2007 Yamaha YZ125
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha YZ125
2007 Yamaha YZ125
Keep it on the pipe and claim your reward. At 196 pounds, it’s the consummate combination of power and lightness no other 125 can match.
Winning just got easier …
While some manufacturers are putting all their eggs in one basket, the engineers at Yamaha believe that choice is good. So whether your weapon of choice is a berm blasting two stroke or arm stretching four stroke, we have your needs covered.
– Liquid-cooled, 124cc, crankcase reed valve-inducted 2-stroke engine provides class leading power and acceleration. This compact engine provides class leading power and is easy to service.
– 7.5-degree cylinder angle and specially designed intake manifold provide a straighter intake and exhaust flow path through the combustion chamber for maximum power.
– The cylinder features a ceramic composite plating on the cylinder bore to insure uniform heat dissipation, reduced friction and increased service life.
– Specially designed combustion chamber achieves a more complete burn at higher rpms for exceptional power.
– The flat top piston matches the combustion chamber design for maximum power delivery.
– In order to reduce frictional losses, the lightweight crank uses special friction reducing crankshaft seals that reduce reciprocating losses for improved power.
– Crankcases are both compact and lightweight.
– Quick-access, magnesium outer clutch cover is light weight and speeds clutch access and servicing.
– Close-ratio, 6-speed transmission uses optimized gear ratios to maximize power for outstanding acceleration and corner-exiting power.
– Yamaha’s patented YPVS system features a slide (guillotine) type power valve that provides the benefits of both solid, low-rpm power delivery combined with a strong top-end punch. This system varies the exhaust port height and timing based on engine rpm. The valve is also designed to match the curvature of the cylinder, resulting in a strong seal, thereby providing increased power delivery.
– Mikuni TMXx38mm carburetor features a “D” slide design. The TMXx carb uses a “D” shaped slide design to enhance overall power, while providing crisp throttle response at all rpms.
– 6-petal, carbon fiber reed design means stronger high-rpm performance with greater over-rev capacity.
– Digital CD ignition system delivers a precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing at all rpms for fast, strong response.
– Platinum NGK BR9EVX high performance spark plug is used to insure complete combustion and maximum power output. The electrode material is a specially designed platinum alloy.
– Washable, dual-stage, foam air filter reduces maintenance costs.
– Large-capacity, dual radiators feature a 10-row core with 4 louvers to deliver maximum cooling efficiency.
– High capacity water pump design uses a plastic impeller to reduce weight.
– Revised exhaust system features an internal change to the lightweight aluminum silencer for more power in the mid range. The re-buildable silencer (muffler) design allows you to maintain the correct amount of back pressure for maximum engine performance while reducing noise.
– Works-style clutch lever features a race-spec “barrel adjuster” for on-the-fly adjustability.
– Lightweight, aluminum, semi-double-cradle style frame combined with the compact engine design, offer an awesome power to weight ratio. The obvious benefit of an aluminum frame is a significant reduction in overall machine weight. Yamaha has maintained the semi-double cradle design because it offers an excellent balance between stiff lateral and torsion rigidity while offering more controlled flex in the longitudinal plane. This frame design offers the ideal “stiffness balance” which means it offers the flexibility of a steel frame with the light weight of an aluminum frame. This frame is made from a unique mix of castings, forgings and extrusions that provide stiffness where it is required and flexibility in other areas. The result is the world’s lightest aluminum MX frame, which provides excellent handling, good ride quality, excellent stability and responsive cornering performance.
– Removable rear subframe is constructed of square-section, lightweight aluminum. Detachable design allows easy access when servicing rear suspension components.
– New, lightweight, tapered, aluminum swingarm is produced using “hydro forming”, a special forming method that uses high pressure water to form shapes.
– Cast aluminum upper triple clamp and forged lower triple clamp provide both lightweight and strength for fast, easy handling.
– The fork pitch (or separating width between the tubes) has been optimized for lightweight, responsive handling.
– Adjustable handlebar mounts allow the handlebars to be moved 10mm rearward if desired.
