2009 Honda CRF230M
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda CRF230M
2009 Honda CRF230M
The all-new CRF230M is street-ready for hours of urban and backroad adventure, with sporty 17-inch wheels and low-profile tires, plus a torquey, electric-start engine that boasts exceptional fuel economy. This agile street specialist features a dependable 223cc single-cylinder air-cooled four-stroke engine that pumps out plenty of user-friendly. Finally, the CRF230M packs CRF®-R-inspired bodywork and graphics to provide lots of style while you’re on the go.
The all-new CRF230M is street-ready for hours of urban and backroad adventure, with sporty 17-inch wheels and low-profile tires, a torquey, electric-start 223cc engine that boasts exceptional fuel economy.
– Motard-styling with a low and comfortable seat, allows maximum rider movement.
– Aggressive 23.9-degree rake and 91mm of trail provide spirited handling.
– Lightweight 17-inch wheels with sporty low-profile 70-series Dunlop GT401 Arrowmax tires.
– Lightweight Renthal aluminum handlebar with comfortable grips
– CRF®inspired bodywork and graphics with a black frame
– Dependable 223cc single-cylinder air-cooled four-stroke engine offers plenty of user-friendly power and lots of torque spread over a wide rpm-range.
– 30mm CV carburetor for crisp throttle response.
– Electric start for easy starting.
– Lightweight aluminum crankcase.
– Maintenance-free CD ignition.
– Heavy-duty clutch offers smooth, progressive engagement.
– Smooth-shifting, versatile six-speed transmission.
– Heavy-duty O-ring – sealed chain for durability and reduced maintenance.
– Wide box-section aluminum swingarm provides excellent rigidity to manage traction capability of large rear tire.
– Lightweight semi-double-cradle high-tensile steel frame.
– 37mm leading-axle Showa front fork offers 9.0 inches of suspension travel.
– Heavy-duty Showa rear shock offers 6.6 (167mm) inches of travel for optimum front/rear balance.
– Fork boots keep dirt and moisture away from fork seals.
– Snail-type chain adjusters for easy maintenance.
– Powerful 240mm front disc brake, and 220mm rear disc brake.- Road-ready, lightweight 17-inch wheels – 3.0-inch front, 3.5-inch rear – with straight-pull spokes.
– Grippy Dunlop GT401 Arrowmax 110/70-17 front and 130/70- 17 rear tires.
– Durable front and rear steel sprockets.
– Wide cleated, folding, self-cleaning footpegs feature rubber-mount pads to minimize vibration and provide secure footing.
– Cleated brake pedal provides excellent grip.
– Quiet, USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
– Maintenance-free sealed battery.
– Ignition switch key for added security.
– Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Riders Club of America® (HRCA®).
– Rear Rack
– Hand Guard Kit
– Cycle Cover
– Rear Carrier
– Rear Storage Bag
2009 Honda CRF230M – USA Specifications
MSRP: $4,749 USD
Engine Type 223cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke 65.5 x 66.2 mm
Compression Ratio 9.0:1
Valve Train SOHC; two valve
Induction 30mm CV carburetor
Final Drive #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 13T/50T
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 37mm leading-axle Showa® fork; 9.0 inches of travel
Rear Suspension Pro-link Showa® single shock with adjustable spring preload; 6.3 inches of travel
Front Brake Single 240 mm disc
Rear Brake 220 mm disc
Front Tire 2.75-21
Rear Tire 120/80-18
Rake 26.83 degrees
Trail 103mm (4.0 inches)
Wheelbase 52.75 inches
Seat Height 31.9 inches
Curb Weight 267 lbs (*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
Fuel Capacity 2.3 gallons, including 0.7 gallon reserve
Ground Clearance 9.5 inches
Available Colors Black
Model ID CRF230M
Emissions Meets current CARB and EPA standards
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
One Year Coverage of defects in materials and workmanship
2009 Honda CRF230M – Canada Specifications
MSRP: $0 CDN
Model not available in Canada