Click photos to enlarge. They make great desktop wallpaper.
– 2013 Kawasaki KFX90 Review
2013 Kawasaki KFX90
Compact Sport ATV Delivers Big Fun
The KFX®90 ATV is well-suited to young riders aged 12 and over, its fully automatic transmission, full suspension and great looks provide a welcoming platform for riders to hone their skills.
The KFX90 is also equipped with premium features like electric starting, a single-shock rear suspension, independent A-arm front suspension, and a single rear disc, supplemented by dual front drum brakes. Genuine Kawasaki Accessories are available through authorized Kawasaki dealers.
Parents will appreciate the foot coverage offered by full floorboards and parental control features that help them limit this ATV’s maximum speed.
The KFX90’s environmentally friendly four-stroke 89cc engine delivers usable power with strong mid-range torque. Dual front shocks and a single-shock rear suspension make the ride more enjoyable by helping cushion the rider over bumps. And because this sporty ATV’s continuously variable transmission eliminates the need to shift gears, newer riders can pay more attention to developing their riding skills.
Parents will definitely appreciate the KFX90’s keyed ignition switch, which prevents use without the key. Even after parents hand over the key, they can still exercise control over the KFX90’s available performance, via the throttle limiting screw and removable CVT speed limiting collar. These smart features allow the ATV’s maximum speed to be tuned to match a rider’s ability.
The KFX90 is also equipped with premium features like electric starting, a single-shock rear suspension, independent A-arm front suspension, and a single rear disc, supplemented by dual front drum brakes.
Genuine Kawasaki Accessories are available through authorized Kawasaki dealers.
As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages ATV riders to ride responsibly and to respect the environment. Kawasaki will pay first-time buyers of a new Kawasaki ATV $100 for completing an ATV rider safety course conducted by the ATV Safety Institute (ASI). Interested consumers can call ASI toll-free at 800-887-2887.
The KFX90 is the perfect choice for young riders looking to get in on the four-wheeling action. Ideally sized and suited for riders age 12 and over, its fully automatic transmission, full suspension and rugged styling provide a welcoming introduction to Kawasaki ATVs.
Parents will also appreciate the protection offered by full floorboards, keyed ignition and throttle controls that allow limits to engine
– Electric start with kick-start backup.
– Large Maxxis tires get you through the rough terrain.
– Added security of keyed ignition switch which prevents use without the key.
– Rear hydraulic drilled disc brake slow things down in a hurry with a pull on the left handlebar lever.
– Continuously variable automatic transmission.
– Confidence inspiring handling traits.
– Parents can exercise control over available performance via the throttle limiting screw and a CVT transmission speed limiter. These allow the ATV’s maximum speed to be preset to match a rider’s ability.
2013 Kawasaki KFX90 Features and Benefits
• User-friendly power for riders with limited experience
• Convenient push-button electric starting with a kick-start backup
• Keyed ignition switch prevents ATV operation without the proper key
• Throttle-limiting screw and removable transmission collar allow parents to help new riders gain experience at slower speeds
• Continuously variable automatic transmission lets new riders focus on learning, not on a shift or clutch lever
• Brakes are activated by handlebar-mounted levers to simplify operation
89cc air-cooled, SOHC, four-stroke single
• Reliable 89cc air-cooled overhead-cam four-stroke engine
• Produces user-friendly power that’s easily managed by entry-level riders
• Electric push-button starting with kick-start backup
• Electrically operated enrichening circuit automatically opens an extra fuel passage during cranking for easy starting
• Equipped with a USFS-approved spark arrestor
• Continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT)
• Chain drive
• Aggressive sport ATV design similar to larger KFX models
• Wide stance for stable handling
• Steel chassis for durability
• Full floorboards
• A-arm front suspension with dual shocks
• Swingarm rear suspension
• 3.9 in. ground clearance at the rear axle
• Maxxis tires
• 18 x 7-8 front, 18 x 9-8 rear
• Two front drum brakes and a rear disc brake for excellent stopping power
• All three brakes are activated by the handlebar-mounted brake levers to simplify operation
• Keyed ignition switch prevents starting without a key
• Throttle-limiting screw allows parents to limit throttle opening to help new riders gain experience at slower speeds
• Collar in CVT can be removed for increased speed as experience is gained
2013 Kawasaki KFX90 – Unitied States of America Specifications / Technical Details
USA MSRP: $2,749 USD
Engine Air-cooled, four-stroke, single cylinder
Bore x Stroke 47.0 x 51.8mm
Compression ratio 10.0:1
Carburetion Mikuni PTE 16
Ignition Solid state CDI
Transmission Continuously Variable Automatic
Final drive Chain
Frame Type Double cradle, steel
Suspension front / wheel travel Single A-arm with twin shock absorbers / 2.8 in.
Suspension rear / wheel travel Swingarm with single shock absorber / 2.9 in.
Front Tire Size AT18x7-8 tubeless
Rear Tire Size AT18x9-8 tubeless
Front brakes / rear brakes Dual mechanical drums / Hydraulic disc
Overall length 56.1 in.
Overall width 35.6 in.
Wheelbase 38.0 in.
Ground clearance At rear axle – 3.9 in.
Track Front/Rear 26.8 / 26.0 in.
Fuel capacity 1.5 gal.
Curb weight 262 lbs.
Color Choices Lime Green
Good Times™ Protection Plan 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
Warranty 12 Months
2013 Kawasaki KFX90 – Canada Specifications / Technical Details
Canadian MSRP: $2,999 CDN
Type 4-stroke, Single cylinder
Bore and Stroke 47.0 x 51.8 mm
Cooling Forced air
Compression Ratio 10.8:1
Valve System SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder
Fuel System Keihin PTE 16 carburetor
Starting Electric with kick back-up
Lubrication Forced lubrication (wet sump)
Transmission Automatic, CVT with centrifugal clutch
Final Drive Chain, 2WD
Primary Reduction Ratio 0.80 ~ 2.5 (Belt converter)
Gear Ratio 8.5 (49/18 x 50/16)
Final Reduction Ratio 2.0 (32/16)
Type Double cradle, tubular steel
Wheel Travel: Front 71 mm (2.8 in.)
Tires: Front AT 18 x 7-8 Tubeless
Wheel Travel: Rear 74 mm (2.9 in.)
Tires: Rear AT 18 x 9-8 Tubeless
Caster (Rake) 3.8º
Trail 15.2 mm (0.6 in.)
Suspension, Front Single A-arm with twin shocks
Suspension, Rear Uni-Trak Swingarm, single shock
Front: Type Dual mechanical drums
Rear: Type Single hydraulic disc
Parking: Type Mechanical drum
Battery 12 V, 4 Ah
Charging Output 5 A, 14 V @ 5,000 rpm
Brake Light 12 V, 21 W
Overall Length 1,425 mm (56.1 in.)
Overall Width 905 mm (35.6 in.)
Overall Height 925 mm (36.4 in.)
Wheelbase 965 mm (38.0 in.)
Tread (Front/Rear) 680 mm (26.8 in.) / 660 mm (26.0 in.)
Ground Clearance: At Rear Axle 100 mm (3.9 in.)
Seat Height 650 mm (25.6 in.)
Curb Mass** 121 kg (266.8 lbs)
Fuel Capacity 5.5 litres (1.2 gal.)
** Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied)
Minimum Turning Radius 2.7 m (8.7 ft)
Warranty 12 months warranty
ADDITIONAL COST OPTIONS
Good Times Protection Plan 24 or 36 months (Kawasaki GTPP coverage begins after the standard limited warranty expires)
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.