellent handling characteristics.
– Revolutionary wide ratio, 5-speed transmission with newly designed Yamaha Chip Control Shifting (YCC-S) utilizes widely spaced gear ratios to deliver relaxed long-distance sport touring performance combined with seamless acceleration … all without a have to engage or disengage a clutch.
– Yamaha Chip Controlled shifting (YCC-S) is an industry first on a sport touring machine. The most noticeable difference is the lack of a clutch lever on the FJR1300AE. The YCC-S system uses two electronically controlled actuators … one for the clutch and one for shifting. The rider has the option of shifting with via a conveniently located handlebar switch or using the conventional foot shifter. The big difference is there is no clutching involved. Shift changes are smoother than a conventional manual clutch system and the foot shifter effort has been reduced with this system. The benefit is improved rider comfort due to the elimination of clutch hand fatigue especially in stop and go traffic plus reduced foot shifter effort. NOTE: This system is not an automatic shift system … the rider still must shift the bike, but without worrying about the clutch.
– Special scissors-type primary driven gear helps prevent drivetrain backlash and significantly reduces transmission noise for great rider comfort.
– Optimized middle drive / driven gear ratio for improved ride comfort at lower rpms.
– Clean, quiet shaft drive system is super-durable and low maintenance. This system features mechanical cam dampers in the drive pinion for quieter, smoother power delivery to the rear wheel.
– 4-into-1-into-2 stainless steel exhaust optimizes engine performance across the power band and utilizes four three-way catalytic converters to reduce emissions. Two are located in the junction “box” under the engine and one in each muffler. Combined with the Air Induction System (AIS), the FJR1300AE is one of the cleanest-running large-capacity motorcycle engines ever built. It easily exceeds the strict European EU-3 emission standards.
– Heated oxygen sensor (O2) provides precise fuel – air ratio information to the fuel injection system to reduce emissions even further, especially at lower engine temperatures.
– Curved radiator uses twin “ring-type” fans for great heat dissipation and to aid in moving the hot air out of the cowl area for optimized air management and less heat to the rider. Ring type fans “pulls” more air than a conventional type fan.
– Easy-access cartridge-type spin-on oil filter makes oil changes a snap.
– High capacity oil filter and large volume of engine oil (5 litres) provides extended service intervals between oil changes.
– Excessive lean angle cutout switch prevents the engine from running in the event of a tip over. The switch will activate at 70 degrees.
– Cast aluminum twin spar, diamond-type frame, features massive twin spars. This frame design is incredibly light and extremely rigid, the perfect combination for sharp, sportbike-like handling.
– Fully detachable aluminum rear subframe helps reduce weight while permitting easier rear shock access/maintenance.
– Lightweight, cast aluminum swingarm. The special swingarm design incorporates the shaft drive into its left side to reduce unsprung weight for incredible handling and suspension performance.
– Key chassis geometry figures include: caster angle = 26 degrees and trail of 109mm.
– Fully adjustable 48mm cartridge-style forks offer 135mm (5.4″) of wheel travel. The adjustable design allows the rider to tailor suspension settings to match rider weight, load and road conditions. Fork adjustments include: 5 – way spring preload, 21 – way compression damping and 17 – way rebound damping.
– Adjustable link Monocross rear suspension with 125mm (4.8″) of wheel travel features a handy, two-stage (hard/soft) spring preload adjustment lever that allows the rider to easily switch between solo and two-up preload settings. Other rear shock adjustments include: 18 – way rebound damping.
– Dual 320mm front discs are squeezed by Nissin 4-piston calipers with independent brake pads for each piston. Computer controlled ABS is now standard on the FJR1300AE.
– Unified braking system with computer controlled ABS. When the front brake is applied, all 4 – LHS front caliper pistons are activated, while only the “upper” two pistons on the RHS front caliper are activated. When applying the rear brake, both rear caliper pistons are activated plus the two lower pistons on the front RHS caliper.
– 282mm rear disc brake with opposed piston caliper provide outstanding stopping power. The caliper is mounted on the swingarm to reduce torque action for superior suspension and handling performance. The rear brake ABS system is also computer controlled.
– Lightweight cast-aluminum 3-spoke wheels are fitted with 120/70-ZR17 front and 180/55-ZR17 rear radial tires perfectly suited to both spirited solo riding or long-range trekking.
– Adjustable handlebars offers three positions of adjustability. From the centre position, the bars can be adjusted 5.5 mm forward or 5.5 mm back towards the rider. Total adjustment range is 11 mm.
– Stylish yet aerodynamic full fairing provides excellent wind and weather protection. Air flow management has been optimized to reduce the amount of heat that flows to the rider. There are vents on the outside of each headlight to allow cool air into the cockpit and fuel tank areas. There is also a fresh air vent below the instrument assembly.
– Middle cowl features a 2 – position adjustable visor / vent. The adjustment range is 30mm via quick turn fasteners. The rider can adjust these vents (30 mm / 1.2″ range) to allow more or less air toward the rider’s hip and leg area.
