Introducing the 2024 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 40th Anniversary Edition ABS…
The new NINJA ZX-6R motorcycle provides Supersport Obsession with superb real-world riding exhilaration while tapping into its racing bloodline with new bodywork that more closely resembles its Superbike World Championship-winning Ninja ZX-10R. While its new looks are sure to turn heads, the Ninja ZX-6R is still loaded with many high technology features to help a wider range of riders to enjoy this machine’s serious sport riding performance on the circuit or the street.
Kawasaki welcomed the return of the class-leading Ninja ZX-6R ABS supersport motorcycle in 2024, which features a potent 636cc engine, advanced electronics, and a lightweight chassis. The 636cc engine has been optimized for the street and the track, offering an exhilarating experience in a wide range of riding situations, allowing you to rule the track and run the streets. The Ninja ZX-6R ABS features a 636cc in-line four-cylinder DOHC engine, Kawasaki Quick Shifter (KQS), sophisticated instrumentation, styling with twin LED headlights and taillight, Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System (KIBS), selectable power modes combined with Kawasaki TRaction Control (KTRC), class-leading SHOWA suspension, SHOWA SFF-BP fork, Assist & Slipper Clutch, comfortable ergonomics with adjustable clutch lever, multi-function LCD screen, and a pressed-aluminum perimeter frame.
2024 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 40th Anniversary Edition ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- LARGE-DISPLACEMENT 636CC ENGINE PROVIDES MORE USEABLE POWER AND TORQUE
- ADVANCED KAWASAKI TRACTION CONTROL (KTRC) FOR ENHANCED PERFORMANCE
- POWER MODE ALLOWS QUICK ADJUSTMENT FOR RIDER PREFERENCE AND CONDITIONS
- KAWASAKI INTELLIGENT ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (KIBS) AVAILABLE
- SHOWA BIG PISTON SEPARATE FUNCTION FORK FOR SUPERB RIDE ON ROAD AND TRACK
- First Kawasaki VAI (Variable Air Intake) System
- Limited production track-focused single seat model
- Pankl lightweight pistons and high-performance titanium connecting rods
- Intake and exhaust valve springs
- Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP tires
- Model exclusive Marchesini forged wheels
- Fine-tuned suspension settings
- Iconic three-colour Lime Green, Pearl Crystal White and Blue livery
- Large “Kawasaki” logo on side fairings
- 40th Anniversary emblem on the fuel tank
- Silver painted frame and swingarm
- Gold painted front fork outer tubes
- Lime Green painted wheels
2024 KAWASAKI NINJA 40th ANNIVERSARY EDITION MOTORCYCLES – LEGENDARY SINCE 1984
In the 40 years since its inception, the Ninja moniker has become one of the most recognizable motorcycle names in the industry. Since first arriving on the scene in 1984, and officially rebranding the famous GPz900R, the Kawasaki Ninja brand of motorcycles continue to illustrate the pursuit of high performance in every displacement class. To celebrate this historic run in the powersports industry, Kawasaki is pleased to announce the 2024 Ninja 40th Anniversary Edition motorcycles.
In the late 1980’s, there is one Kawasaki machine that stood out in the United States: The Ninja ZX-7. Embracing Kawasaki’s relentless pursuit of innovation on the racetrack, the Ninja ZX-7 became the brand’s flagship in the FIM Endurance World Championship, finding its way to the top step of the podium in 1991, 1992 and 1993. Stateside, Kawasaki continued its championship run in AMA Superbike, adding four additional titles in 1990, 1992, 1996 and 1997 to make nine overall championships in the series. In 1993, Kawasaki rider Scott Russell captured the WorldSBK Championship aboard his Ninja ZX-7R, further proving the Ninja’s strength. Inspired by one of the iconic motorcycles that changed the racetrack scene, a special Ninja ZX-7-inspired colorway will be available on the Ninja ZX-4RR ABS, Ninja ZX-6R ABS, Ninja ZX-10R ABS and Ninja ZX-14R ABS.
