2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic
On the right road.
You instinctively know a great cruiser when you see one. Spirited V-twin performance, of course, and cool style that’s just begging for some choice personalization. It’s all right here.
If we were to ask you if you wanted a powerful big-bore cruiser for the same kind of money you’d spend on most middleweights, we’re pretty sure the answer would be an emphatic yes.
So we’ll take the liberty of telling you a little more: the V-Star 1100 Classic features air-cooled V-twin power for effortless cruising, a 17-litre gas tank for all-day junkets, a nice long wheelbase, convenient shaft drive and lots more, including lots of chrome detailing.. One more question: Have we got your attention?
Canadian model will have spoked wheels.
– 1,063cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 75° V-twin produces outstanding low- and mid-range torque – maximum torque is reached at only 2,500 rpm – for exceptional overall cruising performance.
– Forged, lightweight pistons provide excellent durability while reducing reciprocating mass for fast throttle response.
– Ceramic composite cylinder plating ensures superior heat dissipation for better cooling, less friction and longer engine life.
– Thick cylinder cooling fins enhance the stylish look while increasing cooling efficiency and reducing mechanical noise.
– Dual Mikuni BSR 37mm carburetors with throttle position sensor feature a carburetor heater and handy, side-mounted air filter to ensure consistent fuel flow, great throttle response and optimum power throughout the rev range.
– Transistorized coil ignition provides a hot spark for sure starts and is maintenance-free.
– Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce maintenance and engine noise.
– One-way, cam clutch-type starter decreases mechanical noise during starting.
– Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission is well suited to both city and highway use.
– Classic heel-toe shifter is a throwback to yesteryear.
– Low-maintenance, chrome, exposed shaft drive delivers superior reliability and a clean, quiet ride.
– 2-into-2 exhaust system with dual shotgun-style, staggered pipes plays outstanding V-twin music. Replacement with aftermarket mufflers is simple.
– Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC emissions.
– Numerous chromed engine parts reinforce this motorcycle’s quality image.
– Low-slung, large-diameter, double-cradle steel frame creates a strong, stylish machine with precise, predictable handling.
– Long, 1,645mm (64.8″) wheelbase produces long and low retro profile, with spacious ergonomics for added rider comfort and solid, stable handling.
– Beefy, 41mm front fork with 140mm (5.5″) of wheel travel smoothes out the bumps for incredible ride quality.
– Fork shrouds, top triple clamp, and new one-piece handlebar holder are chromed for 2005.
– Preload-adjustable, single rear shock lowers centre of gravity for better handling and a plush ride. There are 9 preload adjustments that allow the rider to tailor spring settings to match load and road conditions.
– Rear shock is tucked out of sight for that classic, hardtail look. Rear wheel travel is 113mm (4.5″).
– Low 710mm (28″) seat height enhances maneuverability and provides additional rider confidence by allowing most riders to put their feet flat on the ground.
– Dual 298mm front disc brakes with twin piston calipers provide strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
– 282mm rear disc brake with opposed piston caliper
– Comfortably placed, full-size rider floorboards enhance ride by minimizing vibration and fatigue.
– Wide tires on beautiful spoked, chrome wheels help create that Classic look.
– 7-spoke, cast aluminum mag wheels are easy to clean and fitted with wide 16″ front and 15″ rear tubeless tires. Note: Mag wheels available only on Black and Gold model.
– Wide handlebars enhance both overall ergonomics and retro styling.
– Thickly padded, low-profile rider seat and passenger pillion offer excellent rider comfort. Passenger seat is removable.
– Deeply valanced steel front and rear fenders are durable, unmistakably classic and easy to customize.
– 17-litre fuel tank provides an extra long cruising range.
– Eye-catching, tank-mounted speedometer features digital odometer, tripmeter and warning lights.
– Industry-leading Star Family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a stunningly timeless machine.
– Locking compartment under side cover provides handy, secure storage for small items.
– Chrome, 60/55-watt, halogen headlight
– Low-maintenance, sealed battery
– 3-D fuel tank emblem reinforces the Star family’s quality
– Self-cancelling turn signals with new white lenses
– Helmet and steering locks
– Handlebar-mounted choke lever
– Wide, Royal Star-inspired levers
– Convenient bungee cord hooks on passenger pegs
– Electric fuel pump
Engine Air-cooled, SOHC, 4-valve, 75°, V-twin
Bore and Stroke 95 x 75mm
Compression Ratio 8.3:1
Maximum Torque 8.7kg-m (63 ft-lb)@ 2,500 rpm
Fuel Delivery Mikuni BSR37 x 2
Ignition Digital TCI
Final Drive Shaft
Suspension (Front) 41mm fork
Suspension (Rear) Adjustable link Monocross
Brakes (Front) Dual 298mm discs
Brakes (Rear) 282mm disc
Tires (Front) 130/90-16
Tires (Rear) 170/80-15
Length 2,460mm (96.9″)
Width 945mm (37.2″)
Height 1,095mm (43.1″)
Wheelbase 1,645mm (64.8″)
Seat Height 710mm (28″)
Dry Weight 272kg (599 lb)
Fuel Capacity 17 litres (3.7 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Metallic Black; Dark Metallic Gray
USA: $8,899 (Raven/Charcoal Flames) Available from July 2006
$8,899 (Metallic Titanium/Liquid Silver) Available from July 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.