2007 Honda XR650R
Back to 2007 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Honda XR650R
2007 Honda XR650R
With dozens of championships to its credit, the XR650R is the undisputed king of the desert, thanks to its lightweight aluminum frame, race-bred suspension and massively powerful liquid-cooled engine.
Features & Benefits
New for 2007
– Honda Racing™-inspired graphics.
– Liquid-cooled four-valve SOHC 649cc provides maximum power while maintaining Honda’s legendary dependability and simplicity.
– Compact, lightweight engine weighs only 88 pounds.
– Dry-sump oiling system includes an in-chassis oil tank for optimum cooling and efficiency.
– Unique engine design separates crankshaft and generator rotor from engine oil that causes windage resistance, allowing for a freer-revving engine.
– Nikasil cylinder lining is lightweight and provides cooler and quieter operation for extended engine life.
– 37mm intake valves and 32mm exhaust valves provide maximum engine efficiency.
– Automatic decompression starting system with handlebar-mounted compression release for easy starts.
– 40mm carburetor features crisp response and excellent rideability.
– CD ignition with electronic advance.
– Gear-driven counterbalancer for engine smoothness.
– Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
– Dual aluminum radiators for optimum cooling and maximum performance.
– Free-flowing two-into-one stainless steel headpipes are lightweight and durable.
– Primary kickstarting allows quick start-up in any gear.
– Extended kickstart lever allows a slow, strong kick to spin the engine quickly for predictable, accurate starts.
– Lightweight magnesium clutch cover provides easy access for maintenance.
– Easy-shifting five-speed transmission.
– Aluminum frame combines optimum rigidity and balance with maximum strength and durability.
– Removable subframe is also aluminum.
– Main frame incorporates engine oil tank with easy-to-use dipstick.
– Tapered roller steering head bearings maintain precise steering action.
– 46mm Kayaba cartridge fork with compression and rebound damping adjustability.
– Minimal fork protrusion below the axle increases clearance in ruts.
– Tapered aluminum swingarm is lightweight and strong.
– Swingarm pivot is combined with rear engine mount for compactness, light weight and an overall reduction in the number of components.
– 44mm fully adjustable long-travel Kayaba piggyback rear shock absorber.
– Twin-piston front and single-piston rear calipers squeeze large 240mm stainless steel rotors for excellent stopping power.
– CR®250R front master cylinder ensures excellent brake feel and stopping power.
– Lightweight hubs, aluminum rims and straight-pull spokes.
– Large-diameter rear axle for improved rear wheel tracking.
– Comfortable seat allows easy rider movement.
– Large, durable fenders provide excellent protection from the elements.
– Enduro-style headlight and taillight.
– Compact, lightweight integrated headlight/number plate.
– One-piece high-impact plastic skid-plate protects underside of engine cases, water pump and hoses.
– Resettable, easy-to-read three-digit competition odometer.
– High-quality controls include comfortable grips and dogleg levers with brush guards.
– Unique manual compression-release lever is mounted on top of clutch lever.
– Light-effort throttle and clutch pull reduce rider fatigue.
– Wide-section folding, cleated footpegs are comfortable and self-cleaning.
– Aluminum shift lever with folding tip.
– Aluminum rear brake pedal.
– Easy access to the reusable large foam air filter.
– Large-volume, USDA-qualified spark arrester/ muffler for maximum power.
– Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing, MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support team at select off-road events across the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
– Optional HRC Power-Up Kit, for closed-course use only; increases peak horsepower and provides broad additional power throughout the rpm range.
Engine Type: 649cc liquid-cooled dry-sump single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 100mm x 82.6mm
Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; four-valve
Carburetion: Keihin 40mm piston-valve
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Final Drive: #520 O-ring-sealed endless chain; 14T/48T
Front: 46mm leading-axle Kayaba cartridge fork with compression and rebound damping adjustability; 11.2 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link Kayaba single shock with spring preload, compression and rebound damping adjustability; 12.1 inches travel
Front: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: Single 240mm disc with single-piston caliper
Wheelbase: 58.3 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 27.8°
Trail: 111mm (4.3 inches)
Seat Height: 36.8 inches
Ground Clearance: 12.0 inches
Dry Weight: 277 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 2.6 gallons, including 0.5-gallon reserve
Meets current CARB standards.
California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.
|2007 Honda Enduro Pricing
Prices are subject to change without notice.