+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
Honda VT750C Shadow ACE
Back to 2003 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click on photos to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
Honda's Shadow American Classic Edition, the budget-minded cruiser that thinks it's a one-off, hand-built show bike. All VT750s boast fit and finish equal to our top-of-the-line cruisers. Everywhere you look - the fork covers, shift lever, rear brake lever, footpeg brackets, chain guard, cylinder-head covers, left and right engine covers and the sidestand - the A.C.E. glitters with a quality finish that other mid-sized cruisers can only dream about.
Of course, the A.C.E.'s performance is none too shabby either, thanks to its 745cc 52-degree V-twin fed by two 36mm constant velocity carburetors. Three-valve heads and twin spark plugs take care of the combustion process efficiently while the self-adjusting hydraulic valves, automatic cam chain tensioner and solid state electronic ignition system keep maintenance to a minimum.
Exclusive to the VT750CA is its monochrome Black paint.
Exclusive to the VT750CB is its Red paint with silver pinstripe.
Exclusive to the VT750CC is its Red/Black and Silver/Black paint schemes.
Exclusive to the VT750CD is its unique Candy Orange/Orange Motif paint scheme.
Exclusive VT750CA features
· Black monochrome paint scheme.
Exclusive VT750CB features
· Red paint scheme with silver pinstripe.
Exclusive VT750CC features
· Red/Black and Silver/Black paint schemes.
Exclusive VT750CD features
· New Candy Orange/Orange Motif paint scheme.
· 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm-range.
· Long-stroke design combines with high-mass ACG and crankshaft to give strong V-twin feel and low-rpm torque peak.
· Dual 36mm Constant Velocity (CV) carburetors offer crisp throttle response.
· Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for excellent combustion efficiency and high power output.
· Finned cylinders enhance appearance.
· Aluminum radiator maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
· Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
· Reliable electric starting system.
· Solid-state ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
· Air-injection system reduces emissions by injecting air into the exhaust ports to ensure complete combustion.
· Sleek two-into-one exhaust system encloses two fully independent pipe and silencer sets in a single, long, large-diameter case.
· Innovative frame design features large, rectangular-section steel tube backbone reaching back from massive cast steering head to rear of the engine case for simplicity and strength.
· Frame features forged pivot-plate castings, rigid engine mounting and large, rectangular-section swingarm.
· Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features large-diameter chromed steel shrouds and large billet-aluminum triple-clamp for a distinctive retro look. Delivers confident, neutral handling control and plush, 130mm wheel travel.
· Large, 4mm-thick fork brace mounted under fender enhances rigidity.
· Dual-shock rear suspension features five-position preload adjustability and eye-catching chrome covers, while offering 90mm of wheel travel for a smooth, well-controlled ride.
· Large-section tires mounted on traditional spoked wheels with wide chromed rims. Front-end features a fat, 120/90-17 tire that provides a wide footprint and matches the substantial style of the machine.
· Single 296mm front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake features a 180mm drum.
· Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain
· Chrome highlights include: front fork covers, sidestand, brake and clutch lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, footpeg brackets, chain guard, swingarm pivot cap, left and right engine sidecovers, cylinder head cover.
· Black treatment of engine center cases and cylinders with polished treatment on cylinder fins.
· Broad, low-slung solo seat with quickly detachable passenger seat.
· Large-diameter handlebar is positioned low and wide for a comfortable feel, and is mounted on rubber-cushioned risers to reduce vibration.
· Long, stretched-design 14.0 litre fuel tank.
· Brilliant, 170mm 60/55-watt halogen headlight.
· Electronic speedometer with elegant white-face design includes indicator lights and tripmeter/odometer display.
· Large custom-styled taillight like that used on the Valkyrie, and attractive bullet-shaped turn indicators.
· Chrome air cleaner cover.
· Solid aluminum footpegs with wide rubber trim bands project a custom-made look.
· Steering-head lock for added security when parked.
745cc liquid-cooled, 52-degree, V-twin, single pin crank
Bore and Stroke
79mm x 76mm
SOHC, three valves per cylinder
Two 36mm diaphragm-type CV
41mm fork; 130mm travel
Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 90mm travel
Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
120/90 H - 17
170/80 H - 15
1615mm (63.6 in.)
700mm (27.6 in.)
229 kg (505 lbs.)
14 L (3.1 Imp.gal)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national
regulation and legislations.
Thank for supporting