Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2015 Yamaha Stryker Review
2015 Yamaha Stryker on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
The looks and style you crave along with performance and refinement you only get from a Star Motorcycle…
With its raked out front end and fists in the wind riding position, the Styker is pure attitude. And with an 80 cubic inch V-Twin, and a beautiful final belt drive, it churns out plenty of low end torque that gets to the ground in a very satisfying way.
The 2015 Stryker, a machine designed to be ridden… and admired. Chopper inspired styling, attention to detail and mechanical function blend together in a stunning mid class “chopper”. One ride and you will know we got it right. The style, the performance and that special attitude is intoxicating.
2015 Yamaha Stryker www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
1304cc (80 cubic inch), liquid-cooled, short stroke, SOHC, 4-valve per cylinder, fuel injected, 60° V-twin powerplant pumps out impressive power and torque for excellent cruising performance.
Uneven firing interval, bore & stroke dimensions and special ignition & injection mapping all contribute to excellent torque output and that classic V-twin pulse feeling.
Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
•The look reinterprets classic custom “chopper” styling for an aggressive feel. High-end looks without the high-end price tag.
•Gutsy 1304cc, fuel-injected liquid-cooled V-Twin engine churns out the inspired, big-engine feel riders will love.
•Even with its radically raked out front end, Stryker has the superbly nimble and lightweight handling that choppers and mid-class competitors can only dream about.
•Low seat height (26.4 inches) allows riders to put both feet on the ground and helps provide this bike’s natural, relaxed and comfortable riding position.
•The wide 210-series rear tire and chopper-inspired 21-inch front wheel reinforce the muscular styling of the bike.
•No cheap plastic fenders here—this authentic cruiser has real steel fenders customizers love. Classic belt drive, too.
•Get started on your own customization with two trim packages in high-quality chrome, or an aggressive looking, blacked out package.
•The Star® Accessories Catalog is packed full of high-quality parts that invite Star owners to fully express their individuality.
2015 Yamaha Stryker www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• 1304cc (80 cubic inch), liquid-cooled, short stroke, SOHC, 4-valve per cylinder, fuel injected, 60° V-twin powerplant pumps out impressive power and torque.
• Uneven firing interval, bore & stroke dimensions and special ignition & injection mapping all contribute to excellent torque output and that classic V-twin pulse feeling
• Liquid-cooling not only allows for higher state of tune because it maintains more stable operating temperatures, but also reduces mechanical noise for a quieter engine.
• In an effort to maintain the classic air-cooled appearance of the engine, cooling fins have been added as a styling highlight.
• The short stroke engine design reduces the “height” of the engine, while the 60 degree “V” makes the engine more compact thereby centralizing mass and lowering the centre of gravity for lighter, more responsive handling.
• One-piece cylinder heads feature 4-valves per cylinder to provide optimum breathing efficiency for maximum power output.
• Stylish chromed cylinder head covers.
• The SOHC valve train features 36mm intake and 32mm exhaust valves with special single springs for great power and torque.
• Specially designed roller rockers activate the valves. The roller rocker system allows a greater amount of valve lift without causing excessive camshaft wear and friction. The slipper portion of the rocker arm features a needle bearing which reduces wear and slide resistance (friction).
• Pent roof combustion chamber design and optimized squish area forces the fuel / air mixture toward the centre of the combustion chamber for more complete combustion and hence improved power and cleaner emissions.
• The radiator is mounted between the front frame downtubes to minimize its appearance especially when viewing the machine from the side. Even the rad hoses have been discreetly placed for a cleaner appearance. An electric fan aids in cooling during hot weather or in stop and go traffic.
• Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce mechanical noise and simplify maintenance too.
• Ceramic composite-plated cylinders provide uniform heat dissipation while also reducing friction and weight. The cylinders have a tapered “V” appearance to highlight the V-twin design.
• High performance forged aluminum pistons offer great durability and reduced weight for faster engine response and less mechanical vibration.
• Crankshaft features a single crank pin design. This specially designed crank and uneven firing order helps to enhance the pulse feeling and that unique V-twin engine character and sound.
• Dual engine counter balancers reduce vibration to a minimum while maximizing rider comfort.
• Crankcase design features internal oil and coolant lines for a clean, air-cooled engine appearance. There are special piston coolers that spray oil at the under side of the pistons for excellent durability.
• Easy access, spin on type oil filter.
• Classic side mounted air box houses an easy access, a high-flow viscous paper-type filter.
• Mikuni dual bore, 40mm throttle body fuel injection system with TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and ISC (Idle Speed Control). This is a “closed loop” system that utilizes an oxygen sensor in the exhaust. The sensor “sniffs” the spent exhaust gases and feeds back info to the ECU which in turn adjusts the fuel/air mixture for maximum power with minimum emissions. The oxygen sensor is located before the mufflers, so the use of slip-on mufflers will not affect this system. Each injector features 12 holes and a dual spray pattern for better fuel atomization and more complete combustion chamber filling. There is one injector per cylinder. Fuel injection benefits include improved fuel economy, choke-less operation, reduced emissions, and great throttle response.
• High pressure fuel pump is located in a separate sub tank below the seat.
• Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) provides a hot spark for sure starts and strong engine performance.
• Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with 5th gear overdrive delivers outstanding cruising performance and reduced rpms at highway speeds for comfortable cruising.
• 2 into 1 into 2 exhaust system features dual slash cut mufflers which provide a specially developed exhaust note that accentuates the V-Twin rumble. The engineers call it the “sound of acceleration”.
