Introducing the new 2018 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Guide.
New Bike Reviews, Huge Photos, Full Specifications. Get it all at Total Motorcycle.
– 2018 Harley-Davidson 1200 Custom – Updated
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight 115th Anniversary – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Sport Glide – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Fat Bob – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Fat Bob 114 – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Low Rider – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Breakout – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Breakout 114 – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Breakout 114 – 115th Anniversary – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Softail Slim – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy 114 – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Deluxe – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic 114 – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Road King Special – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Glide 115th Anniversary – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic – (USA, Canada)
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited 115th Anniversary – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Road Glide Special – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra 115th Anniversary – New model
CVO (Custom Vehicle Operations)
– 2018 Harley-Davidson CVO Street Glide – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson CVO Limited – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson CVO Limited 115th Anniversary – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide – New model
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Milwaukee-Eight 117 – New engine
– 2018 Harley-Davidson V-Rod Muscle
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Night Rod Special
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Softail Slim S
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy S
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Low Rider S
– 2018 Harley-Davidson Wide Glide
– 2018 Harley-Davidson SuperLow 1200T
From the Manufacturer
NEW CHASSIS, ENGINE & DESIGN: HARLEY-DAVIDSON INTRODUCES NEXT CUSTOM REVOLUTION WITH EIGHT NEW ICONIC SOFTAIL 2018 HARLEY-DAVIDSON MOTORCYCLE MODELS
Largest-Ever Product Development Project Launches 2018 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle into its 115th Anniversary Year
MILWAUKEE (Aug. 22, 2017) – To celebrate Harley-Davidson’s 115th Anniversary year, the Motor Company is launching a custom revolution: Eight all-new Softail® models that merge the hard-riding performance of the Dyna® line with the unparalleled custom look of the Softail line.
Designed under the largest product development project in company history, the new bikes compared to prior year models feature a stiffer and significantly lighter frame built to harness the pulse-quickening torque of the new dual-counterbalanced Milwaukee-Eight® 107 and 114 engines. With high-performance dual-bending valve front suspension and an easily adjustable hidden rear mono-shock, the aggressively styled 2018 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Softail models are faster, lighter and better handling than any of their Big Twin cruiser predecessors.
“The new Softail models are the result of the most extensive research and development program in the company’s history,” said Paul James, manager of product portfolio, Harley-Davidson. “Thousands of hours of research and testing were put into the complete ground-up design of these new cruisers. We focused on taking the total rider experience to a higher level, where authenticity, heritage and soul meet the modern edge of technology for a ride that must be felt to believe.”
The handling of a Softail motorcycle enters a new era with a lighter, more rigid frame that elevates form and function to a higher plane, while maintaining the classic look of a hard tail and delivers a thoroughly modern ride. Benefits of the new chassis include increased lean angles, sharper turn-in response, quicker acceleration, nimble flick-ability, lighter weight, and easier side-stand liftoff than predecessor Softail and Dyna models. The steel foundation of the next generation of custom Harley-Davidson motorcycles has been forged.
Frame / swingarm
A new high stiffness carbon steel tubular frame forms the core of the 2018 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Softail chassis. The completely redesigned frame and swingarm significantly increase the rigidity of the new chassis. The frame itself is 65 percent stiffer than the 2017 Softail frame, which leads to a 34 percent increase in overall chassis stiffness. The frame design achieves reduced complexity with a 50 percent reduction in component parts and a 22 percent reduction in welds. There are two unique swingarms, one for narrow and one for wide rear tires. The wide chassis is 15 percent lighter (13 pounds) and the narrow chassis is 20 percent (18 pounds) lighter than the 2017 Softail frame. The swingarm transfers rear wheel movement to the under-seat mono-shock while maintaining the pure, classic lines of a hard tail frame.
All-new front and rear suspension components are calibrated to match the dynamics of the new chassis, wheels and tires to enhance the comfort, control and performance of the 2018 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Softail models. The new high-performance dual-bending valve front suspension, which was first introduced on 2017 Touring models, delivers damping performance that is similar to a cartridge fork but with improved, more responsive damping characteristics. The suspension is optimized for both comfortable cruising and spirited riding with 130 mm of bump-devouring travel. Retuned and optimized rake and trail also enhance the motorcycles’ handling performance.
The new mono-shock rear suspension preserves the classic hard tail look while revamped geometry improves ride quality, traction and control. The new easily adjustable mono-shock enables a 240 pound range of payload capacity for increased passenger comfort and enhanced dynamic handling compared to 2017 Softail models.
Ride and handling agility
The all-new 2018 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Softail models are up to 35 pounds* lighter than 2017 models, delivering an improved power-to-weight ratio that provides quicker acceleration, better braking and enhanced dynamic cornering capability combined with increased lean angles. Some models feature new tires specifically designed to work with the new Softail chassis and feature optimized constructions and improved compounds for a confident, long-wearing ride in all riding conditions. New seat designs and materials provide an improved fit for a wider range of riders and greater comfort for cruising. Bar none, the 2018 Softail models are the best handling cruisers Harley-Davidson has ever produced.
All 2018 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Softail models get a new heartbeat from the most powerful engines ever offered in Harley-Davidson® Big Twin cruisers, the new Milwaukee-Eight® 107 and 114 V-Twins.
- Milwaukee-Eight engines retain the iconic 45-degree V-Twin cylinder angle with a broad-shouldered top end accentuated by a single camshaft design that tapers to a slim bottom end for a muscular contour. The new Softail frame’s rigid engine mounting is engineered to tightly package the engine and reinforce the chassis stiffness.
