Click on photos to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
Some 600 cc sportbikes are built to win races. Some are built to be comfortable on the open road.
Then there’s Honda’s versatile CBR600F4i, which can take you to the checkered flag or take you to the horizon and back. Blessed with a riding position that’s racy but comfortable, an amazingly powerful fuel-injected engine that’s snarling and smooth at the same time, and a lightweight aluminum chassis with premium suspension components, the 2002 CBR600F4i continues to be a favourite among riders who want the best technology going, and real-world function as well.
· High-output liquid-cooled DOHC 16-valve four-stroke engine features oversquare bore and stroke of 67mm x 42.5mm with a straight intake tract contributing to superb power throughout the rpm range.
· High-pressure programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) delivers fuel to four injectors, each mounted in a 38mm throttle body, at 50 psi. Fuel is delivered through four nozzle tips in each injector, producing a highly combustible air/fuel charge for maximum combustion efficiency and power.
· A precise throttle sensor and sophisticated fuel injection mapping combine to produce smooth and linear throttle response, responding easily to fine throttle adjustments.
· Auto-enriching system is integrated into PGM-FI module, eliminating the need for a manual choke.
· Cylinder head features two springs per intake valve and hardened intake valve seats for even better high-rpm valve operation and durability.
· Inclined cylinder-head cover mating surface permits higher placement of the intake camshaft for a straight intake tract providing excellent engine efficiency and power.
· RC45-inspired aluminum composite cylinder sleeves are high-pressure-formed from sintered aluminum powder impregnated with ceramic and graphite. The lightweight composite sleeves provide better wear resistance and superior heat dissipation than conventional sleeves.
· Aluminum alloy pistons feature LUB-Coat solid lubricant to minimize friction between the piston and cylinder wall.
· Ram-air provides a high volume of cool air to the airbox, utilizing a two-stage system that precisely balances air pressure within the carburetor float and vacuum chambers with the air flowing through their bores, providing sharp throttle response, linear power delivery and incredible performance at all speeds.
· Four transistorized direct-ignition coils integrate spark plug cap and high tension lead to produce a high-voltage, long-duration spark, providing maximum performance at high engine output levels.
· Electronic ignition CPU provides digital 3-D mapping for individual cylinders, creating ideal spark advance settings for all riding conditions.
· Four-into-two-into-one exhaust system feeds single high-output polished stainless steel muffler for maximum power and efficiency.
· Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures high-rpm performance and durability and offers 25,000 kilometre maintenance intervals.
· Mechanical automatic cam-chain tensioner provides quiet, reliable service.
· Engine cooling system features a series-flow pattern that reduces piston crown and spark plug seat temperatures, resulting in increased power.
· Bearingless water pump is lightweight and features high-efficiency design.
· High-capacity liquid-cooled oil cooler contributes to lightweight engine design.
· Clutch cover integrates pulser cover and is lighter than traditional designs.
· Smooth-shifting close-ratio six-speed transmission features ratios carefully matched to engine’s power band.
· Pro Frame design consists of an aluminum twin-spar frame and extruded aluminum swingarm. The Pro Frame design locates the lightweight extruded aluminum box-section swingarm via a combined pivot in both the frame and the rear of the engine, producing superb handling and stability with excellent control.
· At 168 kilograms, the CBR600F4i is the lightest, most powerful 600 supersport Honda has ever made.
· Lightweight aluminum, detachable rear subframe section.
· Rigid, 43mm HMAS front fork offers rebound, compression damping and spring preload adjustability.
· HMAS rear shock assembly utilizes Pro-Link design with external reservoir for plush feel and excellent, well-controlled damping for all types of riding.
· Twin front calipers feature four pistons each; pistons have a molybdenum/ anodic-oxide coating and Teflon-coated rollback seals to enhance braking feel under repeated hard use.
· Hydraulic rear disc brake features single-piston caliper and 220mm disc.
· Durable, lightweight #525 O-ring-sealed drive chain.
· Instrument display features analog tachometer with white numerals and needle indicator on a black face design; LCD digital displays for speedometer, odometer, A/B tripmeter, fuel reserve, clock, and coolant temperature; warning lights for coolant temperature, oil temperature, fuel injection, and over-rev; indicator lights for low/high beam, turn indicator and neutral.
· CBR929RR-style aluminum-alloy hollow-spoke wheels feature race-spec 3.5 x 17-inch front and 5.5 x 17-inch rear dimensions.
· Industry-leading ergonomic design features maximum rider comfort for minimum fatigue in all riding conditions.
· Lightweight aluminum upper cowl stay also serves as mounting bracket for mirrors and instrument housing.
· The asymmetrical dual headlight design features computer designed multi reflectors. Left-side low beam is complimented by both lights in high beam making for superb lighting in nighttime riding conditions.
· Folding aerodynamic mirrors.
· Front fairing and rear seat cowl utilize few parts for simpler servicing.
· Rear cowl storage box for U-type and cable locking devices (not included) under the passenger seat.
· Integrated ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
599cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
Bore and Stroke
67mm x 42.5mm
DOHC; four valves per cylinder
PGM-FI with automatic enricher circuit
43mm HMAS cartridge fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 120mm travel
Pro-Link HMAS single shock with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 120mm travel
Dual 296mm floating discs with four-piston calipers
Single 220mm disc with single piston caliper
1385mm (54.5 in.)
810mm (31.9 in.)
168 kg. (370 lb.)
18 litres (3.8 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.