YOUR ADVENTURE IS CALLING.
2019 Kawasaki KLX250:
The KLX®250 motorcycle is built to take riders to new places. Borrowing notes from the KX™ line and Kawasaki’s racing heritage, this 2019 street legal, dual purpose motorcycle is designed to cut through the busy traffic of an inner city or climb up a back trail to see the city from a more beautiful view.
The Kawasaki KLX®250 returns with updated styling and improved performance influenced by the KX™ line and Kawasaki’s racing heritage. This versatile dual-purpose motorcycle delivers serious on and off-road riding performance that appeals to riders of various skill levels, and provides a superior ride for confidently navigating through city streets, twisty roads and tackling off-road trails with ease.
The KLX250 features fuel injection for easy starting and smooth throttle response. Light, nimble and up to a wide variety of road and trail conditions, the KLX250 is an efficient commuter that is capable of also taking its operator to rewarding off-highway destinations.
2019 Kawasaki KLX250 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- New fuel injection system for easier starting at all elevations, improved fuel economy and maximum performance for everyday commuting
- Exceptional ground clearance for tackling off-road obstacles
- Adjustable front and rear suspension for a customized ride
- Low seat height and ergonomics contribute to rider confidence and comfort
- Sharp, aggressive KX™-inspired bodywork
- Matrix Camo Gray color scheme available
2019 Kawasaki KLX250 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
Ultra-Compact Liquid-Cooled Engine
• Catalyzer and secondary air system help reduce exhaust emissions so that the KLX®250 meets strict California Air Resources Board (CARB) regulations and can be sold in California.
• High-capacity Denso radiators come from the KX™ line and deliver superior cooling efficiency. Their slim profile and tightly packed cores make the radiators smaller and lighter, while the special fin design provides excellent heat dispersion.
• Flat top piston with pentroof combustion chamber delivers 11.0:1 compression ratio.
• Lightweight piston, piston pin and connecting rod allow power-producing revs without excessive vibration.
• Electric starter and the Kawasaki Automatic Compression Release (KACR)(KP), which automatically lifts an exhaust valve at cranking rpm, makes starting the KLX250 easy.
• The incredibly hard coating in the aluminum cylinder bore means superior heat transfer with less weight.
• It holds lubrication well, resists abrasion and seizure, and allows tight piston-to-cylinder clearances for more horsepower.
Digital Capacitor Discharge Ignition (CDI)(KP)
• Digital ECU precisely controls timing, no matter how fast the RPM changes.
• Easy starts and reliability under extreme conditions.
Kawasaki DFI®(KP) System
• Ultra-fine atomizing 10-hole injector helps boost performance and provide very smooth throttle response.
• DFI provides easy starting, smooth idling, increased performance and better fuel mileage.
High Tensile Steel Perimeter Frame(KP)
• The frame is built up of box-section and tubular high-tensile steel.
• The 26.5° steering head angle and 56.3 inch wheelbase contribute to quick handling.
• The incredible frame rigidity contributes to excellent straight line ability.
43mm Inverted Cartridge Fork(KP)
• 16-way compression damping adjustment.
• Cartridge maintains more consistent damping force by minimizing aeration of the fork oil.
Uni-Trak® Rear Suspension(KP)
• Lightweight, highly-rigid aluminum D-section swingarm helps reduce unsprung weight.
• Rear suspension linkage and damping settings provide a firm ride and a more planted feel in corners.
• The nitrogen-filled, aluminum body, remote reservoir rear shock has 16-way compression and rebound damping adjustment and threaded spring pre-load.
• Temperature compensating rebound damping keeps things under control even when the shock heats up under strenuous conditions.
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
• Petal brake discs help reduce weight and the wave pattern helps to clean the brake pads for better brake performance.
• Twin piston front caliper grasps a 250mm floating front disc for incredible stopping power.
• Single piston rear caliper and a 240mm disc to give strong, reliable performance.
• Tires designed for long life and grip on paved roads.
• All-digital instrument panel features bar-graph tachometer, digital speedometer, clock and trip meters.
• Narrow fuel tank contributes to the comfortable riding position and has a lockable, hinged one-touch cap.
U.S. Forest Service-Approved Spark Arrester
• U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrester allows access to designated public riding areas and helps prevent wildfires.
The fork inner cylinder and piston rod form a damping chamber inside the fork to prevent the mixture of oil and air. Air mixed into the oil results in inconsistent damping. The design of the cartridge allows for minimal oil and air mixture, and allows for adjusters to control damping. Depending on the model application, cartridge forks may have compression damping adjustment or both compression and rebound damping adjustment.
The cartridge design provides damping control necessary for high performance motorcycles and allows for the addition of damping adjustment.
DIGITAL FUEL INJECTION
An on-board, digital microprocessor reads various inputs from the engine, like ignition timing, rpm, and throttle position, and from the environment, like air temperature and pressure. It uses the information to decide the precise amount of fuel that the engine needs at that moment, and injects it into the intake air headed for the intake valve.
