2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250SA (ABS)
Back to 2007 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250SA (ABS)
The Suzuki Bandit became a favorite of a ride range of riders worldwide by delivering and unmatched package of performance, style and value.
Not the Bandit is even better
Introducing the 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S. With an all-new liquid cooled engine and advanced digital fuel injection. Combining heavyweight power with distinctive styling and the quality of an all-new, technologically-advanced liquid-cooled engine and an advanced digital fuel injection system.
The new Bandit 1250’s balance of power, style and technology is a combination developed by a team of dedicated Suzuki engineers, working together to produce a street machine of unmatched quality.
It is a demonstration of Refined Total Balance, with Complete Quality, or in other words, the new Bandit 1250.
You’ll call it a motorcycle like no other.
– All new, liquid-cooled, fuel injected, DOHC engine featuring a bore and stroke of 79.0mm x 64.0mm for a full 1254.8cc’s of torque producing performance
– New Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve fuel injection system featuring 36mm throttle bodies for optimum performance and smooth accelerations
– All new engine compact engine design with a central cam chain, staggered transmission shafts, tighter spacing between the pairs of cylinders and a secondary balancer shaft for reduced vibration
– A new catalyzer equipped high volume muffler combined with an effective engine management system, Suzuki PAIR system, and oxygen sensor for reduced emissions meeting tough Euro 3 standards
– Suzuki Idle Speed Control (ISC) system for improved cold starting, consistent idle control and reduced emissions
– A new slick shifting six speed transmission improves acceleration while reducing top gear rpm at highway speeds
– New hydraulic clutch with coil springs for improved lever feel and control
– New liquid cooled oil cooler for reduced oil temperatures
– All new cylinder head featuring 31mm exhaust valves and 27mm intake valves set at a narrow 16 degree valve angle with updated intake and exhaust ports for maximum flow
– New Anti-Lock Braking (ABS) monitors wheel speed and matches braking power to available traction.
– New tube frame chassis featuring larger diameter down tubes for improved torsional rigidity designed for excellent balance of sporty handling and comfortable highway cruising
– Innovative seat height adjustment system can be adjusted up or down by 20mm with a simple spacer seat mounting system.
– 43mm front forks combined with a single rear shock with preload adjustability for riding with or without passengers
– Full floating 310mm dual front disc brakes with four piston calipers along with a 240mm rear disc and single piston caliper. Anti-Lock Braking (ABS) is also available and monitors wheel speed and matches braking power to available traction.
– Cast three spoke aluminum wheels carrying radial tires and a standard easy-to-use centerstand
– The Bandit 1250S features a sleek half fairing, with built in line-beam headlights, an effective windscreen and fairing mounted mirrors
– Wide, comfortable seat with low seat height
– Large capacity fuel tank for long operating range
– Easy-to-operate centerstand with high leverage ratio to reduce effort
From the Press Release
The Suzuki Bandit has become a hugely popular machine worldwide by delivering the perfect balance of performance, style and value for many years, now it’s even better. Introducing the new 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S. Boasting a combination of an all-new liquid cooled engine, a sporting chassis and distinctive styling, the new Bandit 1250S provides the perfect balance of qualities that today’s motorcycle rider is looking for.
The new Bandit 1250S’s balance of power, style, and technology is a combination developed by a team of highly dedicated Suzuki engineers, working to produce a street machine of unmatched quality and style.
Torque is what really counts when riding on the street and the Bandit 1250S will not disappoint. Featuring an all-new, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, DOHC engine, the ’07 Bandit 1250 utilizes a bore and stroke of 79.0mm x 64.0mm displacing a full 1254.8cc’s and Suzuki’s legendary Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve fuel injection for optimum throttle response, smooth power delivery, improved mileage and reduced emissions.
The engine is built specifically for the Bandit with a symmetrical layout, centralized cam chain, and four valves per cylinder. Intake and exhaust valves are set at a narrow valve angle in a compact high-compression combustion chamber with updated intake and exhaust ports. The new powerplant is also significantly more compact with vertically staggered transmission shafts for a shorter engine front to rear and tighter spacing between the two pairs of cylinders makes the cylinder head and throttle bodies significantly narrower.
The hydraulic clutch utilizes coil springs for improved lever feel and a new six-speed transmission improves acceleration, reduces top gear rpm and a secondary balancer shaft further quells engine vibrations. A new large exhaust catalyzer is built into the high-volume muffler and when combined with the Suzuki Pulsed AIR system and the oxygen feed back closed loop engine management system make this the cleanest running Bandit ever built meeting tough Euro3 and Tier 2 emission standards.
The Bandit 1250S’s classic tube frame chassis is built using larger diameter downtubes, improving torsional rigidity with rake and trail measurements remaining at 25.3 degrees of rake and 104mm of trail.
Front forks are 43mm units and like the single rear shock is preload adjustable to accommodate riding with a passenger. Seat height is adjustable up or down by 20mm by flipping over and re-installing clever mounting spacers between the seat and frame rails.
Braking duties are handled by dual full floating 310mm front disc brakes with four piston calipers, along with a 240mm rear disc and single piston caliper.
Additionally the Bandit 1250S is also available with a digital ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) that monitors wheel speed and matches braking power to available traction.
A sleek half fairing with a built-in line beam headlight and effective windscreen and fairing mounted mirrors clothe the Bandit 1250S and in combination with the color coordinated frames, powerful exposed engine, and three spoke cast aluminum wheels create a stunning new look for the Bandit 1250.
The all-new Bandit 1250S; more torque, more performance, more style and most importantly more fun! Ride the new Bandit 1250S and experience what we call Total Balance.
Engine: 1254.8cc, four-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC 16 valve, liquid cooled
Bore Stroke: 79.0 x 64.0 mm
Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet sump
Final Drive: #530 chain
Overall Length: 2,130 mm (83.9 in)
Overall Width: 790 mm (31.1 in)
Overall Height: 1,225 mm (48.2 in)
Seat Height: 790mm/810 mm (31.1/31.9 in) 2 way adjustable
Ground Clearance: 130 mm (5.1 in.)
Wheelbase: 1480 mm (58.3 in.)
Dry Weight: 229 kg (505 lbs)
Suspension Front: Telescopic, oil damped, preload adjustable
Suspension Rear: Link-type suspension, 7-way adjustable preload, 4-way adjustable rebound
Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front: 120/70 ZR17
Tires Rear: 180/55 ZR17
Fuel Tank Capacity: 19 liter (5.0 gal)
Color: Black, Red
All Specifications and features are subject to change