A specially reproduced three-color livery will be found on each 40th Anniversary Edition model, with a large “Kawasaki” logo on the fairings. All logos featured on the motorcycle are reproduced from original drawings, and the various other elements were specially designed to bring back memories of the Ninja ZX-7 series’ historic list of wins. A special 40th Anniversary emblem designed to resemble a championship sticker can be found on the top of the fuel tank, and the displacement numbers featured on the tail cowl are based on the fonts used in the 80’s and 90’s. Specially painted lime green wheels on all models, silver-painted frame and swingarm on the Ninja ZX-10R, Ninja ZX-6R and Ninja ZX-4RR, and gold-painted front fork outer tubes on the Ninja ZX-10R and Ninja ZX-6R complete the iconic throwback look.
2024 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 40th Anniversary Edition ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
NEW FOR 2024
All-new Ninja ZXTM-10R-Inspired Styling
New front cowl and side cowls plus compact new headlights give the Ninja ZXTM-6R a new “face” for 2024.
• Intricately layered front cowl design is complemented by winglet-style inlets and angled chin spoilers to form a highly-distinctive image. The inlets help keep wind off the rider, while the chin spoilers help create downforce when cornering.
• Compact new hybrid projector/reflector headlights help define the Ninja ZXTM-6R’s new face. The low beams are compact projector lamps with mono-focus LED technology, while the high beams and position lamps are reflector-type. The deep-set position of the reflectors in the unlit portions of the headlights makes them appear dark to enhance the fierce expression. Black extensions between the low and high beams contribute to the overall fierce, blacked-out image.
• The area around the central Ram-Air intake is now all painted to coordinate with cowl for a sharper image.
• Short windscreen is supported on each side by the front cowl to help stabilize the windscreen at higher speeds. Openings at the side of the windscreen relieve pressure build-up behind it to help reduce buffeting on the rider.
• The front and side inner cowls use interwoven layers to create a 3-D effect with the multiple layers contrasting with the smooth outer and lower cowls, adding to the design.
• Blacked-out engine covers and muffler with buffed end cap contribute to the supersport image.
TFT Color Instrumentation
New 4.3-inch all-digital instrumentation helps give the cockpit a high-tech, high-grade appearance and provides additional features over the previous model.
• High-grade full color display features TFT (thin-film transistor) technology, delivering a high level of visibility. The screen’s background color is selectable in black or white, and screen brightness adjusts automatically to suit available light.
• Display functions include: digital speedometer, digital bar-style tachometer, gear position indicator, shift lamp, odometer, dual trip meters, current and average fuel consumption, remaining range, average speed, total time, coolant temperature, clock, battery voltage, Kawasaki service reminder, oil
change reminder, call/mail reminders, Bluetooth indicator, and Economical Riding Indicator.
Integrated Riding Modes:
Sport, Road, Rain, Rider (Manual)
All-inclusive modes that link S-KTRC and Power Mode allow riders to efficiently set traction control and power delivery to suit a given riding situation.
* Riders can choose from Sport, Road, Rain or a manual setting (Rider). In the manual Rider mode, each of the systems can be set independently.
– Sport: enables riders to enjoy circuit riding, or sporty riding on back roads.
– Road: covers a wide range of situations, from city riding to highway cruising and rural roads.
– Rain: offers rider reassurance when riding on a low traction surface.
• The riding mode can be changed while riding, using the button on the left handlebar.
RIDEOLOGY THE APP Smartphone Connectivity†
† Do not operate smartphone while riding
• A Bluetooth chip built into the instrument panel enables riders to connect to their motorcycle wirelessly. Using the smartphone application “RIDEOLOGY THE APP,” a number of instrument functions can be accessed, contributing to an enhanced motorcycling experience.
– Vehicle Info: information such as fuel gauge, odometer, maintenance schedule, etc can be viewed via the smartphone.
– Riding Log: GPS route information as well as vehicle running information can be logged and viewed via the smartphone.
– Telephone notices: when a call or mail is received by the smartphone, this is indicated on the instrument display.
