2009 Honda Silver Wing
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda Silver Wing
2009 Honda Silver Wing
Take off across the continent, or fly around town. The Silver Wing gets you there in comfort and style. Featuring a fuel-injected 582cc DOHC engine, a fully automatic CVT transmission, and room for two in the cockpit, the Silver Wing is rider-friendly with its electric start and sophisticated braking system. Add super-reliability and a cool aerodynamic profile, and this scooter adds up to one heck of a Honda.
Features & Benefits
New for 2009
– New Candy Dark Red color.
– Sophisticated Honda V-Matic belt-drive system delivers seamless shifting and ample power at any speed.
– Combined Braking System (CBS) provides excellent braking power for added confidence in a wide range of operating conditions (see Technology Section).
– Cavernous 55-liter underseat storage compartment and beautiful, lightweight aluminum rear spoiler.
– Four-stroke 582cc parallel twin-cylinder engine features DOHC and four valves per cylinder for unequalled engine performance and clean, efficient operation.
– Air injection system, exhaust catalyzer and advanced digital mapping simultaneously reduce emissions.
– Engine’s 360-degree crankshaft design incorporates two primary balancer shafts into the crankcase to minimize vibration.
– Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures excellent engine performance, trouble-free operation and 16,000-mile valve maintenance intervals.
– Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) (see Technology Section).
– Maintenance-free, fully transistorized digital ignition ensures reliable power.
– Compact, liquid-cooled oil cooler mounts to the front of the crankcase and provides a convenient mount for the spin-on oil filter.
– Fan-cooled radiator ensures consistent engine operating temperatures and long engine life.
– Lightweight and quiet stainless-steel exhaust system.
– Honda V-Matic automatic belt-drive system has sophisticated three-stage operation for optimum power delivery around town or on the freeway.
– Durable steel frame is lightweight yet strong, providing an optimum combination of rigidity and flexibility for superb handling for one- and two-up riding.
– Engine crankshaft and swingarm pivot are coaxially aligned to eliminate the engine as an unsprung suspension member, resulting in better mass centralization for excellent handling, stability and rider comfort.
– Stout 41mm hydraulic front fork with 4.7 inches of suspension travel provides a plush, well-controlled ride.
– Dual rear shocks have 4.5 inches of travel and five-position spring preload adjustability for a smooth, comfortable ride. Rearward mounting of the shocks allows a large-capacity underseat storage compartment.
– A hydraulic three-piston caliper and 276mm front disc brake plus a lightweight, twin-piston caliper and 240mm rear disc brake offer excellent stopping power.
– Large 14-inch 120/80 front tire and 13-inch 150/70 rear tire provide excellent traction.
– Wind-tunnel-developed full-coverage bodywork and windscreen are both beautiful and functional, protecting the rider from the elements while reducing wind noise.
– Integrated floorboards angle upward in the front for optimum rider foot placement when riding. The floorboards narrow below the seat, allowing the rider to easily place both feet on the ground.
– Multireflector headlight incorporates a wide-dimension low beam directly above the high beam in a compact V shape for optimal lighting.
– Wide, low, padded seat has an adjustable five-position rider backrest that adjusts over a 2-inch range. The long, wide passenger seat is very comfortable for all-day two-up riding. The locking seat opens to the front and is held open by a hydraulic damper for easy loading of the storage compartment.
– Instrumentation includes an analog speedometer and tachometer, with LCD digital displays for odometer, twin tripmeters, fuel, clock and coolant temperature. Indicator lights display parking brake, fuel injection, V-belt, high beam, oil pressure and coolant temperature.
– Large 4.2-gallon fuel tank offers extended cruising range. The fuel door is located behind a locking cover built into the floor tunnel for easy access.
– An easy-to-use cable-operated rear-disc parking brake is engaged by pulling a large handle on the upper-right panel. Pulling the handle again releases the brake.
– Powerful 12-volt electrical system and maintenance-free battery offer superb reliability.
– Ignition switch/steering lock helps keep the Silver Wing secure when parked.
– Sidestand switch allows starting only if the sidestand has been retracted and the rear brake lever is applied.
– Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a
Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Riders Club of America® (HRCA®).
2009 Honda Silver Wing – USA Specifications
MSRP: $8,199 USD
Engine Type 582cc liquid-cooled four-stroke parallel-twin
Bore and Stroke 72mm x 71.5mm
Compression Ratio 10.2:1
Induction PGM-FI with automatic enricher circuit, four-hole injectors
Valve Train DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Ignition Computer-controlled fully transistorized with electronic advance
Transmission Automatic V-Matic belt drive
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 41mm hydraulic fork; 4.7 inches travel
Rear Suspension Swingarm with dual hydraulic shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 4.5 inches travel
Front Brake Single 276 mm disc with CBS three-piston caliper
Rear Brake Single 240 mm disc with CBS twin-piston caliper;
Front Tires 120/80-14
Rear Tires 150/70-13
Wheelbase 62.8 inches; 41mm hydraulic fork; 4.7 inches travel
Seat Height 29.7 inches
Curb Weight 540 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.)
Fuel Capacity 4.2 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Available Colors Candy Dark Red
Model ID FSC600
Emissions Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA standards.
Note Full-coverage bodywork and windscreen
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
One Year “Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.”
2009 Honda Silver Wing – Canada Specifications
MSRP: $0 CDN
This model not available in Canada, see ABS version