2021 Kawasaki KX100 : THE BRIDGE TO GREATNESS.
Introducing the 2021 Kawasaki KX100.
For young motocrossers who are a bit big for the KX™85 yet a bit small for a full-sized KX™250, the KX™100 provides the perfect blend of proportional power increase with a larger chassis for a more gradual learning curve on the path to the big bikes.
Mold your aspiring racer by bridging the gap to full-size bikes with the KX™100 dirt bike. With a 99cc engine, this two-stroke super-mini gives riders the perfect blend of durability and proportionate power increase with a larger chassis before transitioning to the big bikes.
2021 Kawasaki KX100 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- 19-inch front wheel and 16-inch rear wheel
- 34.3-inch seat height, 13-inch ground clearance
- Front and rear disc brakes
SUPER-MINI WITH BIG POWER
99cc liquid-cooled two-stroke engine makes for the perfect stepping stone by bridging the performance gap from minis to full-size bikes. With proportionate power increase, this amateur champion delivers strong and instant power when the rider demands it.
Front and rear suspension can be tuned to the rider’s preference. The 36mm inverted cartridge fork offers 20-way adjustable compression damping and 10.8 inches of travel. In the rear, the Uni-Trak® suspension features 10.8 inches of travel and has adjustable compression, rebound and preload.
PREMIUM STOPPING POWER
A 220mm petal brake rotor in the front and a 184mm petal brake rotor in the rear offer progressive braking performance for confident riding. The petal design reduces unsprung weight while also helping to keep the brake pads clean and cool. The result is consistent braking performance with a firm feel.
BUILT TO FIT
KX™100 motorcycles grow with your young racer thanks to the ERGO-FIT® system. Featuring six-position adjustable handlebar mounts, ERGO-FIT enables riders to set their ideal ride position. Plus, larger (19F, 16R) wheels than the KX85 (17F, 14R) contribute to a taller 34.3-inch seat height and higher 13.0-inch ground clearance.
2021 Kawasaki KX100 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
High-Performance 2-Stroke Engine
• Resin blocks in the crankshaft boost primary compression pressure for more power, while the crankshaft is weighted for maximum rigidity and durability.
• Exhaust and scavenging port shapes help boost power.
• The cylinder is Nikasil plated for increased durability.
• Large radiator for optimum cooling performance.
• Single-ring piston reduces friction and improves engine response.
• Lightweight flywheel with rare-earth magnets enhances low-end engine response.
• The bridges between the intake and exhaust ports are machine finished for better resistance to seizure.
• The exhaust port window is designed to boost port velocity and the large outlet increases flow for more mid-range and top-end power.
• Carbon fiber reeds aid throttle response. The direction of the fibers is at a 45° angle to tune the flexibility
of the reeds for precise response.
• Optional carburetor tuning jests are included so the user can optimize performance based on ridding conditions.
• Bushings in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears on the output shaft and 5th and 6th gear on the transmission input shaft add durability.
• The ends of the shift forks are hard-chrome finished for durability.
• High Tensile Steel Perimeter Frame(KP)
• Roomy, Adjustable Ergonomics
• The gas tank is positioned to improve handling and lower the center of gravity.
• Wide footpegs for excellent control. Made of cast steel for strength and use 10mm pivots for durability.
Kawasaki Integrated Power Valve System(KP)
• The KIPS system controls exhaust port height for increased horsepower and torque.
• Breather in KIPS cover relieves exhaust pressure for more precise KIPS valve action and improved high rpm performance.
• KIPS lever stopper spring absorbs governor “over stroke” for added durability.
• The KIPS governor has a long stroke to open the cylinder valves more fully. A governor spring and 8mm bearing boss add durability.
Uni-Trak® Rear Suspension(KP)
•Rear shock compression damping adjuster has 24 positions and allows damping force to be generated at a slower stroke range for a more stable feel.
• Shim-type valving for optimum damping control and feel.
• Aluminum swingarm now has a brushed finish to match the premium appearance of the KX250/450.
• Rear suspension settings provide a progressive ride to resist bottoming and accommodate larger and more aggressive riders.
36mm Inverted Cartridge Fork(KP)
•Shim-type valving for optimum damping control and feel.
• Front fork settings provide a progressive ride to better resist bottoming and fit larger and more aggressive riders.
• Inverted forks are more rigid to provide better steering response and control.
• Compression damping is 20-position adjustable and the cartridge design means better action.
• The aluminum upper fork tubes measure 49.5mm in diameter for flex free performance.
Black Alumite-Coated Aluminum Rims
• Aluminum rims reduce unsprung weight and their strength adds durability.
• Petal discs reduce unsprung weight and help clean the brake pads for more efficient braking performance.
2021 Kawasaki KX100 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4,699 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $5399 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine Type 2-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, Reed Valve, Single with KIPS
Displacement 99 cc
Bore & Stroke 52.5 x 45.8 mm
Compression Ratio Variable 8.7-10.2:1
Carburetor Keihin PWK28
Ignition Digital CDI
Rake/Trail 29°/4.3 in.
Front Wheel Travel 10.8 in.
Rear Wheel Travel 10.8 in.
Front Tire Size 70/100-19
Rear Tire Size 90/100-16
Front Suspension 36mm Inverted Cartridge Fork with 20-Position
Compression Damping Adjustment
Rear Suspension Uni-Trak with Adjustable Preload, 24-Position
Compression & 21-Position Rebound Damping Adjustment
Wheelbase 51.6 in.
Front Brake Type Disc
Rear Brake Type Disc
Fuel Tank Capacity 1.3 gal.
Ground Clearance 13.0 in.
Seat Height 34.3 in.
Curb Weight= 170 lb.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Ask about Kawasaki’s Team Green™ amateur rider support program.
(KP) = See Kaw-Pedia section for more details.
* = Changes from previous model year.
= = Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).
2021 Kawasaki KX100 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
|Engine||99cc, liquid-cooled, 2-stroke single with KIPS|
|Bore x Stroke||52.5 x 45.8 mm|
|Compression Ratio||10.2:1 (low speed), 8.7:1 (high speed)|
|Induction||2-petal carbon-fibre piston reed valve|
|Fuel System||Carburettor: Keihin PWK28|
|Clutch||Wet multi-disc, manual|
|Frame||Perimeter, high-tensile steel|
|Front Suspension / Wheel Travel||ø36 mm inverted fork with adjustable compression damping / 275 mm (10.8 in)|
|Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel||Uni Trak with adjustable compression and rebound damping and adjustable preload / 275 mm (10.8 in)|
|Rake / Trail||29° / 108 mm|
|Steering Angle (L/R)||45° / 45°|
|Front Tire||70/100-19 42M|
|Rear Tire||90/100-16 52M|
|Front Brake||ø220 mm petal disc with dual-piston caliper|
|Rear Brake||ø184 mm petal disc with single-piston caliper|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||1,920 x 765 x 1,150 mm (75.6 x 30.1 x 45.3 in)|
|Wheelbase||1,310 mm (51.6 in)|
|Road Clearance||330 mm (13.0 in)|
|Seat Height||870 mm (34.3 in)|
|Curb Mass**||77 kg (170 lb)|
|Mass Without Fuel||73.3 kg (162 lb)|
|Fuel Capacity||5 litres|
**Curb weight includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90 percent capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).
KAWASAKI CARES: Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and proper apparel. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Read Owner’s Manual and all on-product warnings. Professional rider shown on a closed course. 2019 Canadian Kawasaki Motors, Inc.
Specifications subject to change.
2021 Kawasaki KX100 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).