– Small item storage compartment is located in the upper left side of the fairing. Inside this compartment is a 12 volt 30 watt DC power outlet for added convenience. The lid can be opened when the ignition is turned on. Its 1 liter capacity is perfect for small items such as cell phone, wallet, garage door opener etc.
– Electrically adjustable windscreen was totally revised in 2006. The windshield features a fresh air duct at the bottom to reduce the vacuum tendency (negative pressure) in the cockpit area. The range of height adjustment is 136 mm (5.4″) The windshield can be easily raised for greater wind protection or lowered for a sportier profile via a convenient handlebar-mounted switch.
– R1-inspired cat-eye dual 60/55-watt multi-reflector halogen headlights can be easily adjusted for two up riding. Left and right sides can be independently adjusted via conveniently located screw type knobs.
– Sleek tailsection helps reduce drag and features a sturdy rear passenger grabrail that can double as a small rack.
– Quick-release luggage mounts mean fast removal of the 30 litre colour matched hard saddlebags. The FJR1300AE has been designed to look great with or without the saddlebags installed. It takes mere seconds to install or remove the locking saddlebags or optional top case.
– Adjustable, two-piece seat features an adjustment range of 20mm (0.8″) for the rider portion of the seat. There are two steps of adjustment via specially designed eccentric rubbers. Different foam densities for the front and rear sections, ensure plush comfort for both rider and passenger.
– Ergonomically shaped, large-capacity 25-litre fuel tank offers an excellent riding range, and is constructed of steel allowing for the use of magnetic tank bags. The reserve portion is 5 liters. The under side of the tank was revised in 2006 for improved air management.
– Easy-to-read instrumentation includes an electronic analog speedometer and tachometer, LCD digital odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel and coolant temperature gauges, plus a clock as well as a range of warning lights. Other functions include outside air temperature, a gear position indicator and fuel consumption read out. The speedo and tach feature stylish chrome accent rings for a stylish appearance.
– 5-position adjustable front brake and clutch levers.
– The FJR features a convenient “one-key” system to operate all keyed devices on the bike including the main ignition and steering lock, saddlebags and optional top case.
– Sporty, aerodynamic mirror shape. The mirrors fold for convenience.
– Dual-bulb taillight assembly and integrated turn signals for a slick, integrated look.
– Stylish clear front and rear turn signal lens
– Small under seat area can hold a small U-lock.
– Low-maintenance sealed battery
The FJR1300AE offers a significant level of power and performance. It is not intended for novice or inexperienced riders.
Type 1,298cc, liquid-cooled, 16-valve, DOHC, inline four-cylinder
Bore x Stroke 79 x 66.2mm
Compression Ratio 10.8:1
Carburetion Fuel injection (FI)
Ignition Digital TCI
Transmission 5-speed w/Yamaha Chip-Controled Shift
Final Drive Shaft
Suspension/Front 48mm Soqi telescopic fork w/adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping; 5.4″ travel
Suspension/Rear Single shock, link-type, w/adjustable preload and rebound damping; 4.8″ travel
Brakes/Front Dual 320mm discs w/4-piston calipers
Brakes/Rear 282mm disc, CBS ABS standard
Tires/Front 120/70-ZR17 radial
Tires/Rear 180/55-ZR17 radial
Seat Height 31.5”- 32.3″
Ground Clearance 5.3″
Fuel Capacity 6.6 gal.
Dry Weight 593 lbs.
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Engine 4-stroke, liquid cooled, DOHC, 16 valve, in-line four w/EFI
Displacement 1298 cc
Bore and Stroke 79 x 66.2 mm
Compression Ratio 10.8:1
Maximum Torque 13.7 kg-m (99.1 ft-lb) @ 7,000 rpm
Fuel Delivery 42 mm Mikuni throttle body F.I.
Ignition Digital TCI
Transmission Wide ratio, 5-speed, YCC-S auto clutch, electric shift
Final Drive Shaft
Suspension (Front) Fully adjustable 48mm fork
Suspension (Rear) Adjustable link Monocross
Brakes (Front) Dual 320 mm discs with ABS
Brakes (Rear) 282 mm disc
Tires (Front) 120/70 ZR17
Tires (Rear) 180/55 ZR17
Length 2,230 mm (87.7″)
Width 750 mm (29.5″)
Height 1,450 mm (57.1″)
Wheelbase 1,545 mm (60.8”)
Rake / Trail 26° / 109 mm (4.3″)
Ground Clearance 130 mm (5.1″)
Seat Height 800 mm (31.5”) to 820 mm (32.3″)
Dry Weight 268 kg (589.6 lbs)
Fuel Capacity 25 liters (5.5 Imp. gal.)
Colour(s) Bluish Silver
USA: $15,599 (Cerulean Silver) Available from January 2007
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.