The fuel injection system feeds the engine just the amount of fuel it needs, when it needs it. No extra fuel is wasted, nor is the engine forced to run too lean. The result is excellent fuel economy and, combined with power and torque when the rider demands it. The engine runs smoothly and powerfully from idle to top speed.
The electrofusion treatment starts with the placement of the aluminum cylinder in a heated vacuum chamber. Fine wires of molybdenum and steel are suspended in the bore and a high voltage is passed through them. The resulting metal particles bond to the cylinder in a hard, porous film. Applied directly to the aluminum cylinder, electrofusion transfers heat rapidly and is very light. Being porous, the electrofusion cylinder holds oil so the piston always rides on a film of oil for better sealing and less wear.
Electrofusion resists wear and seizure. Rapid heat transfer permits higher compression ratios for increased power. It allows the use of closer tolerances and leaner carburetion for better fuel economy and lower exhaust emissions.
DIGITAL CAPACITOR DISCHARGE IGNITION
Digital CDI features a computer chip that dictates spark advance. Kawasaki engineers program the chip to change spark advance to match the exact demands of each model. The engineer considers engine tuning and more before plotting the timing map. Extensive testing under actual operating conditions finalizes the timing map. Kawasaki‘s digital CDI system uses a Hall Effect signal generator instead of a pulser coil because it is more accurate.
Digital CDI helps the engine make maximum power at all engine speeds. It responds more quickly to rpm changes for better
response and power when you need it.
From the steering head, two upper frame tubes sweep around the sides of the cylinder head to the Uni-Trak® shock mount then down to the swingarm pivot. The direct path between the two load points makes the frame very rigid and light at the same time.
The perimeter frame is very rigid and low in weight while allowing space for the easy breathing engine intake and exhaust systems. The result is phenomenal handling and the feel of solid control.
Uni-Trak transfers the movement of the rear wheel and swingarm to a link arm which acts upon one large shock absorber and spring. The shock absorber is centrally located low in the frame, improving mass centralization and lowering the machine‘s center of gravity. The shock linkage decreases leverage on the shock as the suspension is compressed. Small bumps are damped very lightly and big bumps get lots of damping.
Uni-Trak with its single shock and spring offers a smoother ride with more comfort, better steering and high speed handling control. It also puts more power to the ground.
2019 Kawasaki KLX250 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ 5349 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ 5799 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AU
4-stroke, 1-cylinder, DOHC, 4-valves, liquid-cooled
Bore x Stroke
72.0 x 61.2mm
15.2 lb-ft @ 7,000 rpm
DFI® with 34mm throttle body
6-speed, return shift
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel
Telescopic fork/10.0 in
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel
Uni-Trak® swingarm/9.1 in
Tubular, semi-double cradle
Rake / Trail
12 Month Limited Warranty
Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional)
12, 24, 36 or 48 months
2019 Kawasaki KLX250 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
|Bore and stroke||72.0 x 61.2 mm|
|Valve system||DOHC, 4 valves|
|Fuel system||Fuel injection: φ34 mm x 1|
|Lubrication||Forced lubrication (wet sump)|
|Front: type||Single 250 mm disc|
|Front: calipers||dual-piston caliper|
|Rear: type||Single 240 mm disc|
|Rear: calipers||Single-piston caliper|
|Overall length||2,200 mm (86.6 in.)|
|Overall width||820 mm (32.3 in.)|
|Overall height||1,205 mm (47.4 in.)|
|Wheelbase||1,430 mm (56.3 in.)|
|Ground clearance||285 mm (11.2 in.)|
|Seat height||890 mm (35.0 in.)|
|Curb mass**||138 kg (304 lbs.)|
|Fuel capacity||7.7 litres (1.7 gal.)|
|Primary reduction ratio||2.800 (84/30)|
|Gear ratio: 1st||3.000 (30/10)|
|Gear ratio: 2nd||2.000 (30/15)|
|Gear ratio: 3rd||1.500 (27/18)|
|Gear ratio: 4th||1.250 (25/20)|
|Gear ratio: 5th||1.050 (21/20)|
|Gear ratio: 6th||0.952 (20/21)|
|Final reduction ratio||3.000 (42/14)|
|Clutch||Wet multi-disc, manual|
|Type||Perimeter, high tensile steel|
|Wheel travel: front||255mm|
|Wheel travel: rear||230mm|
|Tire: rear||4.60 – 18|
|Trail||105 mm (4.1 in.)|
|Steering angle (left/right)||45° / 45°|
|Suspension, front||43 mm inverted telescopic fork with 16-way compression adjustment|
|Suspension, rear||Uni-Trak with adjustable preload, 16-way compression and rebound damping adjustment|
|Warranty||12 months warranty|
2019 Kawasaki KLX250 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
2019 Kawasaki KLX250 – Totalmotorcycle.com Australian Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).