2008 Suzuki RM125
Back to 2008 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Suzuki RM125
2008 Suzuki RM125
The perfect transition from the 85cc class to the larger four-strokes returns to the Suzuki lineup in 2008. Value for performance has always been the hallmark of the 125cc class. Maintenance is also simplified and straightforward on any two-stroke, especially the 125 two-stroke.
For 2008, Suzuki offers the RM125 with a gripper seat that is standard and race ready. The graphic scheme is also redesigned to be simpler and longer lasting. Powering the RM125 is a liquidcooled 124cc, reed-valve induction, two-stroke. The bore and stroke of the cylinder is 54.0mm x 54.5mm and has Suzuki’s Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) on the cylinder walls. This helps transfer heat to the coolant quickly and efficiently, while adding durability and lightweight to the
Key Features: RM250
– The final production of the Championship Winning two-stroke RM250.
Engine Features: RM250
– 249cc, 2-stroke, liquid-cooled engine with a bore and stroke of 66.4mm x 72.0mm provides crisp, responsive power.
– Aluminum cylinder core features Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) for better heat dissipation, improving durability and weight savings.
– Electric CDI is efficient and increases power output at lower rpm ranges.
Chassis Features: RM250
– Strong and lightweight frame and easy-to-remove aluminum rear subframe improve rigidity and performance on the racetrack.
– SHOWA inverted 47mm front forks provide 310mm (12.3 inches) of front wheel travel. With fully adjustable for compression damping, rebound damping and spring preload to suit variety of riders.
– Piggyback-reservoir rear shock absorber is fully adjustable for high, low, rebound damping and spring preload SHOWA unit that offers 310mm (12.2 inches) of wheel travel.
– Renthal aluminum tapered handlebars with Renthal handlebar pad reduce vibration reaching to the rider.
– Each side of the seat has textured surface for better knee gripping.
– Full-floating front disc brake works with dual-piston caliper and rear disc brake with single-piston caliper.
Engine 249cc, two-stroke, single cylinder, liquid cooled, AETC, piston reed
Bore Stroke 66.4 x 72.0 mm
Compression Ratio 8.6:1/10.4:1
Fuel System Keihin™ PWK38S
Ignition Digital CDI
Final Drive #520 Chain
Overall Length 2170 mm (85.4 in.)
Overall Width 830 mm (33.1 in.)
Overall Height 1280 mm (50.4 in.)
Seat Height 950 mm (37.4 in)
Ground Clearance 350 mm (13.8 in)
Wheelbase 1465 mm (57.7 in)
Dry Weight 96 kg (212 lbs)
Front Suspension Telescopic, 22 compression & 20 rebound settings, 12.2 inches (310mm) of wheel travel
Rear Suspension Link-type, spring preload fully-adjustable, 4 high-speed, 16 low-speed compression settings, 19 rebound settings 12.2 inches (310mm) of wheel travel
Front Brakes Single hydraulic disc
Rear Brake Single hydraulic disc
Front Tire 80/100-21 51M
Rear Tire 110/90-19 62M
Fuel Tank Capacity 8.0 L (1.8 imp gal.)