2009 Honda CRF70F
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda CRF70F
2009 Honda CRF70F
While the CRF80F is generally considered the ideal bridge between Honda’s CRF50F mini and our larger-displacement off-roaders, the CRF70F holds a rather unique spot in our trailbike family. Perhaps your budding MX star is a bit too big for the 50 – or maybe he or she just needs a bigger bike that still features an easy-to-use automatic clutch and dependably smooth four-stroke power. Sound about right? Then the CRF70F is the machine for you.
The CRF70F serves as a great introduction to off-road motorcycling, thanks to its automatic clutch, low seat height, three-speed transmission, and low-maintenance 72cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke engine.
Features & Benefits
– Fuel-efficient SOHC 72cc four-stroke engine offers easy-to-use power and a high level of dependability.
– 13mm piston-valve carburetor offers excellent rideability and high fuel mileage.
– Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
– Automatic cam-chain tensioner.
– Maintenance-free CD ignition.
– Quiet, USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester.
– #420 drive chain is tough and durable.
– Three-speed constant-mesh transmission with automatic clutch for easy takeoffs and shifting.
– Lightweight and rigid backbone frame configuration.
– Smooth-action 27mm front fork provides 3.2 inches of suspension travel for confident control over rugged trails.
– Triangulated swingarm with single shock is durable and offers 3.5 inches of rear wheel travel.
– Brakes are compact, lightweight and feature leading-/trailing-shoe-design front and rear.
– Knobby tires offer excellent grip and long life.
– CRF®-R-inspired graphics.
– Engine design produces low emissions that meets both EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
– Keyed ignition switch provides added security.
– Steel-spoked wheels combine with Honda Racing styling and graphics to look like the bigger CRFs.
– CRF-style seat shape accommodates a broad range of rider sizes.
– Small and lightweight feel combine with low seat height to inspire confidence in younger riders.
– Tough and durable plastic body parts.
– Motocross-style handlebar with crossbar.
– Folding, cleated footpegs offer secure footing even in muddy conditions.
– Silver-painted frame and footpegs.
– Front suspension features dual-rate springs for improved rider comfort and bump absorption.
Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America®, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse Web site and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA®, log on to hrca.honda.com.
2009 Honda CRF70F – USA Specifications
MSRP: 1,699 USD
Engine Type: 72cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 47mm x 41.4mm
Compression ratio: 9.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two-valve
Induction: 13mm piston-valve Carburetor
Transmission: Three-speed with automatic clutch
Final Drive: #420 chain; 15T/36T
Suspension Front: 27mm telescopic fork; 3.2 inches travel
Rear: Single shock; 3.5 inches travel
Brakes Front: Drum
Tires Front: 2.50-14
Wheelbase: 42.0 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 27.03o
Trail: 61.5mm (2.4 inches)
Seat Height: 26.1 inches
Ground Clearance: 7.0 inches
Curb Weight*: 139 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 1.3 gallons, including 0.3 reserve
6 months Coverage of defects in materials and workmanship
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
* Curb weight includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel – ready to ride.
2009 Honda CRF70F – Canada Specifications