Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2005 Victory Vision 800
2005 Victory Vision 800
Victory Motorcycles Makes Waves At
International Motorcycle Show In Long Beach, CA
Unveiling of ‘Victory Vision™ 800’ Concept Bike Wows Press and Public At Prestigious Show
MEDINA, MN (December 12, 2005) – In a dramatic live unveiling before the motorcycle and mainstream media, Victory Motorcycles, a division of Polaris Industries Inc (NYSE/PSE: PII), revealed their Vision 800 concept motorcycle at this past weekend’s International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach, California. A fully automatic motorcycle that pushes beyond the current reality of American style and design, it provides a glimpse into one possible future segment of American motorcycles.
With its Victory Motorcycle division continuing to outpace industry growth, an ongoing strategic partnership with leading European motorcycle manufacturer KTM and a recent organizational expansion of its motorcycle and international businesses, Polaris’ commitment to its motorcycle business has gone global – and has never been greater.
Driven by zealot-like passion to deliver on Victory’s positioning as “The New American Motorcycle”, the award-winning Polaris / Victory Industrial Design Team never pauses in it’s exploration of both form and function. “We constantly study global design trends, as well as today’s motorcycle consumers to better understand, and deliver on, their expectations of the future,” says Greg Brew, Director of Polaris Industrial Design. “Polaris has assembled a best-of-the-best team from around the world, and our mandate for Victory is to drive the future of custom-inspired American motorcycle design.” He added, “The Vision 800 is but one example of the type of exploration our team pursues in order to continue to deliver the type of innovative design that fuels people’s passion for motorcycles.”
Victory Vision™ 800 Concept – Key Features and Specifications
· Automatic Constant Variable Transmission (CVT) without foot controls or clutch which lowers the learning curve of riding a full-size motorcycle.
· Easily accessible tank storage – large enough to accommodate 2 full face helmets.
· Radical new styling and proportion driven by redesigned component package.
· Comfortable cruiser riding position with a low seat height.
· 800cc 4-stroke liquid-cooled parallel twin
· Dual under-seat side exit exhaust
· Automatic CVT
· Maintenance-free exposed shaft final drive with cast aluminum single sided swingarm
Chassis and Suspension:
· Cast aluminum alloy frame
· Bladder fuel tank behind front wheel
· Fully adjustable single rear gas shock
· 43mm inverted telescopic front forks
Tires and brakes
· Front tire 120/60-R17 with 6 spoke cast aluminum rim 3.75″X17″
· Rear tire 250/40-R18 with 6 spoke cast aluminum rim 9″X18″
· Front brake – 300 mm rotors with 2 piston calipers
· Rear brake – 250 mm rotor with 1 piston caliper
· Wheelbase 61″
· Seat height 28.5″
· Ground clearance 5.8″