• A 3-way honeycomb catalyzer is located at the entry point to the mufflers. The catalyzer reduces harmful exhaust emissions.
• Clean, quiet belt drive system is extremely low maintenance and simplifies customization. The belt features carbon cords for extra strength.
• Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful exhaust emissions (CO + HC).
• Double cradle steel frame with “open neck space” provides an aggressive chopper image. This frame utilizes a rigid engine mounting system to optimize the overall rigidity balance of the chassis for superior handling. The rake is 34 degrees with a yoke offset of 6 degrees. The frame not only provides excellent handling and roomy ergonomics but also compliments the beautiful flowing lines of the entire machine.
Important Note: Raked out front fork with lots of trail generally provides good straight line stability but often results in heavy steering at low speeds. The engineers at Yamaha will not sacrifice handling for styling, so they have developed a 6 degree yoke offset angle combined with a 34 degree steering head for a total fork angle of 40 degrees. The “Stryker” provides light handling and easy steering not normally associated with a custom styled bike. This bike was designed to be ridden !
• Steel swingarm compliments the frame and the overall chassis rigidity balance
• Long 1,750mm (68.9″) wheelbase creates a long, low profile and solid, stable handling. This chassis offers a 45% & 55% front to rear weight distribution and is approximately 60mm longer than the standard V-Star 1300.
• The long low design means spacious ergonomics with lots of leg room, which maximizes rider and passenger comfort.
• Raked out 41mm front fork offers excellent ride comfort and compliance. Chip protectors help to prevent stone chips in the tubes. Front wheel travel is 135mm (5.3″).
• Monocross style, spring preload-adjustable, single-shock, link rear suspension centralizes mass for agile handling. The linkage system provides a rising rate effect that provides excellent compliance on both small and large bumps. There are 9 positions of spring preload adjustability to suit rider preference.
• Rear shock is vertically mounted behind the engine and is tucked out of sight for that classic, clean, hard tail look. Rear wheel travel is 100mm (3.9″).
• Single, large 320mm, floating front disc is squeezed by a compact twin piston front caliper.
• 310mm rear disc brake is squeezed by single piston caliper mounted to the underside of the swingarm. This design not only helps to hide the caliper but also lowers the centre of gravity for excellent handling.
• Lightweight 5-spoke cast aluminum wheels are fitted with tubeless tires. These stylish wheels are both easy to clean and maintenance-free. The front wheel is a MT3.50 x 21 inch while the rear is a wide MT7.50×18. The narrow front tire (120/70 x 21) and wide rear tire (210/40R18) enhance the chopper styling image.
• 1 inch diameter handlebars are mounted directly to the upper handlebar crown without the use of traditional handlebar holders. This design accentuates the chopper profile while also providing an aggressive riding position.
• Deep-bend steel front and rear fenders enhance the chopper styling. Steel allows for easy customization and painting if desired.
• 15 litre teardrop shaped fuel tank with chromed filler cap. The long, slim tank design accentuates the bike’s muscular styling lines.
• One piece rider and passenger seat offers a low 670mm (26.4″) seat height and great styling too. Seating position is best described as sitting “in” not “on” providing a very special “riding attitude”.
• Chromed handlebar-mounted instrument features an analog speedometer, digital odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel gauge, fuel reserve tripmeter (counts kilometres since the low fuel light was activated), clock, and a range of warning lights and self diagnostic functions.
• Instrument functions can be “tabbed” through and reset using the RHS handlebar switch gear, allowing the operator to change instrument meter functions without taking hands off the bars.
• Compact 60/55 watt high intensity halogen headlight emphasizes the “chopper” image.
• Eye catching LED taillight is not only very visible but also uses less electrical power than a conventional bulb style taillight.
• Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
• Extra wide front brake and clutch levers provide a quality feel.
• Steering lock is integrated into the main ignition switch for extra convenience.
• Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting.
• Self-cancelling turn signals with stylish clear lenses.
• 25,000 km valve adjustment intervals
2015 Yamaha Stryker – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $11,690 – Candy Red – Available from October 2014
$11,690 – Matte Silver – Available from October 2014
Engine Type 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled V-twin; SOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
Bore x Stroke 100.0 x 83.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Fuel injection
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Belt
Frame Steel double cradle
Suspension / Front Telescopic fork; 5.3-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; 3.9-in travel
Brakes / Front Hydraulic disc, 320mm
Brakes / Rear Hydraulic disc, 310mm
Tires / Front 120/70-21M/C 62H
Tires / Rear 210/40R18M/C 73H
Wheels 5-spoke cast aluminum
L x W x H 99.6 x 33.9 x 44.5 in
Seat Height 26.4 in
Wheelbase 68.9 in
Fuel Capacity 4.0 gal
Fuel Economy** 40.9 mpg
Wet Weight*** 646 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2015 Yamaha Stryker – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $12,599 CDN
Liquid-cooled, SOHC, 8-valves (4-valves/cyl), 60 degree V-twin
1,304 cc (80 cubic inch)
BORE AND STROKE
100 x 83mm
10.9 kg-m (78.8 ft-lbs.) @ 3,500 rpm
Mikuni 40 mm dual bore throttle body F.I.
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION±
17kpl / 48mpg (Imp)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
Adjustable link Monocross
320mm disc / twin piston
310mm disc / single piston
/// CRITICAL DATA
15 litres (3.3 Imp. gal.)
293kg (646 lbs)
Deep Metallic Red
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).