Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2010 Suzuki GSX-R1000 25th Anniversary Edition
2010 Suzuki GSX-R1000 25th Anniversary Edition
Looking Back, Looking Ahead
A special limited edition commemorating the 25th anniversary of the GSX-R series, adorned with a distinctive body and frame color design, special graphics on its fairing, mufflers, wheel rims and ignition key, and a serial number plate. Join us in the quarter century celebration of the GSX-R series. The legend continues.
GSX-R1000 “25th Anniversary Edition” Special Features
– Special color : Metallic Mat Titanium Silver / Pearl Mirage white (JCU).
– Special logo color.
– Laser-processed pinstripe “25th Anniversary Edition” on rims of front and rear wheels.
– Special graphic “25th Anniversary Edition” on both right and left side mufflers.
– Serial number plate on the yoke (Limited production : 1,000 units).
– Ignition key with special GSX-R logo color.
– 999cm3 4-cylinder powerplant, designed lighter and 59.7mm shorter from front to rear, brings enhanced throttle response across the entire rpm range and high potential for racetrack performance.
– The new compact engine enabled 10mm shorter wheelbase and 32mm longer swingarm to improve racetrack performance.
– New, more over-square bore x stroke of 74.5mm x 57.3mm (changed from 73.4mm x 59.0mm) gives the engine better overall tuning potential. The compression ratio is now 12.8:1, changed from 12.5:1.
– The engine employs enlarged titanium valves in diameter, forged pistons, shot-peened conrods and Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the crankcase, reducing friction and improving heat transfer, durability and ring seal.
– 12-hole fuel injectors produce a finer fuel mist for more complete combustion, reducing fuel consumption and exhaust emissions.
– Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers push-button selection of three performance settings to suit riding conditions and personal tastes. Now the switch is relocated on the left handlebar control module.
– Iridium spark plugs produce a stronger spark for better combustion.
– Large, efficient radiator with a trapezoidal shape developed on factory team racebikes and a trapezoidal engine oil cooler both help reduce drag.
– Cable-operated back-torque-limiting clutch makes for efficient clutch operation with superb feel.
– Unique Suzuki Advanced Exhaust System (SAES) uses an under-engine chamber and low-slung, large-volume MotoGP-inspired titanium mufflers.
– Twin-spar cradle frame made of five cast sections, mated with an arched swingarm made of three castings and one-piece die-cast rear subframe.
– Big Piston Frontforks (BPF) with an endurance-race-proven design deliver superb feedback and responsive, stable operation, and are lightweight.
– Rear shock absorber features adjustable rebound damping, spring preload, and both high-speed and low-speed compression damping.
– Front brakes with fully floating 310mm discs and rigid, lightweight race-proven monoblock aluminum casting alloy radial-mount calipers.
– The edgy and clean GSX-R1000 styling incorporates fairing and bodywork details aimed at reducing turbulence and drag.
– Attention to rider comfort includes a carefully shaped seat and adjustable footpegs. Tailsection cover included for solo rides or track days.
– Sculpted fuel tank is lighter, while capacity remains 17.5 liters (4.6 US gal).
– New look multi-reflector headlight with vertically stacked high and low-beam halogen bulbs centered between position lights on each side.
– For Europe, the position lights each have layered lenses with blue coloring on the inside lens for an even sportier look.
– Front and rear turn signals feature clear lenses over amber bulbs.
– Instruments include a silver-ringed analog tachometer with LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meters, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure warning indicator, gear position indicator, lap timer/stopwatch, S-DMS setting indicator and bar-graph indicating the instrument lighting level, or brightness.
2010 Suzuki GSX-R1000 25th Anniversary Edition – Specifications
MSRP: $TBA USD
Engine Type 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
Bore x Stroke 74.5 mm x 57.3 mm
Engine Displacement 999 cm3 (cc)
Compression Ratio 12.8 : 1
Carburetion Fuel injection
Oil Capacity (overhaul) 3.6L (3.8 US qt.)
Ignition Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Starter System Electric
Lubrication System Wet sump
Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
Primary Drive Ratio 1.617 (76 / 47)
Final Drive Ratio 2.470 (42 / 17)
Frame Type Twin-spar (aluminum alloy)
Rake/Trail 23.8 degrees / 98 mm (3.86 in.)
Suspension Front Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped, spring preload fully adjustable, rebound and compression damping force fully adjustable
Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped, spring preload fully adjustable, rebound and compression damping force 2-way fully adjustable
Wheels Front 17 M/C x MT3.50, cast aluminum-alloy
Rear 17 M/C x MT6.00, cast aluminum-alloy
Brakes Front Radial mount, 4-piston calipers 310 mm disc, twin
Rear 1-piston caliper, 220 mm disc
Tires Front 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
Rear 190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
17.5L (4.6 US gal.)
2,045mm (80.5 in.)
Overall Width 720mm(28.3in)
1,130mm (44.5 in.)
1,405mm (55.3 in.)
Ground Clearance 130mm (5.1 in.)
Seat Height 810mm (31.9 in.)
Color: Metallic Mat Titanium Silver / Pearl Mirage White (JCU)