46 Years of Models
+ 2016 Motorcycles
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Model Guide
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Bike Buyer's Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
All content on
Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by
Honda Shadow Sabre
Back to 2006 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
With its distinctive street-rod styling, class-leading performance and ergonomics that offer true long-distance comfort, the Shadow Sabre is in a class of its own.
Features & Benefits
New for 2006
- New Titanium/Flame color joins classic Black.
- The Shadow® Sabre's engine pumps out class-leading low-end and mid-range power for superb acceleration and gratifying roll-on performance.
- The engine's broad power delivery provides spirited performance and exceptional rideability around town or on the open road.
- Rubber-mounted engine with offset-dual-pin crankshaft provides perfect primary balance, enhances engine smoothness and delivers superior rider comfort.
- Three-valve cylinder-head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and high power at all rpm.
- Maintenance-free hydraulic valve-lash adjusters eliminate routine valve adjustments.
- Other maintenance-free features include digital ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioners.
- Dual 36mm constant-velocity carburetors offer crisp throttle response at all rpm.
- Reliable electric-starter system.
- Extensive chrome finishing of engine parts includes crankcase covers, clutch cover and left-rear engine cover.
- Black-finished crankcases and cylinders with buffed fin edges complete the custom street-rod look.
- Chromed dual-exhaust system enhances appearance and produces throaty exhaust note.
- Reliable five-speed transmission with carefully selected gear ratios to maximize acceleration.
- Low 27.2-inch seat height, comfortable dragster-style seat and semi-swept handlebar combine to create a superbly comfortable riding position.
- Specially designed sturdy steel frame gives the Shadow Sabre a long, low custom stance.
- Large 41mm extended front fork provides 4.7 inches of plush yet responsive travel.
- Dual chromed rear shocks have 3.9 inches of wheel travel and feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
- Front disc brake features a twin-piston caliper with a large-diameter 316mm rotor. Combined with the rear single-piston caliper and 276mm brake disc, brakes provide excellent stopping power.
- Strong cast-aluminum wheels.
- Wide, low 120/90-18 front tire enhances street-rod styling and contributes to a comfortable ride.
- Massive 170/80-15 rear tire offers a wide foot print and a radical custom look.
- Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
- Street-rod styling features chrome fork-leg covers, deeply valanced fenders and beautiful cast-aluminum wheels machined to a satin finish.
- Dragster-style seat boasts a low 27.2-inch seat height for flat-footed confidence during low-speed maneuvers.
- Rider comfort is enhanced with comfortable ergonomics and a firmly padded saddle.
- Large 4.2-gallon gas tank offers extended cruising range.
- Speedometer face features white background with large, easy-to-read numerals.
- Solid aluminum footpegs with wide rubber trim enhance the custom street-rod look.
- Polished aluminum handlebar switch housings and triple-clamp assembly.
- Comfortably padded large-diameter handgrips.
- Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
- Powerful 55W/60W halogen headlight.
- Durable, maintenance-free 14-amp-hour battery.
- Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider's Club of America (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year of Honda Red Rider magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
- Touring accessories: Saddlebags, Touring Bag, Tank Belt, Magnetic Tank Bag (Black), Backrest with Pad (two types) and Rear Carrier (two types).
- Chrome accessories: Backrest Trim, Rider Floorboards, Radiator Guard, Radiator Trim, Sidecovers, Front Fender Guard Rail, Front Fender Extension, Rear Fender Extension, Lightbar, Spotlight Visors, Saddlebag Supports, Headlight Visor, Oil Filler Cap, Master Cylinder Cap, Handlebar Risers, Handlebar Clamps, Driveshaft Cover, Triple-Clamp Cover, Front Fender Ornament, Handlebar Levers, Clutch Lever Bracket, Lever Bracket Holders and Horn.
- Billet accessories: Backrest Trim, Rider Footpegs, Passenger Footpegs, Passenger Floorboards, Driveshaft Bolt Cover, Front Tank Mount Cover, Dipstick, Oil Filler Cap, Master Cylinder Cap, License Plate Frame, Ignition and Clutch Covers, Handlebar Clamp, Caliper Caps, Rear Fender Rails and Handlebar Risers.
- Additional accessories: Cycle Cover.
(Accessory availability and specifications subject to change without notice.)
Engine Type: 1099cc liquid-cooled 45° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 87.5mm x 91.4mm
Compression Ratio: 8.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Carburetion: Two 36mm constant-velocity
Ignition: Digital, two spark plugs per cylinder
Final Drive: Shaft
Front: 41mm fork; 4.7 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.9 inches travel
Front: Single 316mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: Single 276mm disc with single-piston caliper
Wheelbase: 64.6 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 32.7°
Trail: 161mm (6.3 inches)
Seat Height: 27.2 inches
Dry Weight: 577 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 4.2 gallons, including 0.6-gallon reserve
Colors: Black, Titanium/Flame
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.