– Vehicle Settings: Riding Mode (Road, Sport, Rain, Rider) can be set in advance on the smartphone and uploaded when paired with the bike, as can riding support systems (like KQS) and the payload mode.
– General Settings: general instrument display settings (such as preferred units, date, date format, etc) can be adjusted via the smartphone.
– Vehicle Settings: Riding Mode (Road, Sport, Rain, Rider) can be set in advance on the smartphone and uploaded when in proximity of the bike.
• Once vehicle information has been downloaded to the app, it can be viewed on the smartphone. Available information includes: odometer, trip A, trip B, fuel gauge, remaining range, average gas mileage, average speed, max lean angle (right/left), battery voltage, Kawasaki service reminder, oil change reminder, etc.
• Detailed riding logs including GPS information and vehicle running information can be recorded. While riding, the app tracks vehicle speed, rpm, gear position, throttle position, front brake fluid pressure, acceleration/deceleration, current mileage, and coolant temperature from moment to moment. Once the riding log has been saved, riders can review these items in a graphic-style display at any point along the route. The app can
also display a ride summary, with information that may include: route travelled, total distance, total time, gas mileage (best/average), speed (best/average), max lean angle (right/left), etc. For either display mode, riders can select which items are displayed, and can arrange them in their preferred order.
• When riding with the app ON† the bike and smartphone are always connected. When the engine is turned off, the latest riding information stored by the app may be viewed on the smartphone. Any vehicle setting changes made via the app while the engine is off, or while out of range, cannot be uploaded until the ignition is turned on and the smartphone is in range with the app ON. General settings can only be updated via the app when
the bike and smartphone are connected.
* †While RIDEOLOGY THE APP needs to be ON (running in the background) to be connected to the bike, it was not intended to be operated while riding.
Rider interaction with the app should be limited to when the vehicle is not being operated and it is safe to do so.
• Revised cam profiles help meet stricter emissions regulations but also benefit low-rpm performance.
• Revised intake funnel shape contributes to low and mid-range performance.
Riding Mode KTRC Power Mode
Sport 1 F
Road 2 F
Rain (manual) 3 L
Rider (manual) 1/2/3/OFF F/L
• New round discs match the style of the Ninja ZXTM-10R to help maintain the strong Ninja ZXTM motorcycle family image.
• ABS models use an updated ABS control unit to keep the Ninja ZXTM-6R’s braking performance at the leading edge.
• Now equipped with Pirelli Diablo Rosso IV tires for superb grip and performance in a wide range of riding conditions.
636cc Ultra-Compact, Low-Friction Engine
• Long stroke engine offers increased performance over many other 600 class engines at all rpm, and especially in the low- to mid-range for better rideability on city streets.
• All internal parts are designed to be strong yet small with ideal dimensional accuracy to reduce power-robbing friction.
• Close cylinder pitch and compact crankcases result in a small, rigid engine. This compact engine also contributes significantly to the overall slim and compact chassis.
• Short-skirt forged pistons, light piston pins and a compact connecting rod small end help reduce reciprocating weight for quick revs.
• Tri-axis crankshaft and transmission shaft layout concentrates engine mass to idealize the engine’s center of gravity. This helps reduce pitching movement during braking to give the rider better chassis feedback. By reducing the amount of front/rear weight transfer, the loads on the suspension and tires are reduced, providing more freedom when adjusting suspension settings.
• Exhaust pre-chamber located beneath the engine helps centralize mass and allows the use of a smaller, lighter muffler.
Ram Air Induction(KP)
• High-Volume airbox contributes to increased peak power and smooth power delivery.
• Long intake funnels help boost low- to mid-range performance and power feeling.
• Ram air duct is rigid and supports the instrument panel and mirror stays to eliminate brackets and reduce weight.
• Central ram air duct produces a straight path to the airbox which reduces turbulence and increases pressure for maximum intake efficiency.
Digital Fuel Injection(KP)
• Long throttle bodies increase the distance between the main and sub throttle valves for better throttle response.
