2006 Honda CR125R
Back to 2006 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2006 Honda CR125R
Honda’s two-stroke racer sets the standard for quality and performance with its class-leading technology, and has a reputation for being easy to ride for novices and professionals alike.
Features & Benefits
– Crankcase intake tract and six-petal reed valve for more efficient air flow and improved drivability.
– Reed valve features thicker reed plates for better off-idle response.
– Piston features single keystone piston ring for improved sealing.
– 28mm radiator core improves cooling capacity.
– Shift fork shaft, shift forks and shift drum designed for precise shifting performance.
– Liquid-cooled two-stroke single-cylinder engine with 54mm x 54.5mm bore and stroke and 8.6:1 compression ratio.
– Nikasil-plated cylinder reduces friction and heat to improve overall performance.
– Piston ring groove is anodized for added durability.
– Air-intake boot is shaped for direct air flow and better low-speed engine performance.
– Foam gasket between airbox and air boot for better sealing and air flow management.
– 38mm Mikuni TMX carburetor with throttle position sensor (TPS).
– Carbon-fiber six-petal reed valve with sub reeds is designed for better top-end and low-end power.
– Exhaust port is shaped to improve top-end and over-rev power delivery.
– RC-style exhaust valve features an NSR road racing-inspired rotary flap design with governor control that provides a smooth power transition between low- and mid-range engine speeds. Redesigned exhaust valve flap features more overlap to minimize exhaust gas leakage between flap and cylinder.
– Exhaust header is designed to improve low-end and over-rev power delivery. The expansion chamber design enhances the engine’s power output and delivery.
– A four-pole ACG design produces a high-voltage spark throughout the rpm range with low magnetic drag, thus permitting a freer-revving engine.
– A 16-bit processor in the ignition CPU produces immediate data calculation and extremely accurate ignition timing for the digital ignition.
– Eight clutch plates provide significant surface area to handle the engine’s torque. Clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
– Dual radiators permit forward engine placement and provide significant cooling capacity.
– Steel water-pump gear and steel kickstarter-shaft collar enhance reliability.
– Primary kickstarting system allows starting in any gear.
– Swingarm features a dual-axis, double-taper design with a large cast-aluminum cross member that is lighter weight and stronger.
– CR®125R’s third-generation twin-spar aluminum frame features taller swingarm pivot plates and thinner frame spars to create a narrower overall frame cross-section, and is also lighter than the second-generation frame.
– Semi-double-cradle design features a single, large-diameter tapered downtube. Two rugged box-section rails attach to the base of the downtube and support the engine. A forged-aluminum steering head provides a compact and extremely durable mount for the frame spars and engine downtube.
– Optional 20-inch front wheel improves cornering traction and rider comfort.
– Rear hub design maximizes strength and lightness.
– Rear-axle diameter of 25mm and large-diameter bearings provide significant rigidity to withstand torturous track conditions.
– Inverted Kayaba fork features a cartridge design that separates air and oil for reduced contamination and more consistent fork action. Inner surface of fork’s outer tubes is honed to retain a thin coating of lubricating oil to reduce friction with fork bushings.
– Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension system features a fully adjustable Kayaba rear shock with 12.5 inches of travel, separate low-speed (18 positions) and high-speed (two turns) compression damping adjusters, and 30-position rebound damping. The adjusters are located together in a concentric fashion, with a screw inside a nut.
– Compact twin-piston front brake caliper, anodized aluminum brake pistons and lightweight front brake disc reduce unsprung weight for improved turning and handling.
– Large 240mm front and rear brake rotors to provide optimum braking control.
– Seat follows the shape of the fuel tank, providing a smooth transition to increase rider mobility and comfort.
– “Non-slip” seat cover for increased rider control.
– Wide, cleated stainless steel footpegs are improved for self-cleaning and corrosion resistance, and provide excellent grip and fold for extra ground clearance.
– Cleated rear brake pedal, shift lever and folding shift lever tip are made of lightweight aluminum.
– Adjustable front brake lever for optimum control.
– Quick-adjust clutch perch.
– Aluminum Renthal 971 bend handlebar is rubber-mounted to reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
– CR handlebar holders provide three different mounting positions: Standard CR125R holder provides a 3mm rearward set and can be rotated 180 degrees to position handlebar 6mm forward. Optional holders (CR250R-type) provide neutral position to match rider preference.
– Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
– Front disc brake cover helps protect rotor and caliper from damage.
– Removable rear subframe allows easy maintenance.
– Dunlop D742 front and D756 rear tires for optimum traction and cornering.
– Washable, two-stage foam air filter for optimal engine protection and easy maintenance.
– Repackable silencer for maximum performance and minimal noise.
– Stainless steel clutch cable for long life.
– Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider’s Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year of Honda Red Rider™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
Engine Type: 125cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder two-stroke with RC valve
Bore and Stroke: 54mm x 54.5mm
Compression Ratio: 8.6:1
Induction: Six-petal crankcase reed-valve
Carburetion: 38mm Mikuni TMX with throttle position sensor (TPS)
Ignition: Digital ignition with three-dimensional mapping and electronic advance
Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: #520 chain; 13T/52T
Front: 46mm inverted Kayaba cartridge fork with 18-position rebound and 20-position compression damping adjustability; 12.0 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link Kayaba single shock with spring preload, 30-position rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed (18 positions) and high-speed (two turns); 12.5 inches travel
Front: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: Single 240mm disc
Wheelbase: 57.9 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 25.75°
Trail: 100mm (3.94 inches)
Seat Height: 37.3 inches
Ground Clearance: 13.8 inches
Dry Weight: 197 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 2.0 gallons
Consult owner’s manual for optional racing parts.
Suggested Retail Price: $5,299.00