46 Years of Models
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Guides
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Buyer's Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Cool Wall
+ Performance Guide
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converters
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Photo Gallery
+ Google Plus
+ Old Photo Gallery
+ TMW Merchandise
Advertising & Media
+ Contact Us
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Motorcycle is family owned and operated
By Riders, For Riders, 250 Million readers for over 16 years.
Honda VT750C Shadow ACE
Back to 2003 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click on photos to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
Honda's Shadow American Classic Edition, the budget-minded cruiser that thinks it's a one-off, hand-built show bike. All VT750s boast fit and finish equal to our top-of-the-line cruisers. Everywhere you look - the fork covers, shift lever, rear brake lever, footpeg brackets, chain guard, cylinder-head covers, left and right engine covers and the sidestand - the A.C.E. glitters with a quality finish that other mid-sized cruisers can only dream about.
Of course, the A.C.E.'s performance is none too shabby either, thanks to its 745cc 52-degree V-twin fed by two 36mm constant velocity carburetors. Three-valve heads and twin spark plugs take care of the combustion process efficiently while the self-adjusting hydraulic valves, automatic cam chain tensioner and solid state electronic ignition system keep maintenance to a minimum.
Exclusive to the VT750CA is its monochrome Black paint.
Exclusive to the VT750CB is its Red paint with silver pinstripe.
Exclusive to the VT750CC is its Red/Black and Silver/Black paint schemes.
Exclusive to the VT750CD is its unique Candy Orange/Orange Motif paint scheme.
Exclusive VT750CA features
· Black monochrome paint scheme.
Exclusive VT750CB features
· Red paint scheme with silver pinstripe.
Exclusive VT750CC features
· Red/Black and Silver/Black paint schemes.
Exclusive VT750CD features
· New Candy Orange/Orange Motif paint scheme.
· 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm-range.
· Long-stroke design combines with high-mass ACG and crankshaft to give strong V-twin feel and low-rpm torque peak.
· Dual 36mm Constant Velocity (CV) carburetors offer crisp throttle response.
· Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for excellent combustion efficiency and high power output.
· Finned cylinders enhance appearance.
· Aluminum radiator maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
· Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
· Reliable electric starting system.
· Solid-state ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
· Air-injection system reduces emissions by injecting air into the exhaust ports to ensure complete combustion.
· Sleek two-into-one exhaust system encloses two fully independent pipe and silencer sets in a single, long, large-diameter case.
· Innovative frame design features large, rectangular-section steel tube backbone reaching back from massive cast steering head to rear of the engine case for simplicity and strength.
· Frame features forged pivot-plate castings, rigid engine mounting and large, rectangular-section swingarm.
· Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features large-diameter chromed steel shrouds and large billet-aluminum triple-clamp for a distinctive retro look. Delivers confident, neutral handling control and plush, 130mm wheel travel.
· Large, 4mm-thick fork brace mounted under fender enhances rigidity.
· Dual-shock rear suspension features five-position preload adjustability and eye-catching chrome covers, while offering 90mm of wheel travel for a smooth, well-controlled ride.
· Large-section tires mounted on traditional spoked wheels with wide chromed rims. Front-end features a fat, 120/90-17 tire that provides a wide footprint and matches the substantial style of the machine.
· Single 296mm front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake features a 180mm drum.
· Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain
· Chrome highlights include: front fork covers, sidestand, brake and clutch lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, footpeg brackets, chain guard, swingarm pivot cap, left and right engine sidecovers, cylinder head cover.
· Black treatment of engine center cases and cylinders with polished treatment on cylinder fins.
· Broad, low-slung solo seat with quickly detachable passenger seat.
· Large-diameter handlebar is positioned low and wide for a comfortable feel, and is mounted on rubber-cushioned risers to reduce vibration.
· Long, stretched-design 14.0 litre fuel tank.
· Brilliant, 170mm 60/55-watt halogen headlight.
· Electronic speedometer with elegant white-face design includes indicator lights and tripmeter/odometer display.
· Large custom-styled taillight like that used on the Valkyrie, and attractive bullet-shaped turn indicators.
· Chrome air cleaner cover.
· Solid aluminum footpegs with wide rubber trim bands project a custom-made look.
· Steering-head lock for added security when parked.
745cc liquid-cooled, 52-degree, V-twin, single pin crank
Bore and Stroke
79mm x 76mm
SOHC, three valves per cylinder
Two 36mm diaphragm-type CV
41mm fork; 130mm travel
Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 90mm travel
Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
120/90 H - 17
170/80 H - 15
1615mm (63.6 in.)
700mm (27.6 in.)
229 kg (505 lbs.)
14 L (3.1 Imp.gal)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national
regulation and legislations.