– Dunlop D402
The D402 is built with a three-ply polyester casing with two fiberglass belts, and offers greater load-carrying capacity and stability. It is the only tire approved by Harley-Davidson for its touring bikes.
Harley-Davidson Tire Series
The bond between Dunlop and Harley-Davidson has been growing stronger and stronger for decades. Since 1984, Dunlop has been the sole supplier of original equipment tires for Harley-Davidson, and this remarkable endorsement by Harley-Davidson has launched the unique Dunlop® Harley-Davidson® Tire Series, the ultimate vote of confidence in Dunlop quality.
- The D402 is the only tire approved by Harley-Davidson for its touring bikes.
- Built with a three-ply polyester casing with two fiberglass belts, the D402 offers greater load-carrying capacity and stability.
- Computer-optimized tread profile with offset center groove improves rider confidence over rain grooves and steel-grated bridges, while reducing cupping for even wear.
- The Dunlop® Harley-Davidson® Tire Series D402 is available in front and rear blackwall, single white bar, or wide white sidewall, all with an H speed rating.
- Wider MU85B16 rear tire is now available in black, slim white sidewall and wide white sidewall, and is load-rated up to 908 pounds.
B = Belted Construction BW = Black Sidewall SW = Slim White Sidewall WWW = Wide Whitewall
(Whitewall Front – 1.5″ wide; Rear – 1.75″ wide)
* D402F MT90B16 72H is a front tire only and is not interchangeable with D402 MT90B16 74H rear tire.
Note: When new tires are fitted, they should not be subjected to sudden acceleration, hard cornering, maximum power or braking for at least 100 miles. Failure to do so may result in loss of control and serious injury. The 100 mile run-in is required to adjust to the feel of new tires versus the worn tires.