– Speed sensitive 48mm, adjustable, inverted, Kayaba cartridge forks feature a twin-chamber design. The twin chamber design means the damper unit is in a separate structure which prevents aerated fork oil from entering the inner damper assembly and degrading its damping abilities. Since the inner damper is pressurized, it also eliminates bubbles forming in the oil. The speeds sensitive design mean the damping force is controlled by piston speed.
– The balance between the inner and outer fork tubes has been optimized, while the Kashima coating on the pressure tank and the piston rod reduce friction for smoother suspension performance. The cylinder diameter is 24mm for improved primary cushioning while a low friction oil seal provides reduced stiction.
– Revised 48mm KYB fork features a redesigned outer fork tube with optimized thickness and rigidity for superb handling. This fork also features a Transfer Control Valve (TCV). The TCV enhances the damping force of the inner damper from mid stroke to full stroke and improves bottoming characteristics. The benefit of TCV is more precise control throughout the full stroke range.
– “Kashima coating” is applied to the fork tubes to reduce friction for smoother suspension performance. Front wheel travel is 300mm (11.8″).
– Front fork adjustments include: 20-way compression damping and 20-way rebound damping. Optional fork springs are available through Genuine Yamaha parts.
– Large, semi-wrap-around plastic fork protectors provide excellent protection from stone / rock chips. The “self-supporting” design helps to reduce friction for smoother fork operation.
– Revised Monocross link rear suspension system features a fully adjustable, Kayaba, piggyback shock which provides 315mm (12.4″) of wheel travel and features separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping. There are numerous internal material changes inside the shock body. Aluminum has replaced steel components in the sub tank and shock body for reduced weight. Adjustments include: spring preload, 20-way rebound damping, 20-way low-speed compression damping and 2 turns of high speed compression damping. The damper rod diameter is 18mm in diameter, while Kashima coating is used in the shock body and sub tank to reduce friction and improve suspension performance during a long moto. The 2007 Kayaba shock utilizes a full rebound oil lock system for excellent suspension function and great ride quality.
– Super lightweight, “Beta” titanium shock spring. This spring reduces weight by over 500 grams versus a conventional steel spring. A reduction in “unsprung” weight , causes a dramatic effect on suspension performance. This titanium spring provides outstanding strength, and durability, combined with reduced weight.
– 250mm floating front disc brake utilizes a twin piston caliper with aluminum pistons for excellent brake feel and control. The front brake lever shape has been revised for better feeling.
– 245mm rear disc brake with single piston caliper uses an integrated master cylinder (fluid reservoir is integrated into the top of the master cylinder) for strong stopping power with excellent feel and control.
– The rear brake caliper features a rugged plastic caliper protector, while the lower edge of the disc is protected by a lower disc guard.
– Specially designed “Sun Star” rear sprocket increases the contact area between the sprocket and chain rollers, thereby reducing the load on the chain and increasing the service life of both chain and sprocket.
– Lightweight, 21″ front and 19″ rear rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance and handling.
– Specially designed rear wheel collar is tapered to allow for faster, easier wheel removal installation.
– All new lightweight Pro Taper handlebars with reinforcing crossbar and foam pad provide excellent durability and reduced weight.
– Premium Dunlop knobby tires offer excellent race-spec traction.
Engine 2-stroke, liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve, single
Bore and Stroke 54.0 x 54.5mm
Compression Ratio 8.6~10.7:1
Maximum Torque 2.51kg-m (18.2ft-lb @ 10,000 rpm)
Fuel Delivery Mikuni TMXx 38
Transmission Constant mesh, 6-speed
Final Drive Chain
Suspension (Front) Adjustable 48mm inverted fork
Suspension (Rear) Fully adjustable link Monocross
Brakes (Front) 250mm floating disc
Brakes (Rear) 245mm disc
Tires (Front) 80/100-21
Tires (Rear) 100/90-19
Length 2,139mm (84.2″)
Width 827mm (32.6”)
Height 1,318mm (51.9”)
Wheelbase 1,443mm (56.8”)
Ground Clearance 389mm (15.3″)
Seat Height 994mm (39.1”)
Dry Weight 86 kg (189.2 lb)
Fuel Capacity 8 litres (1.8 imp. gal)
Colour(s) Yamaha Blue
USA: $5,499 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from July 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.