2007 Yamaha MT-01
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha MT-01
2007 Yamaha MT-01
The MT-01 is the bike that started the Torque Sports revolution.
Maximum torque is unleashed at a mere 3750 rpms. The MT-01’s soul stirring torque is guaranteed to put a smile on your face while the agile sports chassis offers its rider all the exhilaration of a pure supersport machine. At Yamaha we recognize that as many sport riders mature, they often seek a slightly less extreme alternative. If you are ready to take the next step in sports riding, you owe it to yourself to check out the revolutionary 2007 MT-01.
– High-performance, 1670cc air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 4 valves per cylinder, 48°, V-twin powerplant produces massive torque and strong acceleration for an emotionally charged ride.
– Traditional pushrod valve actuation keeps engine height down for a lower centre of gravity for great handling and ensures more uniform heat dissipation due to absence of a cam chain case.
– One-piece head cover adds rigidity around the rocker arms to provide great high rpm performance and efficient heat dissipation.
– Four-valve, pent roof cylinder head design uses two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and great power delivery at all rpms.
– Valve train includes short design intake and exhaust rocker arms that reduce inertia during high-rpm performance.
– Twin, crankcase-mounted, high-lift cams ensure strong acceleration and horsepower. The cam profiles and timing are specially designed for the MT-01
– Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin camshafts deliver exceptional performance and lower maintenance requirements.
– Crankshaft and connecting rod design is unique to the MT-01. Inertia mass is reduced 18% and weight is reduced by 10% compared to the Warrior crank. The crank flywheel shapes are also different.
– Large-diameter pistons feature durable and lightweight forged construction to accommodate higher-rpm performance with reduced vibration and less reciprocating mass.
– Larger-bore ceramic composite-plated cylinders provide uniform heat dissipation, reduce weight, reduce friction and increase cylinder service life.
– Cooling fin thickness is optimized for maximum heat dissipation, thereby eliminating the need for liquid cooling, maintaining that traditional clean, air-cooled engine appearance. Special lower mounted aluminum air duct directs air toward the cylinders for additional cooling
– 40mm, twin-bore, downdraft Mikuni AC40 throttle body fuel injection (FI) with throttle position sensor (TPS) ensures optimal fuel delivery, great throttle response, reduced emissions and maximum power. Choke less design means no fuss, sure starts.
– 12 hole Mikuni injectors provide great fuel / air atomization for maximum power output.
– Specially designed air box features a solenoid controlled variable intake to provide excellent throttle response. The inlet duct is forward facing.
– State-of-the-art 32 bit Electronic Control Unit (ECU) ensures precisely metered fuel delivery and optimal ignition spark control using 3D mapping for each cylinder to provide maximum performance and response at all rpms.
– Dry sump lubrication system means a more compact engine design. The die cast aluminum oil reservoir is mounted low and in front/beside the engine which lowers the centre of gravity for great handling. A handy, spin-on oil filter means fast, easy oil changes.
– Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission features optimized primary, secondary and gear ratios for excellent power and torque feeling. Ratios are maximized to provide great “real world” spine-tingling roll-on performance at all rpms.
– Multi 10-plate wet clutch uses a new Nissin hydraulic master cylinder for easy, consistent lever pull and automatic adjustment of the free play. The fluid reservoir is integrated with the master cylinder for improved appearance. Its compact design makes it less “obtrusive” than the 2006 version. The lever has 4 positions of adjustment to suit various hand sizes.
– Under seat high-performance, 2-into-1-into 2 exhaust system features a mix of stainless steel and titanium components. The dual large diameter mufflers boost torque and horsepower while producing a throaty, V-twin growl. The system also utilizes an under seat cooling fan and special heat shields to eliminate any passenger discomfort from hot exhaust components.
– Three 3-way catalyizers are integrated into the exhaust system to reduce harmful emissions.
– The exhaust system also utilizes a lightweight titanium EXUP exhaust power valve which improves torque character, eliminates “flat spots” and improves overall power output.
– Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for fast, easy starting.
– Lightweight aluminum C.F. die cast downtube-type frame offers excellent handling and a clean image due to the lack of visible welds. Frame features a mix of die cast and forged tubes for strength and durability.
– The engine is a fully stressed member. Solid-mounted engine centralizes rider/machine mass for quick cornering transitions.
– Fully detachable C.F. die cast aluminum subframe means easier rear shock access and reduced costs in the event of a “loop-out”.
