2008 Honda CRF150F
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Honda CRF150F
2008 Honda CRF150F
For off-road fun, nothing beats the electric-start CRF150F. Big enough to keep experienced adults entertained but small and light for beginning riders, the CRF150F is the darling of the off-road enthusiast press.
Boasting most of the same premium features as the CRF230F, the CRF150F is ready and willing to go just about anywhere the big bikes can. But its smaller wheels, shorter seat height and more-compact ergonomics ensure that learning riders won’t feel intimidated as they gain experience. A 149 cc air-cooled four-stroke engine delivers its power smoothly, with lots of torque for easy takeoffs and no sudden surges as the revs rise. For 2008 the CRF150F gets a slimmer and lower seat and fuel tank for improved comfort and lighter handing feel, plus new handgrips and revised suspension settings.
Smooth, easy-to-use power, plush suspension and responsive handling make the CRF150F full-sized off-road fun in a mid-size package. With electric starting, a five-speed, manual-shift gearbox, new, narrower seat, fuel tank, and dependable 149cc four-stroke engine, it’s the ideal machine for recreational riders, teen-size to grown-up.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
– Narrower seat, fuel tank and new handlebar shape increase rider comfort.
– New carburetor jetting improves engine performance.
– Dependable 149cc single-cylinder air-cooled four-stroke engine produces smooth, easy-to-use power that’s ideal for recreational riders.
– 24mm carburetor offers excellent throttle response.
– Ultra-reliable CD ignition never needs maintenance.
– Electric starter for convenient starting in all conditions.
– Heavy-duty clutch offers smooth engagement and durability.
– Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission.
– Five-speed transmission ratios to match engine power characteristics.
– Lightweight semi-double-cradle high-tensile steel frame.
– 35mm leading-axle Showa front fork offers 9.1 inches of compliant suspension travel.
– Pro-Link® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section)
– Heavy-duty Showa rear shock offers 8.9 inches of travel.
– Powerful 240mm front disc brake.
– Lightweight rear drum brake.
– Engine design produces low emissions that meets both EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road standards.
– Maintenance-free battery.
– Snail-type chain adjusters for easy maintenance.
– Durable body components.
– High-impact plastic skidplate for undercarriage protection.
– Motocross-style seat is low and comfortable and allows maximum rider movement.
– Cleated, folding and self-cleaning footpegs offer secure footing.
– Folding shift lever and brake-pedal tips.
– Fork boots keep dirt and moisture away from fork seals.
– Durable steel sprockets.
– Washable, reusable, foam air filter.
– Quiet, USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
– CRF®-R inspired bodywork.
– Keyed ignition switch.
– Transferable six-month limited warranty.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Engine Type: 149cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 57.3mm x 57.8mm
Compression ratio: 9.5:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two-valve
Induction: 24mm piston-valve carburetor
Final Drive: #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 13T/48T
Front: 35mm leading-axle Showa fork; 9.1 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock; 8.9 inches travel
Front: Single 240mm disc
Wheelbase: 52.2 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 26.7°
Trail: 87mm (3.4 inches)
Seat Height: 32.5 inches
Ground Clearance: 10.0 inches
Fuel Capacity: 1.9 gallons, including 0.4-gallon reserve
Curb Weight*: 236 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
MSRP: $3,799 CDN
Engine Type Air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 149 cc
Bore & Stroke 57.3 mm x 57.8 mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Valve Train SOHC, two-valve
Fuel Delivery Single 24 mm piston-valve carb
Transmission Five-speed with manual clutch
Final Drive #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 13T/48T
Front Suspension 35 mm leading-axle Showa fork; 231 mm (9.1 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Pro-Link Showa single shock; 226 mm (8.9 inches) travel
Tires 70/100 – 19 front; 90/100 – 16 rear
Brakes Front 240 mm disc with dual-piston caliper; rear drum
Ground Clearance 254 mm (10 inches)
Seat Height 825 mm (32.5 inches)
Wheelbase 1,327 mm (52.2 inches)
Dry Weight 107 kg (236 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 7.2 litres
Colour Extreme Red
Specifications and features are subject to change