46 Years of Models
+ 2017 Motorcycles
+ 2016 Motorcycles
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Guides
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Buyer's Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Cool Wall
+ Performance Guide
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converters
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Photo Gallery
+ Google Plus
+ Old Photo Gallery
+ TMW Merchandise
Advertising & Media
+ Contact Us
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Motorcycle is family owned and operated
By Riders, For Riders, 250 Million readers for over 16 years.
Honda CMX250C Rebel 250
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
- 2009 Honda CMX250C Rebel 250
2009 Honda CMX250C Rebel 250
Who says you need a big-bore machine to appreciate the joys of motorcycling? Not a Honda CMX250C Rebel rider, that's for sure. A user-friendly combination of light weight and comfortable size has made the CMX250C Rebel an enduring favourite among riders looking for an easy-to-handle cruiser. The good stuff begins with a high-output twin-cylinder engine that runs more smoothly than a single, yet is thrifty on gas and easy to maintain. A front disc brake brings you to a halt quickly, and that's when you'll notice how easy it is to put your feet flat on the ground, thanks to a low seat height.
This is a bike that instills confidence on every ride.
Rebel riders agree, this bike makes you look good no matter how long you've been riding. It's an entry-level bike, sure, but it boasts big-bike styling with its timeless cruiser looks and nifty chrome highlights. Its reliable 234cc four-stroke twin delivers smooth power, and its five-speed transmission is a no-brainer to shift. Why pay more for a lesser bike? The Rebel's sticker price is as unbelievable as its outstanding fuel economyproof positive it's a Honda.
Features & Benefits
- Proven twin-cylinder 234 cc SOHC four-stroke engine is smooth, quiet, economical and easy to maintain.
- Convenient and reliable electric starter.
- Screw-type valve adjusters simplify maintenance.
- Constant-velocity carburetor gives excellent throttle response.
- Easy-shifting five-speed transmission.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- Radically styled twin-muffler exhaust system.
- Semi-double-cradle frame allows a long wheelbase and extremely low seat height.
- Hydraulic front fork with dual Syntallic bushings.
- Dual rear shocks feature five-position spring preload adjustment.
- Rectangular-section swingarm.
- Front disc brake with twin-piston caliper.
- Wide 130/90-15 rear tire.
- Spoke wheels with chrome rims.
- O-ring-sealed chain for increased durability.
- Pullback handlebar.
- 9.8-litre teardrop fuel tank.
- Two-piece custom-styled seat.
- Custom-styled chrome-plated headlight case.
- Stylish chrome-plated taillight housing.
- Simple, straightforward instrumentation.
- Chrome-plated turn-signal housings.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
- Key-operated steering lock for added security.
- Easy-to-use helmet lock.
- 1 year, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty.
2009 Honda CMX250C Rebel 250 - USA Specifications
MSRP: $3,399 USD
Engine Type 234cc air-cooled parallel twin-cylinder
Bore and Stroke 53.0mm x 53.0mm
Induction Single 26mm diaphragm-type constant-velocity (CV) carburetor
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Valve Train SOHC; two valves per cylinder
Final Drive O-ring sealed chain
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 33mm fork; 4.6-inch travel
Rear Suspension Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 2.9-inch travel
Front Brake Single-disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear Brake Drum
Front Tire 3.00-18
Rear Tire 130/90-15
Rake 30-degree 40'
Trail 113mm (4.4 inches)
Wheelbase 57.1 inches
Seat Height 26.6 inches
Curb Weight 331 lbs (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
Fuel Capacity 2.6 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserve
Available Colors Black, Ultra Blue Metallic
Model ID CMX250C
Emissions Meets Current EPA standards. California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.
Note The perfect entry-level street bike
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
One Year Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
2009 Honda CMX250C Rebel 250 - Canada Specifications
MSRP: $5,299 CDN
Engine Type Air-cooled four-stroke twin
Displacement 234 cc
Bore & Stroke 53 mm x 53 mm
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Valve Train Chain-driven SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder
Fuel Delivery Single 26 mm CV carb
Final Drive O-ring-sealed chain
Front Suspension 33 mm fork, 117 mm (4.6 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Dual shocks with adjustable spring preload, 74 mm (2.9 inches) travel
Tires 3.00 - 18 front; 130/90 - 15 rear
Brakes Front single disc with dual-piston caliper; rear drum
Seat Height 675 mm (26.6 inches)
Wheelbase 1,450 mm (57.1 inches)
Curb Weight 150 kg (331 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 9.8 litres
Colour Glint Wave Blue Metall