2007 Yamaha WR450F
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha WR450F
2007 Yamaha WR450F
Tame the terrain.
It’s got the muscle to unravel any trail. The WR450F is the most power-packed, sharpest, numble big-bore WR ever.
Power is nothing without controllability.
The all new WR450F is a unique blend of the most sought after YZ attributes with the all day rideability necessary for enduro domination. The YZ450F based engine has been specifically tuned to provide tractable performance and low vibration for improved rider comfort. New lightweight aluminum frame, enduro based suspension and all new bodywork provide a light feel and excellent rider maneuverability. The 2007 WR450F specially developed enduro machine featuring YZ based performance potential.
– All new, liquid-cooled, 449cc, 5-valve, DOHC, 4-stroke powerplant with super light titanium valves is based on the current YZ450F engine design. The new WR engine features cam shafts, ECU , carburetion and exhaust which vary slightly from the YZ450F for improved enduro useage.
– Super convenient electric starting means fast, sure starts. The electric starter is also backed up by a manual kickstarter which has been revised for improved durability and to accommodate the new aluminum frame.
– Hassle free automatic decompression system ensures fast restarts in any gear.
– Convenient, handlebar-mounted hot start lever for easy restarts when the engine is hot.
– Magnesium cylinder head cover helps reduce weight.
– Cylinder inclination angle has been reduced (8.5 to 4.5 degrees) to centralize mass and bring the center of gravity closer to the rider for improved weight distribution and lighter handling.
– The decompressor boss has been removed and the head features a taller deck and new design for increased stiffness. The exterior head to cylinder mounting bolts are now accessible from the top side for improved serviceability.
– New intake manifold bolts to the head for improved serviceability. New intake port shape increases the velocity of the incoming charge for more complete cylinder filling and more power.
– Optimized combustion chamber design provides the most efficient intake and exhaust flow for maximum engine performance
– Titanium valves and load-reduced springs decrease weight by more than 40% over a conventional valve train and reduce reciprocating mass for faster-revving, smoother-hitting power delivery across the rev range.
– Special cylinder design features cutaways that allow the air trapped under the piston to enter a side chamber (or cutaway) to reduce horsepower-robbing “pumping losses.”
– All new crankcase design based on the YZ450F features an integrated dry sump oil tank inside the front area of the engine cases. This design centralizes mass and reduces the centre of gravity for improved handing and a lighter feel. Exterior oil lines have been eliminated
– The new crankcase features a tri-axis design layout for the crank, main and drive axles. This tri-axis design keeps the crankcases more compact while also centralizing mass for better handling. All of the shafts are positioned low in the cases to maintain a low centre of gravity.
– The new crankcase also utilizes cutaways to reduce “pumping losses.” The crankcase cutaways match the cutaways in the cylinder.
– Special cam shaft profiles (different from YZ450F) provide outstanding low to mid range power well suited to enduro style riding. The WR450F offers a wide spread of linear torque from low to peak rpms.
– Lightweight crankshaft means fast throttle response while a revised connecting rod improves durability.
– All new ball bearing mounted balancer shaft reduces vibration for improved rider comfort and reduced fatigue during long rides.
– Lightweight, short-skirt, forged piston for great durability and reduced weight.
– New piston oil cooler utilizes a pinpoint nozzle that directs oil to the desired portion of the cylinder and piston, to reduce piston, cylinder and rod temperatures for improved durability.
– Oil volume in engine has been optimized to reduce weight and oil “drag” related power losses.
– Compact design automatic cam chain tensioner reduces maintenance and mechanical engine noise.
– Revised Keihin FCR-MX39 flat-slide carburetor with throttle position sensor (TPS) ensures ultra-precise fuel/air mixing and lightning-quick throttle response. The settings have been changed to match the new engine and increased power.
– Revised ECU features new ignition mapping to accommodate the engine improvements for maximize power output. The new ECU provides optimal timing at all rpms for strong, fast engine response.
– Lightweight direct ignition coil is integrated into the plug cap to reduce weight and complexity
– Wide ratio 5-speed transmission features a revised primary gear ratio fro improved torque feeling.
– Heavy-duty clutch matches engine output and offers a light, progressive clutch feel with less lever effort for smoother shifting.
– Quick-access, lightweight magnesium outer clutch cover allows fast, easy access to the clutch.
– New YZ450 based dual radiators provide more frontal surface area while being reduced in thickness. There is a new reinforcing bar to provide extra strength in the event of a tip over. Newly designed louvers direct cooling air in the rads for maximum cooling efficiency.
– Newly designed airbox matches the new frame and is fastened by one bolt for quick removal. The washable, dual-stage, foam air filter can e accessed without tools via “Dzus-type” fasteners
– Revised, lightweight exhaust system features a stainless steel header pipe with titanium heat shield, aluminum muffler and titanium rear cone. This system maximizes engine power and allows hassle-free replacement of the oil filter.
– Lightweight aluminum wrapped muffler offers an 82 dba noise level (stock settings). This muffler features a “serviceable”, screen-type spark arrestor which prevents sparks from exiting the exhaust.
– Oversize race-type “barrel adjuster” for easy, on-the-fly adjustability of clutch lever / cable play.