• 38mm Keihin throttle bodies with dual-throttle valves(KP) provide optimum performance and rideability. The sub-throttles, located before the main throttle valves in the throttle bore, are controlled by the ECU so that the DFI system has more precise throttle response, similar to a constant velocity carburetor.
• Fine atomizing fuel injectors have increased volume and a revised spray pattern to optimize mixing with air for the increased displacement.
Stainless Steel Exhaust
• All four stainless steel header pipes are connected by joint pipes for increased low- to mid-range torque.
• Exhaust system helps boost low-end and mid-range power without sacrificing top-end. A pre-chamber under the engine centralizes weight, reduces exhaust noise and helps minimize muffler volume.
• Single right-side muffler lowers the overall center of gravity and helps centralize mass. Triangular design provides correct volume to meet noise standards while allowing good lean angle and compact appearance.
• Short fuel pump with flat-bottom design prevents fuel warming in the bottom of the pump. Cooler fuel provides better combustion efficiency.
• A butterfly valve located at the entrance to the muffler is controlled by the ECU using rpm, throttle position and gear position to improve low-end response and help smooth overall power. Optimum exhaust tuning is attained at all engine speeds to prevent blowback that can occur with high overlapping valve timing. The valve also quiets the exhaust so a smaller, lighter muffler can be used.
• Final drive ratio emphasizes the engine’s strong low-end power.
• Short first gear ratio makes it easy to move away from a stop.
• 6-speed close-ratio transmission is removable as a cassette, providing quick access for making gearing changes.
• Gear position sensor is also linked to the dash to provide instant information to the rider. The system is also compatible with semiautomatic, electronic shifters used by racers to facilitate clutchless shifting and help lower lap times.
Kawasaki Quick Shifter (KQS)
• Contact-less potentiometer-type quick shifter that enables quick upshifts for seamless acceleration.
• The system detects that the shift lever has been actuated and sends a signal to the ECU to cut ignition so that the next gear can be engaged without using the clutch. (Clutch use recommended for downshifts.)
FCC Assist & Slipper Clutch(KP)
• Using the rotational forces of the clutch hub and pressure plate, the clutch is forced together during acceleration (Assist function) so that fewer and lighter clutch springs can be used for a lighter feel at the lever. During high back-torque, such as when too low of gear is selected, the slipper function allows some clutch slippage to help prevent engine lock-up and stalling, and rear-wheel hop.
• Use of a spring plate assembly in the clutch contributes to smoother clutch engagement and helps minimize clutch vibration (judder) noise.
Advanced Electronic Riding Aids
• The Ninja ZXTM-6R features several of Kawasaki’s latest technological systems. Its traction control system is the same as found on the flagship Ninja ZXTM-14R. Combined with two selectable Power Modes, this offers riders eight combinations covering a wide range of riding situations. And, like the Ninja ZXTM-10R, available ABS models are equipped with KIBS, a highly advanced system design specifically for supersport models.
Kawasaki Traction Control System (KTRC)(KP)
• 3-mode system combines the best features of Sport-KTRC from the Ninja ZXTM-10R and KTRC from the Concours 14 to help provide maximum traction with some degree of slippage for sport riding and rider assurance by facilitating smooth riding on slippery surfaces.
• Modes 1 and 2 control ignition timing like S-KTRC, which uses complex analysis to predict when traction conditions are about to become unfavorable and act before wheel slippage exceeds the range for optimal traction. Mode 3 has higher sensitivity and controls ignition timing, fuel and air for ultra-smooth operation.
• The system distinguishes between smooth, power front wheel lifts and sudden lift, allowing smooth lift if acceptable acceleration is maintained.
• A switch on the left handlebar switch housing gives the rider the option to turn the system off.
• Allows riders to set power characteristics to suit riding conditions and style. Riders can choose between full power operation or low power, which is approximately 80 percent of full with a milder throttle response.
• Designed in conjunction with the suspension to provide a controlled, comfortable ride on streets and highways while allowing high cornering prowess for quick lap times on the track.
• The frame and swingarm were developed with an ideal stiffness balance, so the Ninja ZXTM- 6R responds instantly and precisely to the
rider’s commands and provides excellent rider feedback.
