Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2015 Yamaha FZ6R Review
2015 Yamaha FZ6R on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
The Perfect 1st Sportbike…
The 2015 Yamaha FZ6R is packed with features: low seat, adjustable handlebar for find tuned comfort, torquey 600cc engine you won’t outgrow anytime soon; beautiful diamon steel frame; sleek fairing; R-6 style exhaust’ and a price that’s way more affordable than it looks.
The FZ6R has a special ambience that makes you feel comfortable the minute you swing a leg over the seat. It is a sports bike that does not make any earth shattering claims; just a bike that will leave you smiling after each and every ride. Perhaps you are just getting started in motorcycling or have been around long enough to recognize that fun is not always determined by engine size or horsepower.
2015 Yamaha FZ6R www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Ultra-compact, 600cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, slant block in-line four powerplant. This engine has been specially tuned for ease of riding with very linear power characteristics.
Lightweight hollow camshafts provide excellent torque in the low and mid rpm range and also help to achieve linear throttle control. Fuel economy is also optimized.
“Diamond-type”, high tensile tube steel frame is used. The main frame tubes are 31.5mm in diameter and feature a minimum of welds and bends. Rigidity around the steering head and swingarm pivot has been optimized for excellent handling and stability.
•A rider in the market for an entry level or commuter 600cc bike doesn’t have to compromise performance or style to get value. The FZ6R is a great combination of performance, handling, and exciting sport bike style, but also with a low seat height that’s both adjustable to fit a wider variety of riders and also narrower where it counts to make it even easier to put both feet on the ground.
•The engine delivers smooth power just the way today’s rider needs it, brisk acceleration with plenty of torque that makes it a pleasure to get around town, with lots in reserve for when you want more. This is certainly not a “no frills” motor. Its derived from the FZ6 motor, fuel injected and tuned for outstanding low to mid engine performance.
•Even if your primary goal is commuting to school or work, you want to be able to get out and have fun riding some twisty back roads. The FZ6R is ready to put a grin on your face! The diamond-shaped frame, made of high-tensile steel pipes using the engine as a structural member of the chassis, becomes the foundation for handling performance. It’s designed to provide the right rigidity balance to contribute to smooth cornering performance.
•When it comes to putting power to the pavement, the FZ6R uses nothing less than quality radial tires, 120/70R-inch front and 160/60R 17-inch rear. And this bikes excellent stopping performance is due to the dual 298mm front discs and 245mm rear disc, both with comfortable-to-use controls.
2015 Yamaha FZ6R www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• Ultra-compact, 600cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valves, slant block in-line four powerplant. This engine has been specially tuned for ease of riding with very linear power characteristics.
• Compact, 4-valve cylinder head features 25mmm intake valves and 22mm exhaust valves. Special narrow intake port shape increases air velocity resulting in a more linear throttle response.
• Lightweight hollow camshafts provide excellent torque in the low and mid rpm range and also help to achieve linear throttle control. Fuel economy is also optimized.
• Automatic hydraulic-type cam chain tensioner reduces mechanical engine noise and maintenance.
• One-piece cylinder and upper crankcase assembly provides superior engine and chassis rigidity as well as reducing weight.
• Ceramic composite plated cylinder “bores” are a “liner less” design with the ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum block to ensure great heat dissipation for consistent power delivery, reduced friction and reduced weight.
• Lightweight forged pistons connected to carburized connecting rods provide superior strength and reduced reciprocating mass for crisp throttle response and reduced vibration.
• “Group-Type” Mikuni 32mm throttle body fuel injection provides outstanding throttle response and excellent fuel economy. Group fuel injection divides the four cylinders into two groups (1 & 4 and 2 & 3) with two injections of fuel for every 720 degrees of crank rotation.
• Compact “high dynamic range” injectors use 4-hole / 2-direction spray type injectors for excellent throttle control, reduced emissions and great fuel economy.
• A high powered, compact 32 bit ECU controls the ignition and fuel injection processes.
• Compact slant-block engine uses a “Tri-Axis” stacked 6-speed transmission design to create a shorter engine (front to back) which allows for optimum engine placement in the frame for a balanced weight distribution and great handling.
• “Inner push” type clutch release mechanism provides very light and smooth clutch lever action.
• Shifter layout and design provides smooth, positive shifting.
• Compact 4 into 2 into 1 “midship” style exhaust system features a 3-way catalytic converter which reduces harmful exhaust emissions (CO, HC, CO2 and NOx). The result is very clean running engine that easily surpasses strict EPA and EU European emission standards.
• This “midship” style exhaust system concentrates mass in the centre of the bike and keeps the centre of gravity low for light agile handling at any speed.