SMOOTHER RUNNING & PURER SOUND
- Milwaukee-Eight engines for Softail models feature a refined dual internally counter-balanced system that reduces engine vibration while maintaining the familiar Harley-Davidson feel.
- Harley-Davidson’s trademark “potato-potato-potato” sound comes through strong with less intake and mechanical noise.
TWO ENGINE DISPLACEMENT OPTIONS
2018 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Milwaukee-Eight 107 Engine
(107 CID; 1746cc) Standard on all models
- 100 mm bore and 4.375 inch stroke with 10.0:1 compression ratio
- 0-60 mph – 10 percent quicker acceleration than the High Output Twin Cam 103
- 60-80 mph/5th gear – 16 percent faster acceleration than the High Output Twin Cam 103
2018 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Milwaukee-Eight 114 Engine
(114 CID; 1868cc) Optional
- Available on four models: Fat Bob® 114, Fat Boy® 114, Breakout® 114, Heritage Classic 114
- 102 mm bore and 4.5 inch stroke with 10.5:1 compression ratio
- Ventilator Intake with 114 graphics and badging
- Standard ABS
- 0-60 mph – Nine percent faster acceleration than the Milwaukee-Eight 107 engine
- 60-80 mph/5th gear -13 percent faster acceleration than the Milwaukee-Eight 107 engine
MODERN STYLING & DESIGN
Interpreting Harley-Davidson’s history, authenticity and styling DNA through a modern lens, the eight new Softail models feature all-new designs that strongly differentiate them from their predecessors and each other. From a new base of style, comfort and performance, the next generation of factory custom cruisers are ready for riders to take even higher with their own personalization.
“The authenticity of Harley-Davidson design comes by sweating the details from start to finish, ‘hard to do and hard to copy.’ Harley-Davidson motorcycles are not a commodity; they are handed down from generation to generation,” said Brad Richards, vice president of styling and design, Harley-Davidson. “We look at every nut and bolt on the bike, all the finishes, and every small detail. The new Softail frame is like a piece of art, and the more you take off the bike, the more beautiful it becomes. Its design speaks to the teamwork that our styling and engineering processes demand.”
NEW TECHNOLOGY FEATURED ON EVERY SOFTAIL MODEL
- Unique Daymaker™ Signature LED Headlamps on all models
- Improved electrical system charging, more than doubled at idle speeds
- Easily adjustable rear shock pre-load settings (method varies by model)
- Under seat spanner wrench: Softail Slim®, Street Bob®, Low Rider®
- External hand adjustment knob: Fat Bob, Fat Boy, Breakout®
- Under seat socket adjustment: Deluxe, Heritage Classic
- Steering head mounted USB charge port
- New instrumentation
- Keyless ignition and security system standard
- New fuel tanks
Harley-Davidson unleashes five new touring bikes with more power, comfort & handling to go the distance
Three New CVO Models Feature Largest-Ever Stock Engine Displacement
MILWAUKEE (Aug. 22, 2017) – The 2018 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle lineup introduces the most robust array of custom Touring bikes the company has ever produced, boasting show-stopping style and plush comfort ready to attack rough city streets or winding country roads. Three new completely restyled Touring models enter the limited-edition Custom Vehicle Operations™ family with the largest-ever stock engine from Harley-Davidson, while new Street Glide® Special and Road Glide® Special models get sinister, blacked-out styling.
“Our new Touring motorcycles will be some of our most sought-after bikes in 2018,” said Harley-Davidson Vice President of Product Planning and Portfolio Management, Dave Foley. “For CVO, we’ve rebooted the styling tone of the overall lineup and added some exclusive performance enhancements. And our two new custom baggers are the most aggressive, on-trend Touring bikes in the market. I can’t wait for riders to throw a leg over and experience the new rides for themselves.”
2018 Custom Vehicle Operations Motorcycles
The CVO tradition of giving customers the ultimate in Harley-Davidson styling, innovation and performance continues in 2018 with the CVO Limited, the CVO Street Glide and the CVO Road Glide models. Each model offers its owners a fully customized, limited-edition motorcycle straight from the factory with a two-year unlimited warranty.
Starting with the largest stock engine displacement ever offered by the Motor Company, and available only in CVO models, all three bikes have upgraded Screamin’ Eagle® power and exclusive bragging rights with the Milwaukee-Eight® engine in a new 117-cubic-inch displacement, rated at up to 125 ft. lbs. of torque.
CVO models are limited in number and this year’s models feature some of the most distinctively crafted paint offerings the company has ever designed and produced. Also new for all three CVO models is an advanced integrated communication technology that features a wireless headset interface module. Customers can use the included Bluetooth® headset to communicate with the motorcycle Infotainment system, their passenger and other riders.
“The level of fit, finish and performance of CVO has never been higher,” added Foley. “CVO owners will appreciate the intricate details like the new color trim on the rocker box lowers that marks the CVO engine’s exclusivity. It features a deep orange finish specially developed for placement on the engine that is unique in the motorcycle industry.”
“The new direction our Styling department took with the design formula on the bikes is truly seismic,” added Harley-Davidson Vice President of Styling and Design, Brad Richards. “Take a look at the level of finish on any of the nine CVO paint sets, but especially the Fade on the CVO Limited, the depth of the paint layers and how it glows in the sunlight is just stunning.”