46 Years of Models
+ 2017 Motorcycles
+ 2016 Motorcycles
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Guides
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Buyer's Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Cool Wall
+ Performance Guide
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converters
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Photo Gallery
+ Google Plus
+ Old Photo Gallery
+ TMW Merchandise
Advertising & Media
+ Contact Us
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Motorcycle is family owned and operated
By Riders, For Riders, 250 Million readers for over 16 years.
Back to 2006 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
2006 Honda Ruckus
Looking for cool styling, economical performance and all the convenience features you expect from a Honda scooter? Look no further than the Ruckus.
Features & Benefits
New for 2006
- White joins Silver Camo.
- Lightweight 49cc four-stroke OHC liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine provides ample power for in-town riding.
- Fuel-sipping constant-velocity (CV) carburetor with automatic choke.
- Maintenance-free ignition system.
- Simple push-button electric starter.
- Starter system utilizes the engine's brushless alternator (ACG) for starting, eliminating the need for a separate starter motor. This simple design requires no maintenance and lowers overall weight for even better fuel economy.
- Electronic control unit (ECU) provides control for ignition timing, alternator regulator, ACG starter, electric fuel pump and automatic choke.
- Lightweight, maintenance-free, magnetically driven water pump eliminates the need for mechanical seals.
- Compact engine-mounted radiator has aluminum fins for optimal cooling in all riding conditions.
- Electromagnetic fuel pump is located adjacent to the fuel tank under the Ruckus' floor.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires virtually no maintenance.
- Ultra-quiet exhaust system.
- Automatic Honda V-Matic belt-drive transmission provides spirited acceleration and requires virtually no maintenance.
- Two-piece die cast aluminum front frame with upper steel rear frame.
- Twin-downtube-fork front suspension provides 2.2 inches of plush travel for a well-controlled ride.
- Single-side aluminum swingarm with single-shock rear suspension has 2.6 inches of travel for a compliant, comfortable ride.
- Front and rear drum brakes offer predictable, powerful stopping.
- Oversize tires offer a secure grip on the road.
- Well-padded seat boasts a low, 28.9-inch seat height for added confidence at stops.
- Instrumentation includes analog speedometer, odometer, and indicator lights for fuel, coolant temperature and low/high beam. Fuel indicator light comes on with 0.3 gallon remaining.
- Audible turn-signal indicator.
- Parking brake.
- Helmet holder locks helmet in place under seat.
- Backup kickstart lever.
- Dual headlights with two 35-watt bulbs. Low/high beams provide ample nighttime illumination.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider's Club of America (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year of Honda Red Rider magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
Engine Type: 49cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Carburetion: 15mm CV with automatic choke
Transmission: Automatic V-Matic belt drive
Front: Twin-downtube fork; 2.2 inches travel
Rear: Single shock; 2.6 inches travel
Wheelbase: 49.8 inches
Seat Height: 28.9 inches
Dry Weight: 181 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 1.3 gallons
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.