• High capacity radiator with ring-type cooling fan insures maximum cooling efficiency.
• Liquid cooled oil cooler maintains consistent oil temperatures for extended engine and lubricant life.
• Convenient spin-on type oil filter.
• Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI) ensures fast starts and optimum engine performance.
• Air Induction System (AIS) reduces harmful hydrocarbon and carbon monoxide (HC & CO) exhaust emissions.
• “Diamond-type”, high tensile tube steel frame is used. The main frame tubes are 31.5mm in diameter and feature a minimum of welds and bends. Rigidity around the steering head and swingarm pivot has been optimized for excellent handling and stability.
• This frame design helps to maintain one of the lowest seat heights (785mm / 30.1″) in the 600 sports class.
• The engine is mounted to the frame in 4 locations making it a stressed chassis member and enhancing handling qualities.
• A box section steel swingarm compliments the frame and aids in providing a light handling feel.
• Detachable steel rear sub frame reduces costs in the event of damage.
• Conventional 41mm cartridge style fork provide great handling and excellent ride comfort. Plastic protectors help prevent tube damage due to stone chips. Wheel travel is 130mm (5.1″).
• “Link less” rear suspension means the rear shock mounts directly to the frame and swingarm without the use of linkages. The rear suspension system has been designed to provide a rising rate feeling without the additional weight of linkage arms and pivots. The shock features 7-way spring pre-load adjustability. Wheel travel is 130mm (5.1″)
• Dual 298mm floating front disc brakes are squeezed by a twin piston calipers. Braking performance is progressive and lever feel is excellent.
• 245mm rear disc brake with single piston caliper provides excellent stopping power.
• Full fairing offers great wind and weather protection. An inner panel around the instrument area provides a clean, quality image for the “cockpit”.
• Stylish 17 litre (3.7 Imp. gal.) fuel tank provides an excellent riding range between fill ups.
• Lightweight 5-spoke mag wheels are fitted with Z rated radial tires which reduce unsprung weight for light, agile handling.
• Stylish two piece rider and passenger seat design offers excellent comfort. The rider portion of the seat is adjustable. The standard position is the lowest (785mm / 30.9″) position with an ability to increase the rider seat height by 20mm or approximately ¾ of an inch.
• Adjustable handlebar design. The traditional 7/8″ steel handlebar not only offers a comfortable, more upright riding position but can also be adjusted 20mm (approximately ¾ of an inch) forward by rotating the handlebar mounting brackets 180 degrees. The traditional handlebar design also allows easy replacement to a different “bend” if so desired.
• FZ1 inspired multi-function instrument assembly. Features include an analog tach, digital speedo, dual tripmeters, clock, fuel gauge and fuel reserve tripmeter plus a full range of warning lights.
• Bright, single 60/55 watt halogen headlight
• 5-position adjustable front brake lever
• Passenger grab rails
• 520 size “O” ring chain reduces weight
• Low maintenance, sealed battery
• Helmet holder cable
2015 Yamaha FZ6R – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $7,790 – Rapid Red/Raven – Available from October 2014 – CA model from November 2014
Engine Type 600cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke, DOHC 16 valves
Bore x Stroke 65.5mm x 44.5mm
Compression Ratio 12.2:1
Fuel Delivery Fuel injection
Ignition Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 6-speed; multi-plate wet clutch
Final Drive O-ring chain
Suspension / Front Telescopic fork, 5.1-in.travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock, 5.1-in travel
Brakes / Front 298mm Hydraulic disc
Brakes / Rear 245mm Hydraulic disc
Tires / Front 120/70 ZR17M/C 58W
Tires / Rear 160/60 ZR17M/C 73W
Length 83.5 in
Width 30.3 in
Height 46.7 in
Seat Height 30.9 in
Ground Clearance 5.5 in
Wheelbase 56.7 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 26.0°
Trail 4.1 in
Fuel Capacity 4.6 gal
Fuel Economy** 43 mpg
Wet Weight 470 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2015 Yamaha FZ6R – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $7,999 CDN
Liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valves (4-valves/cyl) , in-line four
BORE AND STROKE
65.5 x 44.5mm
6.1 kg-m (44.1 ft-lb) @ 8,500 rpm
Mikuni 32mm throttle body FI
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION±
18.1 kpl/ 51.5 mpg (Imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
“O” ring chain
Dual 298mm discs – twin piston calipers
245mm disc – single piston caliper
/// CRITICAL DATA
RAKE / TRAIL
26° / 103mm (4.1″)
785mm (30.9″) or 805 (31.7″)
17 litres (3.7 Imp. gal.)
212kg (467 lb)
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).