– All new, lightweight aluminum semi-double-cradle frame features a cast steering head while the remainder of the frame uses forged, pipe stock and extruded components. Yamaha has maintained the semi double cradle design to allow for “controlled flex” to optimize suspension action. The new frame provides a lower centre of gravity for a light feel and razor sharp handling, plus less rider fatigue, and excellent stability.
– New removable, aluminum rear subframe constructed of square-section pipe reduces weight and provides easy rear suspension access. Allen-style bolts that secure the sub frame to the main frame for fast, easy removal
– Revised lightweight, tapered, aluminum swingarm is produced using “hydro forming”, a special forming method that uses high pressure water to form shapes. The area at the chain adjuster has been modified for a slight weight reduction.
– Revised, 48mm, adjustable inverted, Kayaba cartridge fork provide excellent suspension performance. The settings have been revised to compliment the new aluminum frame. Front wheel travel is 300mm (11.8″). Front fork adjustments include: 20-way compression damping and 20-way rebound damping. Optional fork springs are available through Genuine Yamaha parts.
– New large plastic fork protectors wrap further around the fork tubes for increased protection. These fork protectors are self-supporting to reduce friction for smoother fork operation.
– New, forged aluminum upper and lower triples clamp reduce weight and provide increased strength.
– Adjustable handlebar mounts allow the handlebars to be moved 10mm rearward if desired.
– All-new, lightweight, Pro-Taper aluminum handlebar with reinforcing crossbar and foam pad. The handlebar mount is forged aluminum
– Monocross rear suspension system features a fully adjustable, Kayaba piggy back style shock with separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping. The shock adjusts for spring preload, 20 clicks of low-speed compression damping, 2 turns of high-speed compression damping and 20 clicks of rebound damping. Rear wheel travel is 310mm (12″).
– The rear suspension linkage and ratio has been changed for improved suspension function. The linkage design is now same as YZ.
– New 250mm fully floating wave type disc brake is squeezed by a twin piston Nissin caliper fitted with lightweight, aluminum pistons provides excellent braking performance. Shorty-style adjustable front brake lever.
– New 245mm wave type utilizes a single piston Nissin caliper and an integrated rear master cylinder (fluid reservoir is integrated into the top of the master cylinder to reduce weight) delivers strong, progressive stopping power with excellent control and feel.
– Rugged, Excel 21″ front and 18″ rear rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
– High tech, lightweight digital meter assembly. This compact meter features: speedometer, dual tripmeters, odometer and a clock in the basic mode. Or in the “race mode”, pace management functions such as timer, and distance compensating tripmeter.
– All new bodywork is very similar to the YZ components. The front fender, rad shrouds, side covers and rear fender are all new for an improved appearance. Body rigidity is increased. The “slim line” bodywork allows fast, easy rider movements and a lighter overall machine feel.
– New seat is based on YZ style but is wider with more padding for good rider comfort.
– All new slim design front headlight is more compact and offers 35 watts of lighting power. The headlight beam is adjustable up and down.
– Slim design LED taillight
– New black plastic fuel tank capacity is 8 liters
– Lightweight aluminum kickstand is designed to allow lots of ground clearance.
– Heavy duty one piece plastic engine guard. Only 3 bolts hold it in place for easy removal when cleaning bike.
– Extra wide stainless steel foot pegs provide excellent grip
– Premium Dunlop knobby tires
– Heavy duty Excel rims and straight pull spokes.
– Tapered steering head bearings for durability
– Enduro-style lighting front and rear increase versatility by maximizing nighttime and low- light visibility.
– New 8-litre fuel tank with convenient on/off/reserve petcock for peace of mind
– Extra wide, titanium folding footpegs
– Serrated rear brake lever and folding shift lever tip
– Rugged, plastic, lower rear disc and rear caliper protectors
– Sealed, low-maintenance battery is gel-filled to prevent leaks in the event of a tip-over.
– Waterproof starter button and engine kill switch are handlebar-mounted.
– New YZ style chain guide and rubber swingarm protector
– Heavy duty “O” ring chain for durability
Engine 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 5-valve (titanium)
Displacement 449 cc
Bore and Stroke 95 x 63.4 mm
Compression Ratio 12.3:1
Maximum Torque 5.0kg-m (36.2 ft-lb) @ 7,500 rpm
Fuel Delivery Keihin FCR-MX39, flat-slide w/throttle position sensor
Lubrication Dry sump
Ignition Digital CDI
Transmission Wide-ratio, 5-speed
Final Drive Chain
Suspension (Front) Adjustable 48 mm inverted fork
Suspension (Rear) Adjustable link Monocross
Brakes (Front) 250 mm floating disc
Brakes (Rear) 245 mm disc
Tires (Front) 80/100-21
Tires (Rear) 110/100-18
Length 2,175 mm (85.6″)
Width 825 mm (32.5″)
Height 1,295 mm (51″)
Wheelbase 1,485 mm (58.5″)
Ground Clearance 365 mm (14.3″)
Seat Height 980 mm (38.6″)
Dry Weight 112.5kg (247.5 lb)
Fuel Capacity 8 litres (1.8 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Yamaha Blue
USA: $7,199 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from November 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.