– R1 inspired lightweight under truss-type, aluminum swingarm offers superb rigidity. The swingarm length is optimized to provide excellent stability, traction and handling. The pivot point of the swingarm bolts to the outside of the frame, allowing a narrower frame. The benefit is a slimmer frame, and slimmer seat which reduces overall seat height.
– Fully adjustable 43mm inverted fork offers 120mm (4.7″) of wheel travel for exceptional sports handling. The adjustable design allows the rider to tailor suspension settings to match weight and road conditions to maximize handling and suspension performance. Adjustments include 5-way spring preload, 20-way compression damping and 25-way rebound damping adjustability. The lower fork legs have been revised to accommodate the new 6-piston calipers. The compression damping adjuster has also been re-located to accommodate the new calipers.
– Beefy, cast aluminum, top and bottom triple clamps help increase fork rigidity and reduce weight.
– Link rear suspension utilizes a fully adjustable “piggyback-type” single rear shock. Adjustments include; spring preload, 12-way compression damping and 20-way rebound damping adjustability. The shock is mounted low and behind the engine to centralize mass and keep a low center of gravity for excellent handling.
– Revised dual 310mm floating front rotors are squeezed by all new radial mount, ultra rigid, 6-piston, monoblock calipers, similar to those used on the new R1. The brake caliper pistons are aluminum for reduced weight. These new brakes provide exceptional stopping power with great lever feel and feedback.
– All new Brembo radial design front master cylinder utilizes a 16mm piston. The fluid reservoir is now integrated with the master cylinder for improved appearance. The lever can be adjusted to suit various hand sizes.
– 267mm floating rear disc is squeezed by a dual-piston caliper Nissin caliper.
– Unique 4-spoke lightweight mag wheels reduce weight and enhance handling qualities. Front rim size is MT 3.50×17 while the rear rim is a wide MT 6.00×17 fitted with tubeless radial tires for awesome handling.
– Compact 15 liter steel fuel tank allows the use of tank bags. Low fuel light activates with 3 liters of fuel remaining.
– One piece “Buckskin-type” leather seat features a flat profile for excellent rider and passenger comfort. The MT symbol is embossed in the rear of the seat.
– Conventional handlebar is used. The conventional design means a comfortable riding position and allows easy, fast handlebar replacement.
– Compact, multi-functional centrally mounted instrument features an analogue speedo, digital tach, dual tripmeters, a fuel reserves tripmeter, low fuel light and clock. The brightness of the background illumination and LCDs can be adjusted to suit personal preferences.
– Eye catching multi reflector 55/51-watt halogen headlight provides a powerful beam of light.
– LED rear tail light with stylish clear lens.
– Immobilizer ignition system is designed to reduce the possibility of theft. This system must recognize the “coded ignition key” in order for the unit to start. If the immobilizer ignition does not recognize the key (or a theft’s screwdriver or other type of “jimmy tool” the bike will not start even if the ignition is turned or forced into the on position.
– Newly designed, more stylish lower fork leg protectors prevent dirt and stone chips from damaging sliders and seals
– New more sporty designed mirrors feature a unique shape and great visibility.
– “O” ring chain
– Low-fuel warning light
– Fork lock integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience
– 4-way adjustable clutch lever and adjustable front brake lever
– Low maintenance sealed battery.
The MT-01 offers a significant level of power and performance. It is not intended for novice or inexperienced riders.
Not sold in the USA
Engine Air-cooled, OHV, 8-valve, 48 degree, V-twin w/EFI
Displacement 1670 cc
Bore and Stroke 97 x 113 mm
Compression Ratio 8.4:1
Maximum Torque 15.3 kg-m (110.7 ft-lb) @ 3,750 rpm
Fuel Delivery 40 mm Mikuni throttle body F.I.
Lubrication Wet sump
Ignition Digital TCI
Final Drive O-ring chain
Suspension (Front) Fully adjustable 43 mm inverted fork
Suspension (Rear) Fully adjustable link Monocross
Brakes (Front) Dual 320 mm discs
Brakes (Rear) 267 mm disc
Tires (Front) 120/70ZR17
Tires (Rear) 190/50ZR17
Length 2,185 mm (86″)
Width 800 mm (31.5″)
Height 1,105 mm (43.5″)
Wheelbase 1,525 mm (60″)
Rake / Trail 25° / 103 mm (4.1″)
Ground Clearance 145 mm (5.7″)
Seat Height 825 mm (32.5″)
Dry Weight 241 kg (530.2 lb)
Fuel Capacity 15 litres (3.3 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Metallic Black; Bluish White; Deep Metallic Red
USA: Not sold in the USA
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.