46 Years of Models
+ 2017 Motorcycles
+ 2016 Motorcycles
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Guides
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Buyer's Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Cool Wall
+ Performance Guide
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converters
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Photo Gallery
+ Google Plus
+ Old Photo Gallery
+ TMW Merchandise
Advertising & Media
+ Contact Us
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Motorcycle is family owned and operated
By Riders, For Riders, 250 Million readers for over 16 years.
Suzuki VL 800 Intruder Volusia
Back to 2003 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
Multi-reflector turn signals for improved appearance
Mid-size cruiser with a long, low look - traditional styling combined with
- Fuel tank-mounted speedometer with LCD fuel gauge, clock and indicator
lights. Cables and wiring are carefully routed for a detailed look.
- Cradle-type steel frame with color-matched sidecovers, fenders and fuel tank, plus numerous chrome-plated parts.
- Wide comfortable seat with low 27.6 inch seat height - passenger seat can be removed for a bobbed rear fender appearance.
- Wide handlebars and forward-mounted footpegs and foot controls for more comfort around town or on the highway.
- Telescopic forks with polished aluminum sliders and polished stainless steel stanchion-tube covers.
- Long 33° rake angle and 65.2 inch wheelbase provide smooth, comfortable ride.
- Link-type rear suspension connects to a truss-style swingarm and a single shock absorber with 7-way spring preload adjustment.
- Traditional spoke wheels with chrome-plated rims carry a wide 130/90-16 front tire and 170/80-15 rear tire.
- Single front disc brake with 300mm and 180mm rear drum brake.
- Narrow 805cc, eight-valve, liquid-cooled, 45 degree V-twin engine
is tuned for low-rpm power with peak torque at only 2500 rpm.
- High engine torque provided by a single 34mm carburetor, short-duration cam timing and tuned dual exhaust system.
- Crankshaft with 45° offset crank pins reduces engine vibration for a more comfortable ride.
- Digital ignition system with 3-D timing maps and throttle position sensor provides optimum ignition timing.
- Five-speed transmission features a high fifth gear ratio for relaxed highway cruising.
- Low-maintenance shaft final-drive system is clean-running with low torque reaction.
- Pulsed-secondary air-injection system introduces air into the exhaust ports to ignite unburned hydrocarbons and reduce emissions.
Engine: 805cc, four-stroke, liquid cooled, 45 degree V-twin, SOHC, 8-valves, TSCC. 50 hp (36.8 kW)/ 6,500 rpm, 62 Nm/ 4,000 rpm.
Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Bore & Stroke: 83.0 x 74.4mm
Compression ratio: 9.4:1
Fuel System: Mikuni BDSR34
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Final Drive: Shaft Drive
Overall Length: 2510mm (98.8 in.)
Overall Width: 985mm (38.8 in.)
Overall Height: 1110mm (43.3 in.)
Seat Height: 700mm (27.6 in.)
Ground Clearance: 140mm (5.5 in.)
Wheelbase: 1655mm (65.2 in.)
Dry Weight: 241kg (531 lbs.)
FRONT: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
REAR: Link-type, oil damped, 7-way adjustable spring preload
FRONT: Single hydraulic disc
REAR: Single drum
Fuel Tank Capacity: 17 liter (4.5 gal.)
Color: White/Silver, Green/Silver, Black
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.