46 Years of Models
+ 2016 Motorcycles
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Model Guide
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Bike Buyer's Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
All content on
Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by
Honda VT750C Shadow ACE Deluxe
Back to 2001 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
2001 Honda VT750C Shadow ACE Deluxe (Euro Model)
The Shadow A.C.E. 750 Deluxe offers big-bike style, big-bike comfort
and big-bike performance in a lighter, affordable custom package.
Exclusive Shadow ACE 750 Deluxe Features
· Chrome front fork covers.
· Chrome sidestand.
· Buffed aluminum front brake master cylinder.
· Chrome brake and clutch lever brackets.
· Chrome rear brake pedal.
· Chrome shift lever.
· Chrome footpeg brackets.
· Chrome chain guard.
· Chrome swingarm pivot cap.
· Chrome left and right engine sidecovers.
· Chrome cylinder head cover.
· Black treatment of engine center cases and cylinders with polished treatment on cylinder fins.
· 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm-range.
· Long-stroke design combines with high-mass ACG and crankshaft to give strong V-twin feel and low-rpm torque peak.
· Dual 36mm Constant Velocity (CV) carburetors offer crisp throttle response.
· Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for excellent combustion efficiency and high power output.
· Finned cylinders enhance appearance.
· Aluminum radiator maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
· Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
· Reliable electric starting system.
· Solid-state ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
· Air-injection system reduces emissions by injecting air into the exhaust ports to ensure complete combustion.
· Sleek two-into-one exhaust system encloses two fully independent pipe and silencer sets in a single, long, large-diameter case.
· Innovative frame design features large, rectangular-section steel tube backbone reaching back from massive cast steering head to rear of the engine case for simplicity and strength.
· Frame features forged pivot-plate castings, rigid engine mounting and large, rectangular-section swingarm.
· Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features large-diameter chromed steel shrouds and large billet-aluminum triple-clamp for a distinctive retro look. Delivers confident, neutral handling control and plush, 140mm wheel travel.
· Large, 4mm-thick fork brace mounted under fender enhances rigidity.
· Dual-shock rear suspension features five-position preload adjustability and eye-catching chrome covers, while offering 90mm of wheel travel for a smooth, well-controlled ride.
· Large-section tires mounted on traditional spoked wheels with wide chromed rims. Front-end features a fat, 120/90-17 tire that provides a wide footprint and matches the substantial style of the machine.
· Single 296mm front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake features a 180mm drum.
· Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain.
· Broad, low-slung solo seat with quickly detachable passenger seat.
· Large-diameter handlebar is positioned low and wide for a comfortable feel, and is mounted on rubber-cushioned risers to reduce vibration.
· Long, stretched-design 14.0 litre fuel tank.
· Brilliant, 170mm 60/55-watt halogen headlight.
· Electronic speedometer with elegant white-face design includes indicator lights and tripmeter/odometer display.
· Large custom-styled taillight like that used on the Valkyrie, and attractive bullet-shaped turn indicators.
· Chrome air cleaner cover.
· Solid aluminum footpegs with wide rubber trim bands project a custom-made look.
· Steering-head lock for added security when parked.
· Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Cruiser windshield.
· Radiator cover.
· Rear carrier.
· Cycle cover.
745cc liquid-cooled, 52-degree, V-twin, single pin crank
Bore and Stroke
79mm x 76mm
SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Two 36mm diaphragm-type CV
41mm fork; 140mm travel
Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 90mm travel
Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
1618mm (63.6 in.)
700mm (27.6 in.)
229 kg (504.9 lbs.)
14 litres (3.2 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national
regulation and legislations.