2009 Honda Varadero
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda Varadero
2009 Honda Varadero
You’re not ordinary. And neither is this bike. It’s not made for milk runs, unless you plan on getting goat’s milk in the Pyrenees. If you want something that can take you on the adventure of a lifetime, then say hello to the Honda Varadero. It’s traversed the globe, proven its daily worth in Europe, and now it’s ready to tackle the Canadian landscape. Wherever you want to go, wherever the road leads, the Varadero is up for the challenge. It’s the most important tool in an arsenal of adventure riding gear, so if you’re serious about adventure, then this is the bike for you.
– From the Alps of Germany to the dunes of Africa and beyond, the Varadero has carved out a reputation as a bike that’s fully equipped to take you on the adventure of your dreams.
– 996 cc fuel-injected V-twin engine produces strong torque for tough conditions and effortless top-end horsepower for highway cruising, while also meeting strict Euro-3 emissions regulations.
– When the weather turns from desert-like heat to mountain-top misty cool, you’ll love the Varadero’s wide-coverage fairing and its excellent rider protection and ergonomics.
– Combined Braking System with Anti-lock Braking System means strong and safe stopping power on everything from dirt cart paths to wet mountain roads.
– Large 25-litre fuel tank and range-countdown fuel gauge help you cover long distances with confidence.
– Optional durable, weatherproof saddlebags and other accessories allow you to pack up and head off at a moment’s notice.
2009 Honda Varadero – USA Specifications
MSRP: $0 USD
Model not available in the USA
2009 Honda Varadero – Canada Specifications
MSRP: $13,999 CDN
Engine Type Liquid-cooled 90-degree V-twin
Displacement 996 cc
Bore & Stroke 98 mm x 66 mm
Compression Ratio 9.8:1
Valve Train Chain-driven DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
Fuel Delivery PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
Final Drive O-ring-sealed chain; 16T/47T
Front Suspension 43 mm telescopic fork; 155 mm (6.1 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Pro-Link single shock with spring preload and rebound-damping adjustability; 145 mm (5.7 inches) travel
Tires 110/80R–19 radial front; 150/70R–17 radial rear
Brakes Front dual 296 mm discs with triple-piston calipers and Combined Braking System with ABS; rear 256 mm disc with triple-piston caliper and Combined Braking System with ABS
Seat Height 838 mm (33 inches)
Wheelbase 1,560 mm (61.4 inches)
Curb Weight 276.7 kg (610 pounds) including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 25 litres
Colour Barley Yellow Metallic