Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2006 Honda DN-01 Automatic Sports Cruiser Concept
2006 Honda DN-01 Automatic Sports Cruiser Concept
June 14, 2006:
(Translated from Japanese) It is the automatic sport cruiser concept which aims toward the creation of the new value where DN-01 does not belong to former motorcycle category. Advanced hydraulic mechanical cable type variable speed mechanism “HFT (Human Fitting Transmission)” you adopt, easy operativity of course actualizes the sporty running which exceeds the framework of the existing automatic transmission. Impression and the dream you have not experienced so far can be discovered “The Discovery Cruiser” and DN-01. Completely new motorcycle life is proposed to the adult who is elbowroom.
Total length 2,345mm
* Full-width 834mm
* Total height 1,100mm
* Engine type Water cooling 4 strokes OHC V type 2 cylinders
* Total cubic displacement 680cm3
* Seat Height is 26.7 inches
* Wheelbase is 63.2 inches
* Engine is fuel-injected V-Twin 680cc 65-hp
* The transmissin is a new hydraulic-lock-up CVT that will offer the option of full-auto or thumb-shift [ala, FJR1300-AE].
* Integrated GPS, built in stereo speakers, and likely ABS/linked braking.
(from forum member freebird): It uses the NEW Deauville engine which is a fuel-injected 4-valve 680cc V-2 putting out 64-hp [the old Deauville engine was 2-valves, carb’d, and I think 640cc]. If you don’t know anything about the Deauville Sport Touring bike you probablu live in the USA [it’s not sold there].
The bike is going into production and will be available early 2007 in Japan and late 2007 in Europe.
Reportedly Australia Honda is offering “680cc V-2 ” training for their shop mechanics. Thus, Honda is either planning on bringing the Deauville or the DN-01 [or both] to Australia. If you live in the USA don’t hold your breath.
Internet Rumor: The DN-01 will be available in Japan early 2007 and Europe fall 2007 – no word on the USA but speculation is 2008.