Aluminum Perimeter Frame(KP)
• Stiffness balance designed for superb handling. Frame rigidity is optimized to help prevent road or track irregularities from upsetting the chassis.
Working with the suspension, the frame helps provide a more planted ride and helps absorb impacts without upsetting handling.
• Steep 23.5˚ degree rake angle for sharp handling and more feedback from the front tire.
• Engine mount angle designed for precise turning and less effort leaning into a turn.
• Engine mounting position at the rear of the cylinder head also compliments the frame’s stiffness balance.
• Combination of pressed and cast aluminum components are welded to form the perimeter type frame. By combining cast and pressed pieces frame weight is kept to a minimum while still providing high strength and stability with responsive handling.
• Two-piece die-cast aluminum sub-frame is light and narrow.
Showa – Big Piston Separate Function Inverted Fork(KP)
• With springs in both legs, preload and damping functions are separated into the right and left fork tubes. Preload adjustment is made on the left side, compression and rebound damping on the right. All adjustment screws are at the top of the forks for easy access.
• 37mm pistons produce high damping force for improved performance during heavy braking.
• Suspension settings idealized for winding roads and city riding while maintaining high performance on the track as well.
Uni-Trak Rear Suspension(KP)
• Uni-Trak lever ratios and shock damping settings offer a plush ride on the street and highway.
• Cast aluminum swingarm has a perfect balance of stiffness and flex and works with the frame’s stiffness balance to provide exceptional handling.
• Showa rear shock features preload, compression and rebound damping adjustments as well as adjustable ride height.(KP)
High Performance Brake System
• Radial mounted Nissin monobloc front brake calipers utilize integrated mounting points at both the top and bottom of each caliper, which makes the caliper more rigid for excellent brake feel and performance.
• Monobloc caliper is machined from a single aluminum block that contributes to superb feel, increased heat dissipation and lighter weight.
• 310mm front discs provide strong braking performance.
• Radial pump front master cylinder provides excellent front brake feel and performance.
• Nissin rear brake caliper with 30mm piston from the Ninja ZXTM-10R is light, resists fade and offers good control.
Available Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System (KIBS)(KP)
• High-precision system with smooth feedback for added braking confidence during hard sport riding or emergencies.
• The engine ECU communicates with the ABS ECU (which monitors wheel speed and front caliper hydraulic pressure) to provide highly
precise brake pressure control. The highprecision control means brake performance is not reduced due to excessive pressure drops and there is a more consistent lever feel instead of sharp lever pulses with conventional ABS systems.
The Ninja ZXTM-6R combines elements of the Ninja ZXTM-10R with sharp and edgy lines to give the Ninja ZXTM-6R a distinct look.
• Front cowl has a distinct look that makes the Ninja ZXTM6R stand out from its competitors. It not only looks unique, but its low dimensions allow the rider a good view of the road ahead.
• A pair of LED headlights enhance the appearance and each light features high and low beam plus a position lamp. The LEDs also provide increased brightness standard lights for better illumination at night.
• Tail cowl has upswept lines and overlapping and interwoven sections to give it a sharp, unique appearance.
• An LED taillight inspired by the Ninja ZXTM-10R adds a sophisticated look when the bike is seen from the rear.
• Muffler finishing treatment and end cap add to new sporty appearance.
• Heel guards contribute to the bike’s dynamic lines.
• The shift indicator can be set between 5,000 and 16,000 rpm in 250 rpm increments.
• Tachometer needle changes colors from white to pink to red to indicate upshift timing. When the engine speed is within 500 rpm of the selected shift point, the shift indicator flashes and the tach needle turns pink. When the shift point is reached, the shift indicator flashes rapidly and the needle turns red.
• The seat complements the tail section and allows the rider to make easy contact with the rear seat step, which contributes feedback from the chassis.
• The seat narrows at the front, contributing to the slim riding position and making it easier for the rider’s feet to reach the pavement.
• Five-position adjustable clutch lever allows riders to tailor the lever position to suit their hand size.
