2013 Honda CB500X ABS
Back to 2013 Honda Motorcycle Model Review Page
Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2013 Honda CB500X ABS Review
2013 Honda CB500X ABS
If you could use a little more adventure in your life—and who couldn’t? — the CB500X ABS can deliver on that idea at a surprisingly affordable price. The adventure-style CB500X ABS delivers a fun-to-ride option with an extra dose of versatility. The compact windscreen up front can be adjusted to varying heights, and the larger-capacity fuel tank has been carefully shaped to give the rider an unrestricted riding position.
That’s the beauty of owning an adventure-style bike like the CB500X ABS; every time you look at this bike it just about begs you to take it out in search of new roads, undiscovered places, fun sights to see. And the CB500X ABS is not just a great ride, it’s also equipped with a load of features that give it an extra dose of versatility. The compact windscreen can be adjusted to varying heights, the open riding accommodations are extra roomy and the larger-capacity fuel tank has been carefully shaped to give the rider an unrestricted riding position. The long-stroke 41mm front fork yields a full 4.9 inches of travel and a wide handlebar allows for easy steering inputs. Also, a wide assortment of Honda Genuine Accessories lets riders personalize their bike with ease. But you don’t have to save up your CB500X ABS for that once-in-a-while adventure tour; it also serves as a versatile ride to fulfill those everyday needs.
The CB500X ABS delivers plenty of performance to adventure sport touring riders, with its thoroughly modern, torquey 500cc parallel-twin DOHC engine. Its upright handlebar naturally accommodates a wide variety of riders, and the shape and height of the seat give more rider freedom. The CB500X ABS is an excellent choice for riders ready to move up a displacement class, or for anyone who appreciates a great middleweight motorcycle for practical in-town riding, or fun adventure-sport touring.
2013 Honda CB500X ABS Key Features
– 500cc parallel-twin DOHC engine
– Programmed Fuel Injection
– Long-stroke front fork, 4.9-inches travel
– Adventure-style seating position makes for unrestricted maneuvering and keeps the rider comfortable during adventure trips, commuting or short hops around town.
– All-new 500cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin DOHC engine is thoroughly modern in design and produces a broad power spread for enjoyable and economical riding.
– Four-valve cylinder head design uses lightweight rocker-arm valve actuation with shim-type valve adjustment.
– Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
– Engine counterbalancer and 180-degree crankpin reduce engine vibration for superior rider comfort.
– Preloaded, scissors-type gears for the primary drive and engine counterbalancer gears help reduce engine noise.
– Diamond-shaped 35mm steel tube frame is lightweight and rigid for responsive sport handling.
– Stout 41mm front fork with 4.9 inches of travel returns a plush yet controlled ride.
– Sophisticated Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension offers nine-stage spring preload adjustability and 4.7 inches of controlled travel.
– Lightweight cast aluminum wheels, 120/70-17 in front and 160/60-17 rear, return sporting feel and handling traits.
– Front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provides strong stopping power.
– ABS version for enhanced braking characteristics in less than ideal conditions.
– Amber-tinted instrument display features speedometer, tachometer, odometer/A&B tripmeters, fuel gauge, clock, mpg, average fuel consumption, and current fuel consumption.
– Wide handlebar is designed specifically to fit the adventure-style rider ergonomics.
– Available in Matte Black Metallic on both standard and ABS models.
– Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
– Saddlebag Case, Color-Matched Saddlebag Cover, Saddlebag Case Stay, 35-Liter Top Box, Front Side Pipe, Knuckle Guard, Heated Grips, Heated Grips Attachment, Centerstand, Carbon Fiber-Look Front Fender, Carbon Fiber-Look Radiator Shroud, Carbon Fiber-Look Lower Under Cowl, Carbon Fiber-Look Under Cover, Carbon Fiber-Look Rear Tire Hugger, Tall Windscreen, Wind Deflector, Rear Carrier, One-Key Locking System
† WARRANTY: Because we’re so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories, we’re pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
2013 Honda CB500X ABS Features and Benefits
The windscreen on the CB500X ABS is manually adjustable up to 40mm for optimal wind protection.
An amber-tinted full LCD screen features digital speedometer aned tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters, and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
A single 60-Watt H4 halogen headlight and multi-facet reflector on the CB500X ABS give the front end a unique look and also project plenty of light on the road for visibility.
The CB500X ABS is a lightweight, dynamic motorcycle that offers adventure style with an upright riding position. While not a dual-sport, the new CB500X ABS still has the posture of an adventure machine with a unique fuel tank design that offers ability to freely move the body weight.
Long-Travel Front Suspension
The long stroke 41mm front fork yields a full 5.5 inches of travel, and a wide handlebar allows for easy steering inputs.
Front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provides strong stopping power.
12-spoke Cast Wheels
Strong and stylish, the CB500X ABS’s lightweight cast aluminum wheels, 120/70-17 in front and 160/60-17 rear, are easy to keep clean, look great, enhance handling, and are another CB500X ABS feature that just makes sense.
Programmed Fuel-Injection (PGM-FI)
Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
The CB500X ABS is equipped with a lower cowl to protect the exhaust pipe and engine from flying stones and other debris when riding on rough surfaces. Air intakes are incorporated into the design provide effective cooling.
DOHC Parallel-Twin Cylinder Engine
Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the new CB500X ABS engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
A motorcycle’s frame is the basis for its handling. A new take on a classic construction, the CB500X ABS’s diamond-shaped steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for a superior ride and handling.
The new CB500X ABS’s 32-inch seat height and unrestricted riding position offers freedom of movement for usage in both touring and commuting. You’ll find that it’s perfect for around-town riding, and also offers plenty of room for a passenger.
Pro-Link Rear Suspension
A sophisticated chassis with Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension, with 9-stage preload and 4.7 inches travel gives you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
ABS on the CB500X ABS helps you make smoother, more controlled stops under less than ideal conditions.
2013 Honda CB500X ABS – USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing in USD
Engine Type: 500cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
Bore and Stroke: 67.0mm x 66.8mm
Compression ratio: 10.7:1
Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Induction: PGM-FI with 34mm throttle bodies
Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
Front: 41mm fork; 4.9 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
Front: Twin-piston caliper with single 320mm wave disc
Rear: Single-caliper 240mm wave disc
Wheelbase: 55.9 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 26° 5′
Trail: 109mm (4.29 inches)
Seat Height: 31.9 inches
Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gallons including 0.7-gallon reserve
Estimated Fuel Economy**: TBD
Color: Matte Black Metallic
Curb Weight*: 434 pounds (CB500XA)
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
**Miles per gallon values are calculated estimates of fuel consumed during laboratory exhaust emissions tests specified by the EPA, not during on-road riding. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride and maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, cargo and accessories, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Meets current EPA standards.
Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
Specifications subject to change.
2013 Honda CB500X ABS – Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: TBA CDN
See Honda CB500X
2013 Honda CB500X ABS – UK Specifications/Technical Details
UK RRP: £TBA (Prices are recommended and inclusive of VAT @ 20% and delivery)
2013 Honda CB500X ABS – Australia Specifications/Technical Details
Australia MSRP Price: $TBA AU
See Honda CB500X