2007 Suzuki GS500F
Back to 2007 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
2007 Suzuki GS500F
2007 Suzuki GS500F
– 2007 Suzuki GS500F
When we introduced the totally redesigned Suzuki GS500F, everyone raved about its light weight performance capabilities. For 2007, the GS500F is back, boasting an unrivaled combination of exciting real-world performance and sporty styling – including a full sport fairing inspired by Suzuki’s world-class sport bikes.
Just learning to ride? The GS500F is the ideal bike for you! It has outstanding maneuverability, thanks to its low seat height and light weight. And if you’ve been riding for a while, you’ll really appreciate the GS500F’s all-around sport performance. Its twin-cylinder engine offers strong acceleration and quick, clean throttle response. With its well-padded seat and smooth suspension, it also provides a comfortable ride on the highway.
Now’s the time to get in on the action – on the 2007 Suzuki GS500F.
– Versatile entry-level model styled with a full fairing for increased rider comfort and an aggressive sport look
– Proven four-stroke, twin cylinder, 487cc, air-cooled DOHC engine for dependable and economical operation
– Smooth-shifting 6-speed transmission and cable-operated clutch with gear ratios suitable for in-town or highway use
– Twin 34mm Mikuni carburetors for smooth power delivery, strong acceleration and fuel efficiency
– Reliable CDI ignition and maintenance-free battery
– Air-cooled oil cooler for more consistent engine operating temperature and increased engine durability
– Sport-styled 2-into-1 exhaust system tuned for strong low-to-mid rpm engine performance – California model equipped with catalyst to further reduce emissions
– Full fairing for wind protection and rider comfort, plus GSX-R sport styling including a distinctive vertically-stacked headlight
– Tube-type handlebars, low center of gravity and low 31 inch seat height for increased versatility and rider comfort
– Large 5.3 gallon fuel tank combined with fuel-efficient engine provide long range operation for commuting or pleasure riding
– Telescopic front fork and link-type rear suspension with adjustable preload provide a comfortable ride for commuting or pleasure riding
– Strong braking performance – single disc front brake with large 310mm rotor and four-piston caliper, plus single disc rear brake with two-piston caliper
– Durable 110/70-17 front tire and 130/ 70-17 rear tire mounted on lightweight cast aluminum wheels
From the Press Release:
The Suzuki GS500F is the ultimate entry-level streetbike; it combines the aggressive, sporting GSXR look with a user-friendly personality. The overall result is a good-looking, un-intimidating and low-cost package.
The most distinctive feature of the GS500F is its fully enclosed fairing, which provides an aggressive appearance and sporty character. The fairing features a pair of vertically stacked headlights that bear a striking resemblance to those on the hugely popular GSX-R1000. On either side of the bike, the two sharply styled vents feed fresh air to the engine. Handsome custom cutouts further enhance cooling efficiency, while still showing off the attractive engine cases.
Remarkable looks aside, the fairing also offers the GS500F rider improved wind protection for improved overall effectiveness of the motorcycle. The GS500F is powered by a venerable yet reliable four-stroke, 487cc parallel-twin engine. Fed by dual 34mm Mikuni carburetors, the air-cooled motor is lightweight and compact with an abundance of low-rpm torque for easy riding and versatile performance. An easy-shifting six-speed transmission provides plenty of performance.
Supporting the GS500F is a rigid box-section frame with a single shock suspension. A single hydraulic disc with four-piston caliper provides reliable braking in front, while a dual-piston caliper-and-disc combo is mounted out back.
Engine: 487cc, four-stroke, twin cylinder, air-cooled, DOHC
Bore Stroke: 74.0 x 56.6mm
Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
Fuel System: Mikuni BSR34SS
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Final Drive: #520 chain
Overall Length: 2080mm (81.9 in.)
Overall Width: 800mm (31.5 in.)
Overall Height: 1150mm (45.3 in.)
Seat Height: 790mm (31.1 in.)
Ground Clearance: 120mm (4.7 in.)
Wheelbase: 1405mm (55.3 in.)
Dry Weight: 180kg (396.8 lbs.)
Suspension Front: Telescopic, oil damped
Suspension Rear: Link type, 5-way adjustable preload
Brakes Front: Single hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front: 110/70-17
Tires Rear: 130/70-17
Fuel Tank Capacity: 20.0 liter (5.3 gal.) 19.0 liter (5.0 gal.) CA. Model
Color: Blue/White, Black/Gray
All Specifications and features are subject to change