2024 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 40th Anniversary Edition ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $12,649 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $14,399 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine Type 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, DOHC, 4 Valve Cylinder Head, Transverse In-Line 4-Cylinder
Bore & Stroke 67.0 x 45.1 mm
Maximum Torque 52.1 lb-ft @ 11,500 rpm
Compression Ratio 12.9:1
Fuel Injection DFI® with Keihin 38mm Throttle Bodies (4)
Ignition TCBI with Digital Advance
Transmission 6-Speed with Positive Neutral Finder, Kawasaki quick shifter (up shift only)
Final Drive Sealed Chain
Rake/Trail 24.5.°/4.1 in.
Front Wheel Travel 4.7 in.
Rear Wheel Travel 5.9 in.
Front Tire Size 120/70-ZR17
Rear Tire Size 180/55-ZR17
Wheelbase 55.1 in.
Front Suspension Big Piston SFF-Style 41mm Inverted Cartridge-Type Fork w/ Adjustable
Preload, Stepless Compression and Rebound Damping
Rear Suspension Uni-Trak® with Adjustable Preload,
25-Way Rebound Stepless High and Low Speed
Compression Damping Adjustment and Adjustable Ride Height
Front Brake Type Dual 310mm Petal Discs with
Radial Mount, Opposed 4-Piston Calipers, Available KIBS
Rear Brake Type Single 210mm Petal Disc, Available KIBS
Fuel Tank Capacity 4.5 gal.
Seat Height 32.7 in.
Curb Weight= 425.6, 430 (ABS) lb.
Warranty 12 months
Kawasaki Protection Plus™ 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
(Specifications subject to change without notice.)
= Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).
When equipped, 50-state models with evaporative emissions equipment adds approximately 2.2 pounds.
(KP) = See Kaw-Pedia section for more details.
* = Changes from previous model year.
** = Also available as a 50-state model with the last character ending in “L”
2024 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 40th Anniversary Edition ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Engine 636cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC 16-valve in-line four
Bore x Stroke 67.0 x 45.1 mm
Compression Ratio 12.9:1
Fuel System Fuel injection: ø38 mm x 4 with oval sub-throttles
Lubrication Forced lubrication, wet sump
Transmission 6-speed, return
Clutch Wet multi-disc, manual
Final Drive Chain
Frame Perimeter, pressed-aluminum
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel ø41 mm inverted fork (SFF-BP) with rebound and compression damping and spring preload adjustability / 120 mm (4.7 in)
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel Bottom-Link Uni Trak, gas-charged shock with piggyback reservoir, compression and rebound damping and spring preload adjustability / 151 mm (5.9 in)
Rake / Trail 23.5° / 101 mm
Steering Angle (L/R) 27° / 27°
Front Tire 120/70ZR17M/C (58W)
Rear Tire 180/55ZR17M/C (73W)
Front Brakes Dual semi-floating ø310 mm discs with radial-mount, monobloc, opposed 4-piston calipers
Rear Brake ø220 mm disc with single-bore pin-slide aluminum-piston caliper
Dimensions (L x W x H) 2,025 x 710 x 1,105 mm (79.7 x 28.0 x 43.5 in)
Wheelbase 1,400 mm (55.1 in)
Road Clearance 130 mm (5.1 in)
Seat Height 830 mm (32.7 in)
Curb Mass** ABS: 197 kg (434 lb), non-ABS: 195 kg (430 lb)
Fuel Capacity 17 litres
Instrumentation Full-colour TFT screen with digital speedometer, digital bar-style tachometer, gear position indicator, shift lamp, fuel gauge, odometer, dual trip meters, current and average fuel consumption, remaining range, average speed, total time, coolant temperature, clock, battery voltage, Kawasaki service reminder, oil change reminder, Riding Mode indicator, smartphone call and mail notices, Bluetooth indicator, and Economical Riding Indicator
Warranty 12 months
Kawasaki Protection Plus 12 / 24 / 36 / 48 months
2024 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 40th Anniversary Edition ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).